Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#301713 by aimee123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:46 am
Hello, my name is Aimee, I'm mexican. I was a victim of fraud and scam by someone who calls himself (or herself) Mr. Daniel Rashford AKA [email protected] or [email protected] (he was the host family) who supposedly was widowed by his wife in the last year and had a 4 year old (kind of asian looking) girl allegedly named Kylie. He contacted me in a page I registered called aupairnet24.com, he sent me an email talking about himself, telling me he lived in Gloucester Gate, Regent's Park, London, NW1 United Kingdom, that he was an accountant at nuffield health care, how much he'll pay me and what needed to be done, that was basically taking care of the girl while he was at work.

We started skyping about a week later we first talked via email (which I may remark it said exactly the same as the others on this thread, specially the email that appeared real and "officially" sent by the UK Government. but also him asking me to reply to the @consultant.com email), I saw him on videocalls and also we talked on the phone option in skype, he seemed exactly the same as in the pictures, so did the girl. Our relationship was "making progress" but I still had my doubts, not because I thought he was a scammer, but because I thought he wasn't much of a family man and I wanted something a bit more familiar for myself.
He later asked me for a CV, telling me that he needed it to send it to "UK au pair community" so they could help him with all the visa process, then I got an email from supposedly [email protected] saying that my application progress just started and that they wanted me to fill some kind of mini visa application form that I was supposed to send to [email protected] who Mr. Daniel Rashford told me that was his lawyer and helper with the visa thing, a few days later I got another email but this time it was from the supposedly "UK border agency/ home office" [email protected] asking me for new requirements which basically were
1. A photo of my passport or valid ID card
2. A deposit of 870GBP via MoneyGram from someone who doesn't bare the same surname as me to my name at the country of United Kingdom
3. Two recent passport pictures of myself and lastly
4. A completed visa form they sent me, he also offered to pay for the visa application fee which was supposed to be 1855GBP or something like that plus the plane ticket that's approx. 1200GBP.

I waited a lot to make the deposit because I was unsure if I wanted to work with this family because I was looking for something that would make me feel like home, I later talked to my family and some friends and they encouraged me to go since "it seemed like the perfect opportunity" then I started figuring it out how would I get the money since it's a lot of money for me, I asked a friend for half the money and he lent it to me, I got the other half from my grandmother and finally decided to go and make the deposit via MoneyGram to my name thinking it was safe because I didn't think that they could pick it up using just a photo of my passport without my physical presence.

I got another email on monday morning (about 2-3 am in Mexico City time) that made me think a lot, this time the "UK border agency/ home office [email protected]" was asking me to deposit a bigger amount of money to the attorney/consultants behalf via MoneyGram, that's where I started suspecting that something weird and fishy was going on, I later consulted my dad about it and he told me that there was no way that this wasn't a scam, since nothing made sense and they were very informal with the deposit (making it via MoneyGram to the alleged lawyer/consultant) so we started researching online and found out that most scammers have the same MO and it had been very similar to what "Mr. Rashford, Mr. Morgan and the UK border agency/home office" did to me.

So I went almost running to my nearest MoneyGram agency and asked about the status of the deposit (my grandma and I) made, we had some trouble since the MoneyGram server was down since Sunday (or so they said) and just today it returned, I went in today in the morning and it was down, I returned in the afternoon and the manager helped me check the status, I guess I was lucky that miraculously the system was back but I wasn't as lucky when I found out that the money wasn't available anymore because it had been withdrawn. I emailed MoneyGram on their special email from frauds, they haven't replied. I emailed MoneyGram on their customer service and they haven't replied either. I called a 01800 line that was written on the receipt that showed the deposit that was made and filed a impeachment (complaint sort of). There's nothing else I can do right now, the money is now gone.

Thing is, I just don't want any of this to happen to anyone else so I just thought I'd share it with you guys.

If you search for the next URLs you'll see the pictures he sent me of "him and Kylie"

[url]blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/40988b84-81e1-4e93-ae70-a7656c8b40be[/url] [url]blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/b2871035-b5e4-4bd2-b440-208a1637e95b[/url]
Advertisement

#301717 by aimee123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:14 am
askingforhelp wrote:DEAR APPLICANT,

WE ARE SENDING YOU THE REQUIREMENTS WHICH YOU HAVE TO MEET BEFORE WE START PROCESSING YOUR DOCUMENTS ON THE PDF ATTACHMENTS HEREIN.

AFTER YOU HAVE FULFILLED THESE REQUIREMENT, SEND THE COPIES OF ALL THE DOCUMENTS TO THE LAWYER IN CHARGE AT [email protected] AND ASK HIM ANY QUESTION WHICH IS NOT CLEAR FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION.

ON RECEIVING THESE REQUIREMENTS, WE SHALL SEND YOU YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND A DATE TO VISIT THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR ISSUANCE OF VISA.

WE HOPE TO RECEIVE THE DOCUMENTS EARLY FOR SPEEDY PROCESSING OF YOUR DOCUMENTS.

WORKING TO SERVE YOU BETTER.
----IT ALSO SAYS THAT THE PROCESSING OF ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. THEY DON'T NEED ME TO SEND ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY BECAUSE "MY EMPLOYER WILL PROVIDE IT ALL."
AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS THEY USE TO SEND THAT EMAIL TO ME IS FROM THIS - [email protected]
AND I WILL SEND IT TO THIS EMAIL - [email protected]

AND BEFORE THAT EMAIL THEY SENT ME THIS
To whom it may concern

You have successfully been registered with the au pair community here in the United Kingdom.

Do find attached to this mail, Au pair Questionnaire form as per contacts made by your intending host family Daniel Rashford. You are expected to fill the form in all sincerity as to avoid any embarrassment in the course of your job offer and stay in the United Kingdom.

A copy of the form should be sent to [email protected] via email for documentation and contract letter approval.

We wish to congratulate you on your new job offer and advice that you adhere to instructions.

Adams Knightly (Au pair Resource Person).

FROM THIS EMAIL "[email protected]"

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME IS THIS LEGIT EMPLOYER OR ANOTHER SCAM.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP..

I got the exact same email, with the difference of the name of the "consultant" Mr. Jamie Morgan ([email protected]) THIS GUY MUST BE SUPER EXPERIENCED IN SCAMS.

Ps. I found that Daniel Rashford is casually the same name as a soccer player from UK, Jamie Morgan is the name of a guy who casually is a musician from UK and Harry Whitehead casually is the same name as a famous cricketer from England. This cannot be a coincidence.
#301719 by aimee123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 am
Chica1690 wrote:Hey I received the same contract and letter from UKBA host Family is Daniel Rashford with his son named Kyle. I have talked to him last night thru skype video call and saw his son too which is the same kid on the picture he sent to me. He lives in Gloucester Gate, Regent Park NW1 london. With the same family lawyer and asking to send me 870£ thru moneygram receiver is my name. Then I asked the host Daniel if he knows about this because its the same contract. He said that he is only following process. What should I do because I already sent all the signed details about me but not the money.

Do you still have the photos of him and "Kyle"? I got a Mr. Daniel Rashford who's got a "Kylie", I inserted the URL in my post on this thread, so maybe we can see if he's physically the same person and also, I'm curious about this "Kyle" boy, since Kylie doesn't look 100% British, she looks asian, which really concerns me..

I also found a facebook page under the name "Daniel Rashford" where casually there's another bald guy in his 50-60's with his "son", the guys profile says he's a widow (which he also mentioned to me, I don't know if he also sent that to you) but this time the boy is super blonde.

:| :| :| :| :|

All of this CANNOT be a coincidence.