Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#269832 by MichelaAccordini Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 am
Hi everyone! I'm an Italian girl who would like to become an au-pair, so I've enrolled myself in several sities which offer the au-pair work. Through one of these (http://www.easyaupair.com) a family named "Capt. Harry Dane" have contacted me.
Initally they looked like a normal lovely family but later the "father" of the family did not answer more and began to write on his own account his "lawyer" through an agency the: UK BORDER AGENCY.
This agency sent me a contract letter, a police clearance certificate to complete and an employee application letter.. I've signed all documents but today the agency sent me a mail in which they told me to make a PAYMENT THROUGH MONEY GRAM.
if anyone has stumbled in my situation or knows some similar situations please let me know, it is important! THANK YOU
Advertisement

#269861 by Tim Atem Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:24 pm
It is a scam! Aupairs in the UK are regulated and the UK Border Agency you are talking to is not a real agency for the UK. In addition, no legitimate agency would have you wire money like that.

I couldn't find the link to the page that lays out the regulations, but I'm sure another warner will post it shortly. Cease all contact with the scammer! Ignore any further emails, pretend like you just dropped off the planet.

What email addresses are they using? Could you post some of their emails (with your personal information removed).

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#269863 by MichelaAccordini Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:07 pm
    The email address of family which contacted me is: [email protected]
    email address of his lawyer: [email protected]
    number with which they contacted me: +1 (301) 291-5448 (which come from Maryland - USA)

Dear Au-pair
Posta in arrivo

Capt. Harry Dane <[email protected]> 7 set

Dear Au-pair ,
How are you doing ? I found your profile interesting at http://www.easyaupair.com . I will love to express my interest in you and i want to let you know that i want you to be employed as my Au-pair, I am Captain Harry Dane and i currently reside here in London with my family. I will truly need your services here as an Au-pair for my Son and daughter, and will be very glad for us to know each other better first. the family will take care of everything concerning your flight and travel expenses. I really hope to have your reply soon , Tell me more about your self and also forward your photos/C.V so we can discuss further as regards to your employment . Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Capt. Dane

Applicant Michela

ATTORNEY JAMES EVANS
25 set (6 giorni fa)

Greetings to you Ms. Michela, I am the attorney In charge of your New London National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card and your New UK Work Permit Procession and I am also your Immigrant Solicitor , I have received your confidential documents and all your details , Your employer has already briefed me on your application and i have explained some few things concerning your UK National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card and your New UK Work Permit procession to him You will need to get your National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card just to legalize your work status in London to avoid the family or you having problems with the Government due to the fact that your Employer is not a citizen of the United Kingdom.

With your full and consistent co-operation, every procession and issuance can be carried out within a 2-3 weeks and you will be issued your UK National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card and your New UK Work Permit. Your employer have promised to bear all expenses including your flight ticket.

I will submit your application to the UK BORDER AGENCY now , soonest and the Agency will contact you directly with the necessary procedures. Once the Agency contacts you, then you let me know.
I require your fast and positive Response.

Att. J. Evans ( Esq. )
#269869 by Bryon Williams Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:46 pm
It is a scam. The thief is trying to steal your money for fake documents.

Please read all of this link. I will post a part of it.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019
United Kingdom

Individuals wanting to be au pairs in the UK who are nationals of countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland have to apply for the Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme). The Tier 5 scheme is very limited and only nationals of certain countries are eligible, as detailed here https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility . If you are not a national of one of the countries listed then you are not eligible to be an au pair in the UK - there are no exceptions to this rule.

Individuals who are nationals of an EEA country (except Croatians at the time of writing - check the Home Office website for the current limitations) or Switzerland are entitled to freedom of movement throughout the EEA area and do not require visas to work in the UK and do not require proof of funds

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/