Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#195559 by abww1 Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:31 pm
can anyone tell me if this genuine site

Alice_Sales Manager
Shenzhen Cosmi Technology Co., Ltd.
Address: Qinghumingquan 1#608 Longhua Street Baoan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, 518131, China

Official Site: www.cosmitechnology.com
Mobile Phone: 0086-15820459487
TEL: 86-755-36346487
Email: [email protected]
Advertisement

#195560 by AlanJones Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:44 pm
From the website

We have been selling and manufacturing all goods since 2008

Copyright ? 2009 - 2015

From the WhoIs

Updated Date: 23-mar-2014
Creation Date: 22-mar-2014
Expiration Date: 22-mar-2015

So they claim to have been around 5 or 6 years, but in reality it is only a week - I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#195563 by abww1 Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:50 pm
cheers, hard work trying to find power tool supplier who is genuine.

another one is ablesalesenterprices
also on face book
#195568 by TerranceBoyce Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 pm
There are many thousands of fraudulent websites on the internet abww1 and if you find Chinese ones, run by Chinese companies you know nothing about, offering goods at bargain prices, you're going to find a lot of them.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#195654 by HillBilly Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 pm
abww1 wrote: hard work trying to find power tool supplier who is genuine.

another one is ablesalesenterprices
also on face book

As long as you are looking for the best price, you will find nothing but scammers. They are the only ones capable of selling products below market value, because they really don't sell products that are real. We call these non delivery scams.

The thing you need ask yourself is "how can I get my money back if I send it to China (or some other country)?" The fact is, you can't (with few exceptions depending on your method of payment, Never ever use bank or wire transfer to pay for items,-- check with your Credit card issuer to see if they guarantee overseas purchases or not).

Never pay for an item before you receive it, either. Unless it is from a reputable place like a big box store, or major internet supplier ( Not a Business to Business website that scammers populate more than real suppliers do). Or if the credit card company you paid for the item with guarantees delivery.

Stay local, use your credit card for the purchase, and if you really don't have any other options except best price, go to a "swap meet" or "flea market" and buy used tools that might work once or for the next 20 years.

That other name you mentioned when I searched for it, came up with a few dozen sites that all appear to be scams.

#195697 by coinpuppy Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:05 am
Craigslist and your local classifieds (ONLY MEET IN PERSON IN PUBLIC) are good, as are pawn shops, and Harbor Freight is usually way cheaper than the big boix stores, but quality is iffy
#199488 by RMC Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 am
Definitely a scam this person is a thief!!! These tools do not exist… They work this scam by sending you a genuine tracking number but… it will be for some other buyer that’s bought a product from them as they have some sort of other online shop selling cheap fake coats ….