HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#416519 by Lay Azi Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:47 pm
I'm selling online and this person said want to buy from me. But he says he stay in malaysia but can't speak malay and want to buy the item for his cousin. He ask for my bank account details and email so i gave. Than he said to check my spam folder. He said "Read it and understand" I was scare cause this is my first time.
Here the email i received:

This confirms that you have received a payment of RM 536.00 from Sharukan Bin Kassim via Scotia Bank Merchandise Payment Service which was accepted..

Reversals: This method of payment can not be REVERSED or CANCELLED. Payment have been deducted from the sender's account.

Transfer Approved ***PENDING***

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

Important Notice: We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

We want you to understand that here at Scotia Bank our top most concern is to serve you better in terms of security.

We want you to understand that this is an international transaction and the sum of RM 36.00 cannot be received by you because it was insufficient to be approved by our database and it's the International Banking Policy.

The least amount that can be approved starts from RM 536.00. We are sending you this message because we have already deducted an additional RM 500.00 from your buyer's account (Automatically) so that it could reach the limit of transfer.

Therefore, we urge you to REFUND the balance of RM 500.00 making an instant transfer to our agent account via bank transfer or ATM machine CDM and send us the copy of the transfer confirmation/receipt for verification so that the total sum of RM 536.00 would be unlocked and credited into your account immediately.

AGENT BANK PAYMENT DETAILS

Transfer Funds To Account Below:

ACCOUNT NAME : Fauzi

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 512138651198

BANK NAME : MAYBANK

Once the transfer has been done by you, Please reply us with the proof of transfer confirmation here ([email protected]) .

Note: You MUST complete this transaction because the payment have been deducted from your buyer's account, and failure to get it done will attract extra pending charges for a pending transaction. We kindly URGE you to get it done immediately you get this message.

Please, If you need to ask a question or help, Reply to this email. ([email protected]) .This mailbox is being monitored and you will receive a response as soon as possible

Thank you for using Scotia Bank!
The Scotia Bank Team.
Scotia Bank © 2020 All Rights Reserve

All rights reserved. Scotia Bank (Europe) Limited is Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the Netherlands, Europe and World Wide as An Electronic Instant Money Transfer Institution.

Scotia Bank FSA Register Number: 2260

THIS TRANSACTION IS BEEN MONITORED BY THE INTERPOL AND FBI
Advertisement

#416560 by AlanJones Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 pm
It's a definite scam. Banks do not put a hold on money that is being sent to people and there is no minimum amount that can be sent. Also, banks don't use free AOL email addresses.

Just delete the email and block the buyer and the fake bank. Do not accuse them of being scammers, just stop all contact with them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.