Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#250937 by adultlife Wed May 13, 2015 10:45 am
Hi! I decided to check the legitymacy of this company before going to China because there aren't much information and opinions about the company on the Internet so I wondered if anyone used this agency to come to China. They have webpage and facebook page http://loveaupair.com/en/#/
So, I didn't contacted the company but it did the host family that emailed me on the findaupair.com website where I'm registered. Is it normal? The family decided to get everything (papers, insurance, etc) done through that agency and since then I talk exclusively to the agent via skype and whatsapp. I even had skype interview with the family(host mom) and agent.
I know now, after running through Internet that this agency has the same web pattern as "Sun au pair" - basic and not sufficient information.
My main concern is that on the Internet there aren't any opinions about that company. It's Internet, there is everything. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Advertisement

#250945 by AlanJones Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 am
Checking the legitimacy of Chinese companies is virtually impossible as there are no registers of companies and even totally legitimate companies can appear dodgy by Western Standards.

My main concern is that you say that they arranged everything - does that include your visa or have you actually been to the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country to apply for that in person? Also, you say that "you talk exclusively to the agent via skype and whatsapp". Have you had no emails from them? If you have, what email address do they write from and what is the reply-to address for it?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#250949 by adultlife Wed May 13, 2015 12:24 pm
I know I can't check it so I posted it here just in case someone came by this agency. I exchanged e-mails with the host mom but then it turned out that she mainly used help of that agent. (Because she doesn't speak English fluently). Both return e-mail adresses are the same. The weirdest thing is that the family keeps sending messages to aupairs on that site (findaupair.com) as if they didn't have me already (!) I know that because my friend received a message from them and they sent it to me as well and the text was the same. Regarding the documents, no I have to get a tourist visa myself and the agent prepared for me an Invitation letter only. Does that sound fishy?
#250953 by AlanJones Wed May 13, 2015 12:46 pm
adultlife wrote:The weirdest thing is that the family keeps sending messages to aupairs on that site (findaupair.com) as if they didn't have me already (!) I know that because my friend received a message from them and they sent it to me as well and the text was the same.

This is extremely scammer like - firstly, if they are nearly at the stage where you are joining them, why are they still approaching other au pairs and secondly, why do they send exactly the same email all the time
adultlife wrote:Regarding the documents, no I have to get a tourist visa myself and the agent prepared for me an Invitation letter only. Does that sound fishy?

A tourist visa (L Visa) is for tourists and is only valid for between 30 and 60 days. An au pair should be getting either an F Visa or X visa depending on the length of stay. Does your invitation letter mention that you will be staying with them as an au pair or does it just invite you to stay with them as a visitor? Also, have they provided you with a signed contract, you would need that as well to get a proper au pair visa.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#250956 by adultlife Wed May 13, 2015 1:16 pm
No, I would go there invited by the family To stay as long as I can. Then I will renew the visa. Also on the invitation letter I'm the person who is in charge of all the costs. I'll have the contract signed after the arrival. But it was decision of both sides.
#250957 by AlanJones Wed May 13, 2015 1:26 pm
So basically, you will be lying when you apply for your visa and will arrive in China with no signed contract, become illegally employed and hope to extend a tourist visa that you lied to get into a proper au pair one.

Even if it is not the type of scam we deal with here, if I was you I would be seriously questioning why the host family and the agency don't want to follow the proper procedures and declare you as an au pair so that you can get the correct visa..

#285305 by desitaaa Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:41 pm
Hey! I can confirm that the company is save! I am a Bulgarian studying Law at Lancaster University in the UK (giving details so you know I am not with the company or a scam) and I worked for Sun Au-Pair Agency in the summer of 2014. I also thought it was a scam because Olivia Huyushan contacted me randomly and said they will pay flights and help me with visa and I was suspicious so I checked this website and there was no info... I requested the company's registration document but it was provided to me in Chinese so I needed to ask a Chinese friend to help me out :D lets say when I left for China I was very scared it might have been a scam but luckily it wasn't! Olivia is very helpful and kept in contact with me throughout my time in Guangzhou, China. Love Au-Pair is the new company that Olivia started when she left Sun Au-Pair that it is why everything seems to be identical between the two companies :) So I just wanted to give information because the lack of information almost stopped me from one of the best experiences in my life! I would however advise you choose your family carefully because I was working from 7:30am to 10:30pm and the mother was too demanding of both the child and me. If anyone needs more info - Snipped

Personal email address removed. Anyone wanting more details can post on here where everything is in the open. AJ
#297799 by shanghailover Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:38 am
desitaaa wrote:Hey! I can confirm that the company is save! I am a Bulgarian studying Law at Lancaster University in the UK (giving details so you know I am not with the company or a scam) and I worked for Sun Au-Pair Agency in the summer of 2014. I also thought it was a scam because Olivia Huyushan contacted me randomly and said they will pay flights and help me with visa and I was suspicious so I checked this website and there was no info... I requested the company's registration document but it was provided to me in Chinese so I needed to ask a Chinese friend to help me out :D lets say when I left for China I was very scared it might have been a scam but luckily it wasn't! Olivia is very helpful and kept in contact with me throughout my time in Guangzhou, China. Love Au-Pair is the new company that Olivia started when she left Sun Au-Pair that it is why everything seems to be identical between the two companies :) So I just wanted to give information because the lack of information almost stopped me from one of the best experiences in my life! I would however advise you choose your family carefully because I was working from 7:30am to 10:30pm and the mother was too demanding of both the child and me. If anyone needs more info - Snipped

Personal email address removed. Anyone wanting more details can post on here where everything is in the open. AJ

Hi, any news about this company?
#297804 by Tim Atem Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:14 am
Please see Alan's post above.

AlanJones wrote:So basically, you will be lying when you apply for your visa and will arrive in China with no signed contract, become illegally employed and hope to extend a tourist visa that you lied to get into a proper au pair one.

Even if it is not the type of scam we deal with here, if I was you I would be seriously questioning why the host family and the agency don't want to follow the proper procedures and declare you as an au pair so that you can get the correct visa..

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#297957 by shanghailover Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:12 am
yeah, the answer was about a year old, that's why I asked. I hoped to find some sort of feedback because there are different opinions. I tried to talk to desitaaa by private message but I guess she is not on this website anymore. :roll:
Tim Atem wrote:Please see Alan's post above.

AlanJones wrote:So basically, you will be lying when you apply for your visa and will arrive in China with no signed contract, become illegally employed and hope to extend a tourist visa that you lied to get into a proper au pair one.