Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#249920 by Chris Fuller Fri May 08, 2015 2:10 am

Hello aupair,

Thanks for taking out time to write us. A brief intro about us, I'm Sean, my wife's Laura, and our son's Jason, we are a small family of three and I'm sure our family photo shows the happy bond we share. My wife and myself tend to have busy schedules between Mondays through Fridays but our evenings are free so you would have your evenings to yourself except there's any emergency at the office. We would be glad to have you in our family and we promise you'll enjoy your stay with us. Before now, my mother-in-law was helping out with Jason but she needs to go back to her country home and yes she's been a great help to us. The work is easy, I assure you and you won't have to worry about cooking coz my wife enjoys handling that part so the stress of cooking is not on you. You'll need to bath him in the mornings, and prepare him for prep school on Mondays to Fridays, you'll need to spend time with him on days he doesn't have to go. Please note the following;

- When he returns, you'll feed him, freshen him up, tune in to his favorite children's channels (he enjoys Disney Junior, Nickoledon and Walt Disney), he needs to watch these channels to help his ability to talk and learn.
- Play with him.
- Pamper him when needed and teach him about colors, shapes and other beautiful ideas in your heart.
- His lunch and regular juice is important.
- No smoking in front of our son, if you must, please use the backyard or front lawn (although Laura won't like cigarette ashes on her green lawn so you have to do it neatly)
- He's a sweet, playful and friendly child, so please wear a smile for him anytime he needs your attention and please don't hit him.
- Don't swear or curse in front of our son. No bad language please.

You will work 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) and have your weekends to yourself. You will have a room in our house, your monthly salary will be $1,850 and $150 as your pocket money every weekend. Please send your recent pic and let me know if you have any question.

Take care,

Sean & Laura

We hope it will be a pleasure having you work for us. The prime purpose for us finding an au pair for Jason is because myself and Laura have tasking and lengthy work hours most times but we would be very considerate of your time as well. Laura has just returned back to full-time work and we feel that our son would be best nurtured by having an au pair. We are looking for someone that would be kind, nice and be willing to be a part of our family, which means we will always grant you the respect and helping hand you need from us. We are easy going parents, and we promise you would enjoy your stay with us. We would love to have you with us during our family time, go out to eat with us, the movies, participate in family events, go on trips with us (we love going to amusement parks), share holidays with us, and we will always respect your privacy too. You sound nice, friendly and caring, I'm sure Jason would like your kind of person. It's okay by us if you wish to teach our little son your culture and language. We would like to ask you some questions considering our job offer;

How often have you travelled outside your home country?
What are your expectations from us as your new family?
Do you have pet you would like to bring with you (although we don't have any because we are too busy to nurture one)
Do you sometimes experience any illness or home sickness?
Are you allergic to anything, food, environment?
Do you have any special needs or any disability?
Do you have a valid US Visa and Work Permit?
How soon are you willing and ready to travel over to be with us in the United States?

We live in New York but we have another home in Boston. Your presence would be needed most times in Boston with Jason, although there would times you both will join us in New York for visits. We would love for you to be here as soon as it's okay for you to come, Laura's mom lives around so you could always call for her help anytime you need it. We're already registered with an accredited agency here and we feel safe and secured with their service. The agency will be the one to procure your visa for you, we'll refer your application to them when you respond to us. They are reliable and they would help fast track your visa for you to join us on your preferred date. I'm not a social network person and I'm as busy as the New York Stock Exchange. You're welcome to stay with us for as long as you want and if our son is happy. We hope to read back from you soon. Not keen about social apps.

Take care

Sean
Advertisement

#250608 by Chris Fuller Tue May 12, 2015 12:12 am
The agency is also fake, and is part of the scam.

Regarding your visa application, my wife and myself recommend the service of the agency my family's registered with. They are a unit under the U.S. department of state responsible for immigration and visa matters. They are reliable and they handle the visa of my family each time we are travelling on holidays. They handled the visa application of our neighbor's au pair and we trust in them, she also suggested that it's better to start the application process as early as possible because they often get a lot of applications and to avoid unexpected delay. Here's their email: [email protected]
Please explain to them that you just got an aupair job offer with my family and you need to know about the processing of your visa. You can ask the agency questions about your visa, they should have expert advise on your question and please update me on their response and feel free to ask me any question. We hope to have you with us when possible, and we feel positive that you'll take good care of our son when you arrive.