HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#406374 by JoeJohnDude Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:12 am
I need some help.
Is this scam?
I have contact to a female officer supost to be from the US Army.
After longtime mailing back and worth we desited to meet.
She then acitvatet her leave permit.
They now want money from me and i feel something might be wrong.
Can anybody tell me if i was scamed?

here the details from the US Army Mail i got:
1st i got an oficial looking dokument with this:
MILITARY OF DEFENSE Form No: 09703
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY, UNITED STATES EUROPEAN COMMAND, 3RD INFANTR Y DIVISION CAMP VICTOR Y, AND THE JOINT SPECIAL OPERA TIONS COMMAND (JSOC).
POLICIES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR A VOCA TIONAL LEA VE REQUEST FROM ACTIVE DUTY.
Ø Deployed officer requesting for a vocational leave must have a reasonable motive of applying. The request can only be made by His/Her spouse or fiancée.
Ø Officer leaving his or her country of deployment on a vocational leave request must have a "Liberty Pass Card" with Him/Her at departure and arrival. Identification Card shall suffice to identify a service member on authorized absence from service duty.
Ø Experience has shown that short term vacation from service duty tends to make service men and women relent in their effort to return back to their country of deployment or stationed. So officers on vocational leave are advice to speak to their commanding officer every now and then.
Ø Officer on vocational leave is liable to receive some amount of money as a Leave Bonus and this can only be claimed by The Husband/Wife requesting for the leave on behalf of the officer. Leave bonus are granted to soldiers who are legible for a leave. When the leave process is completed, your account information will be requested for us, so as to make the payment.
Ø The maximum of the leave period is three (3) Months unless on special cases or if the Officer is quitting or tender retirement from the military. Returning officer will be liable to leave his or her country of deployment 72 hours after all the process is completed.
Ø During the period of the processing, some amount of money will be requested. These charges are strictly refundable. The total amount spent will be returned afterward as soon the officer’s safe arrival is confirmed.
Ø Spouse or fiancée requesting for a vocation leave on behalf of a deployed officer will pay all necessary charges accordingly.
Ø Officer undergoing treatment due to serious illness cannot be grant a vocational or administrative leave from active duty unless attending physician determines the health of the officer.
Ø Lastly, On no account should a third party intervene during the period of the process to grant the vocational leave.

2nd after i agreed i got this email:
Von: "United States European Command Leave department" <[email protected]>
An: me
Betreff: ****ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICS****
Dear Sir,

Please be informed that, your leave request has been granted and awarded, we believe you have carefully read the leave policy to your understanding.
You are being charged Administrative and Logistics charges of One hundred and thirty five Euros (€135.00 EUR) before your woman Sgt First Class E-7 Shirley Miller to leave the military base and be discharged from here to you, you have to pay this right now to proceed and payment must be made through our account officer details below:

Name: TRESA VALENZA
Bank Name: TRANSFERWISE
IBAN: BE56 9670 1330 1288
Bic: TRWIBEB1XXX

TRANSFER PURPOSE: FKL830590.

You are supposed to send the payment receipt to us after the payment made for the leave transit and authorization, we will calculate our officer leave bonus and we will inform you to send us your Bank details and also we will provide you a form to fill as the beneficiary of the leave bonus as stated in the leave policy sir.

Yours in Service,

Management

NOTE: THE MONEY PAID IS REFUNDABLE

its not much money but maybe someone can tell me if i just flush it down the toilet?
Thanks for your help
Advertisement

#406375 by AlanJones Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 am
It's a definite scam - the US army do not charge people for soldiers to take leave. Leave is earned just like in any job. They also would not communicate with a soldier's real family, let alone a random Internet friend, which is what you are. And also, the US military would not be using a free usa.com email address.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.