Scam invitations to non-existent conferences
#149514 by Brooks Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 am
International Conference on Natural Disaster Management and Public Health (ICNDMPH 2013)

This Conference Scam is the (NON-EXISTENT) International Conference on Natural Disaster Management and Public Health (ICNDMPH 2013) at the (NON-EXISTENT) Premier Garden Hotel.

This scam promises free airline tickets in exchange for paying for a hotel room at a hotel THAT DOES NOT EXIST. Victims pay money and NEVER RECEIVE THE AIRLINE TICKETS!!!

This fake conference is "scheduled" to be held 1 - 5 April 2013 at the NON-EXISTENT Premier Garden Hotel, 78-80, Sussex Gardens, Paddington, London, W2 1UH - London.

This scam's fake website ( http://www.icndmph.org.uk/ ) and the fake hotel's website ( http://premiergardenhotels.co.uk/index-2.html ) are in the process of being suspended.

The fake conference claims the following contact information:

Dr.Brandon Owen
Conference Chair
43 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JJ,United Kingdom.
Ph:+447011136425
Fax:+447043097241
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]

The fake hotel claims the following contact information:

Premier Garden Hotel
78-80,Sussex Gardens,
Paddington, London, W2 1UH - London
United Kingdom
Tel. +44 (0) 701 294 5189
Fax: +448445009491
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

The phone numbers (+44 70...) are redirect numbers which make it appear the person is in the UK, but actually, they can receive the call any place in the world. See this topic for further information: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16485

This FAKE CONFERENCE offers "Free" grant money for attendees of the conference. The scammers require advance hotel payment (for a non-existent hotel) in exchange for the "free" airline tickets that do not exist.

The SCAM claims:
"Registration is free of charge for delegates from developing countries. Also free flight tickets, travel insurance, visa fees and per diem will be provided for all paper presenters and participating delegates."
Advertisement

#152354 by karenJohn Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:48 am
Admin note: This post was made by a Nigerian scammer who is clueless enough to think that we won't recognize that his English is African, not American, or realize that he is posting from Nigeria, not Texas as he is claiming. He is still hoping to convince victims that his fake conference is real, because he still wants to use it to scam people. We have left this post intact to show you just how low these scammers will go in their efforts to steal your money.

DEAR FRIENDS,

PLEASE THIS CONFERENCE IS NOT INCLUDED IN CONFERENCE SCAM, THE PERSON THAT SENT THIS INFORMATION MADE A VERY BIG MISTAKE, WE HAD SOME OF OUR MEMBERS THAT ATTENDED THIS CONFERENCE LAST YEAR, WHY MUST YOU INCLUDE THIS CONFERENCE AS A SCAM CONFERENCE, IS TO BAD OF YOU.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS FROM THIS SITE BECAUSE IF THE ORGANIZERS SEES THIS THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT FOR DAMAGING THE NAME OF THEIR CONFERENCE. SINCE YOU POSTED THIS BULLSHIT HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYONE THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT LOSING MONEY? PLEASE REMOVE THIS IMMEDIATELY DO NOT SPOIL THE NAME OF THIS ORGANIZATION THROUGH THIS MEDIA PLEASE.

THANK YOU,
JOHN FROM TEXAS
#152464 by Dotti Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm
Welcome Karen, or John, or whatever you are trying to call yourself! Glad you could stop by for a quick demonstration of how incredibly low you scammers are.

While I have banned you and your email address [email protected], you can certainly stop back and give us more of your fake names and email addresses so we can publish those too.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#152468 by began steele Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm
This is the latest occurrence of this scam here. Last year it was WORKING GROUP ON CLIMATE CHANGE and is also in 419eater by me. I'll post a heads up for it. Enjoy it Karen Jones or whatever. I'll also get it into our SP blog and give you 3 hits. Anything to say? Just make a fake profile and PM me here. :wink:

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#158146 by tg27277 Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 pm
If you submit the paper, they will definitely accept and ask you to register and apply for the grant. Then, they will further ask you for hotel reservation (Premier Garden Hotels). In the mean time, they will inform you that the grant has been approved. The hotel asked you to pay for accommodation reservation but the credit card was not accepted. You have to pay via Western Union. They said once you paid to the hotel, the invitation letter would be sent to you and you will need it for applying for a UK Visa.
I am wondering why this fake website has not been closed yet. I am sure lots of victims already paid to them.
#158153 by Dotti Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Unfortunately, some hosts are a bit more reluctant to close a site for fraud--and sometimes, the site is closed and the scammer reopens with a new host--then the site has to be killed again.

I can't say which in this situation, but I know the site killers will be monitoring and filing new reports if needed.

Could you also confirm that the website you were referred to is exactly the same? Sometimes scammers will register a domain just a letter or so off to make it less likely that all their sites will be found.

#158944 by Dotti Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:21 pm
Of course they should be arrested, but unfortunately it's highly unlikely to happen.

These scammers are based in other countries (at least some in Nigeria, but there may be others too) and have been hiding behind fake names and details. If they are operating in one of the main regions where these scams originate, chances are good that their local law enforcement is corrupt, and are more than willing to be paid off.

The governments of the countries they are targeting cannot just walk in and arrest them. They have to apply to the Nigerian government for their cooperation and assistance in the investigation. International investigations are very costly and require lots of resources and political red tape.

The sad reality is that because of the cost and difficuly in launching an international investigation, that avenue is only pursued in a small percentage of cases. In general, document losses of hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars are required before any significant actions will be taken by law enforcement.

That's why groups like us exist-with arrest unlikely, warning and doing those things we can are even more important.