HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#407822 by tillycub Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:27 am
If anyone can offer some advice I would be most appreciative..
I am receiving at least five and often more emails everyday which are obviously scams..
Is there a way to stop them or should I delete the email account they are coming to?
How do they get my email address in the first place so I can prevent it happening to my new email account?
Advertisement

#407823 by AlanJones Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:38 am
Even if you open a new email account, over time it is likely to end up receiving spam and scams. Scammers get email addresses from various sources, perhaps an e-commerce site you've used was hacked and email addresses stolen, possibly you signed up for a dodgy site that has sold your details on, the possibilities are endless.

The best thing to do is just flag them as spam and don't respond. Don't click on any links to "unsubscribe", they are often just a means of seeing if an email address is live.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.