Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#270433 by Jamesdee Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:14 pm
someone offer me as a nanny in UK he send me some papers to fill up and he said return it back to him asap he said he will pay me 2500 pounds and he will shoulder ticket and visa he provide also a contact number starts at + 4420 he send oath form job agrrement form and REC job offer form he said i only shoulder processing fee in the philippines he gave also his e mail add and hes lawyer e mail adress is this a scam pls let me know asap
Advertisement

#270436 by HillBilly Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 pm
you have not given enough information to us so we can say with certainty yes or no.... all though it does sound like it is bordering on a scam with the information you have given. Do you live in the EU?

Please copy and paste the email(s) itself / themselves, the email address(es) that sent it to you, and read this article to help you decide for yourself if it is a scam or not...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019

there is no way in the world an au pair job in the EU would have funds sent to the Philippines for processing.

Never wire money to strangers, unless you want to give it to criminals.
http://www.never-wire-money-to-strangers.tk/

#270454 by AlanJones Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:49 am
It's a definite scam - no au pair job would pay 2500.

Also, the UK is very restrictive on which nationalities can be au pairs - unless you are a national of another EU country or one of the 8 countries listed here https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility, then you are not eligible to work in the UK. There are no exemptions to this.

Please post all the email addresses, phone numbers and examples of the emails sent to you as they will help others avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.