Information on romance scams and scammers.
#212003 by kezloumate Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 pm
I am new , i am currently online dating a male for three months now, we have met through Skype..he claims to be marine engineer ,a widower with a son, said he is currently contracted with the NATO organ.and is on sea and his son is on a study tour in Africa, Nigeria-Lagos , both are us citizens. i have sent some money to son when he asked for help, and recently, the father sent me a certificate of confirmation of fund ownership issued to him by the Foreign Trade Bank of Cambodia these funds he claims were his contract payment of his previous contract.and introduced a barrister who claims to be in cambodia whom we are communicating right now to facilitate an online account for the fund transfer, the barrister ask for some fee of us$810...we have dated for a while now through Skype and yahoo messenger with chats,we use webcam only see each other and type/chat, he said talking is not allowed for security purposes.. i want o be sure..i am in desperate need of help?
Advertisement

#212009 by AlanJones Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 pm
It is definitely a scam I'm afraid, so do not send any more money as you will just lose it.

Please post all the email, Skype etc. addresses that this scammer is using.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#212010 by kezloumate Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:50 pm
oh my God..what a tragedy...he was so good to be true...i was so stupid to sent my personal information needed for the affidavit filing?????.....thankyou for your assistance...
#212031 by ordinaryday Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:44 am
If you gave him any personal information regarding bank account or financial details contact you bank IMMEDIATELY and tell them you gave your personal information to someone who you now realise is a scammer.

if you gave him any personal information like addresses and date of birth then there is nothing he can do with it. don't respond to him anymore, set his emails to spam and he will soon go away