Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#165043 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 1:57 pm
I understand your attitude and I do understand your anger, but we don't actually know legally that she is posting the adverts. We can be reasonably certain that she has received your money and, I am less sympathetic than others may be about those who act as 'innocent' money mules.

Though UK law doesn't apply with the money going to Spain, under UK law it makes no difference if money is laundered innocently or not - it is a criminal act, but I suspect that in reality it does make a difference.

Banking has adopted the 'Anglo Saxon' model, which has resulted in a very lax and poorly regulated banking system. I recall that in years gone by that you could be arrested in France for issuing a cheque that was unpaid. The risk is that banks and the banking system lose credibility which has potentially dreadful consequences.

All you can do is report the matter to your local police, but as you realise, it's unlikely it will result in you getting your money back. I must be honest with you. As regards the system being changed - I support you fully.

I'm sorry you've had to suffer.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#175777 by TerranceBoyce Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:41 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners bik616.

It's a scam.

Anyone who has told you that eBay buyer protection can be applied to a car is lying and they're lying because they intend to scam you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#exclusions

Exclusions from eBay Buyer Protection

Items listed or that should be listed (under our listing policy) in these categories:
Real Estate
Vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats, tractors and ride-on lawnmowers)

This isn't the full list.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle