Information on romance scams and scammers.
#213289 by Genuinne Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:49 am
I met this guy on tagged named Freddy j. We chatted for a while there then he asked for us to have a serious relationship. This guy lived in London. He had a London phone number. We didn't speak on the phone yet. We exchanged numbers to chat on whatsapp and viber. He claimed he was an engineer with a shipping company. About a week after our chatting on whatsapp and viber he said he was going on three weeks vacation and that he wanted to come see me spend it with me for us to talk about the future. He said he was sending his luggage to me before because he was going on the ship to mexico to collect supplies then coming straight from there. About four days after he supposedly left London on the ship he asked me if I didn't get any email from the delivery company that they emailed him saying they emailed me about the luggage but got no response. I never got an email however upon checking my junk mail I received one from him with pictures of a receipt and the luggage and ship he was allegedly on. I got the shipping company email address from him and emailed them upon doing so I got a reply from them with an email they claimed to have sent to me before. They were saying that the luggage was on hold at Dubai airport and the Dubai customs was demanding tax of $870.00 U.S.D for taxable items the luggage had in it. I found it really strange but anyway I let him know what was happening and he begged me to pay the money to get his luggage safe etc. No matter what I told this man that I didn't have the money he insisted that I do whatever I have to even take out a loan sell my body my kidneys etc to raise the money to pay for his luggage. Anyway I eventually went looking up the company on Google found it and discovered that their numbers were different from the one on the receipt and that they do not do delivery to any other country but Ghana. I called them and a Nigerian native answered and said they don't do delivery to my country, only Ghana.the name of the company is speed link delivery service and they have two locations only London and Ghana. When I asked him questions about how he got a delivery company to deliver to a country they never do he got all defensive on me and said he didn't like how I was questioning him like if he was a little boy. Then it hit me the way he mentioned little boy he had to have been from Nigeria or something. And I remembered the day before he left he called me through viber and we spoke very briefly. His accent wasn't British. He spoke as if he had a forced Spanish accent as if he was trying to speak a certain way. I want to know if he was really scamming me because I'm also seeing his pics on a website about scam
Advertisement

#213294 by AlanJones Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:02 am
Anyone you have never met, who asks you for money is a scammer.

The phone number most likely starts +4470 (although he may have access to a normal UK mobile number) and is a redirect number, not a proper UK number.

Please post all the email addresses and samples of the emails that he uses as these will help other victims that he is currently scamming.

Just stop replying to him and block him on all the chat apps - don't bother telling him that you know he is a scammer, he will just deny it and try to carry on scamming you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#213300 by TerranceBoyce Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 am
As AJ says he's a scammer without doubt. If he were a globe trotting businessman he'd ring up the company and give them his credit card details if he valued his used underwear so much. The story is make believe and if anyone you only know from the internet asks you for money, he's a scammer and there are plenty around.

If you met someone in a bar and next day he asked you to pay his garage bill you'd tell him where to get off. He thinks he can put a price on the chance that this could be a relationship but his only interest is in money and he scams on the internet for a living.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle