Information on romance scams and scammers.
#201476 by Sad face Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 am
To Whom It May Concern,

We have recieved your Informations and email requesting Leave for Sgt Matt Burrell as his next of Kin. It makes it Easier for leave to be processed. I have decided to help with this process. I have also Informed him the process has to be handled discreetly, As I am going out of my way to help.

The Rest & Recreation leave could last up to 28 days, The returning officer is also entitled to Leave benefits and Bonuses, which could be wired to you (Next of Kin) depending on the decision of the returning officer.

You will need to Provide favourable dates for you depending on your schedule.

We will also require your Address and Date of birth.

Thanks for your Anticipated co-operation.

Regards.
Gen Joseph Dundford.

This was the email I received today after chatting via an internet dating site - pretty sure its not for real but would be grateful for clarification so I can give them what for ! don't worry, I've not sent any details and certainly no money !

thank you
Advertisement

#201478 by AlanJones Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 am
It is a scam.

Don't waste your time replying, just delete all the emails and those from the supposed soldier you are communicating with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#201489 by Sad face Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 am
Thank you ! I thought as much...

Alan Jones wrote:

Don't waste your time replying, just delete all the emails and those from the supposed soldier you are communicating with.
#201518 by vonpaso xlura Wed May 14, 2014 1:45 pm
There is no such thing as someone outside the military requesting leave for someone in the US military. Officers in the US military do not write like West Africans, and besides the West African capitalization style, there is a spelling in there that is used in England, but not in America.

Please post the email addresses of the fake soldier and the fake leave officer, in case anyone else searches for them.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10