Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#266723 by angelique Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:44 am
Ifound an au pair position on fb
His name is cromack clive alan from the usa
He says his from boston and wants me to be his au pair
He will pay for my ticket and the like but i have to pay $500usd to his agency as a registration
Not sure what to do
Pleass help
Advertisement

#266727 by AlanJones Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:08 am
Unless you have had a face to face (not Skype or IM or email) interview with a representative of the agency then it is a definite scam.

This post viewtopic.php?p=191369#p191369 details the procedure for being an au pair in the USA and links to the official State Department website with a list of the only allowed sponsoring agencies for au pairs.

If the "agency" you have been referred to is not on the State Department list or is using a free email address or different domain to the website on the list then they are scammers. If you are being asked to send the money by Western Union or Moneygram, then it is a scam.

Please post the email addresses that the host family and agency are using, together with the mail from the agency asking you to pay the $500.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.