Information on romance scams and scammers.
#207883 by ChelleBell Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:16 pm
Thank you for your advise and concern.

Considering most of the information I gave him is disposable, and I have no credit, there is little he can do to hurt me, except spam me. But I fully intend to stop communication, it is getting old.

But if he is, indeed, dangerous, isn't there an agency he should be turned into? He has 118 friends on Tagged and I know he mentioned using Skype. He should be stopped.
Advertisement

#207885 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:58 pm
You can not stop a person who has hidden his identity. Those friends on Tagged are probably other victims or people who accepted him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#207992 by Smith Jones Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 pm
Hi ChelleBelle, I am really glad you came here to scamwarners. I hope by now you have listened to Bryon's advice and you are not in contact with your scammer. It is very important that you do that. You have also helped others by posting your information on what the scammer said to you and know that the need for someone to do something is strong. However, often the best you can do is post here and hope someone will Google the information and see the truth.
it is very hard when you realize you have been scammed. I understand feeling stupid, upset, mad, wanting justice to be done. It is so hard believe someone would spend that much time and energy trying to get you to fall in love with them, when their only aim was to do so to take your money. About a year ago this time frame, I was waiting for my scammer to come home to me. Or so I thought. I got harrassed for money due to his story of being detained on his way. It is hurtful. It impacts how you view life and looking for love. I hope you understand this happens every day, to all kinds of people. None of us deserve it. And none of us saw the truth until after things started to unfold.
Take care if you are continuing on dating sites. There is a life beyond being scammed. Healing from it takes time and it impacts your ability to trust. But it will be ok.