Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#275101 by Edmond Sanchez Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:25 am
First of all I want to apologise if my english will be not correct, but it is not my mothertongue.

I was contacted with an email by David and Ruth Erb, and english family, that find my profile to an aupair site.
I don't want to report alla the email we exchanged.

They write me because they want me to become their new aupair to take care their little son Mark (4 years old).
They told me to come in january, they are very friendly and loving, but when I ask them if they have a profile on the aupair site where they find me they don't answer.

Then they told me that will pay me a monthly of 950gbp and other things like an englis course, and extra money if i need it etc.

Ok, at the begin I believe in this situation, and I felt really happy that they contact me.
They write me long email, with all information, expectations.
They told me to live in the central part of London at 1 Lansdowne Close, London SW20 8AS, UK.

I search them on internet, I search them on the social network but I can find nothing about them.
Then they make me a little survey:

Have you had an aupair/ nanny experience before?
Health Insurance is mandatory and I want to know if you have any at all for now?
How healthy are you and how often do you fall sick?
Do you smoke or take alcohol.
Have you organised play dates before? How would you feel about being responsible for our child's friends when they come over to play?
Are you ok with driving our son to activities and playdates?
What are some activities you enjoy doing with older children?
What toys/materials would you like us to provide?
How do you discipline a child

I answerd all the questions, but I also asked some pictures of them, especially a pictures of all of them with a sheet heldhend with my name writetten, it was the only way to prove their sincerity.
They answer me with another long email, and bla bla bla, they sent me their photo, but none of these photos was like I wanted and they did not say anything about it.

So I playing the game, answerd with things like " I can't wait to meet you and help you".

Today they answer me:

Dear Edmond,

Nice to hear from you.

I must say that we have decided to employ you.

However, I have forwarded your details to the Au pair Application Unit here which is the UK Aupair Community so that they can get you registered and issue you with the vital information and documents needed for our job offer to you.

They will also prepare a contract letter offer where the terms and conditions of job offer for employer and employee will be written down for us to affix our signatures in agreement.

Do keep me updated in your relation with the Au pair Community so that I can follow up on them from here.

Best wishes and congratulations,

Ruth

I immediately received another the email telling me:

To whom it may concern
You have successfully been registered with the Au pair Community here in the United Kingdom.
Do find attached to this mail, Au pair Questionnaire form as per contacts made by your intending host family David/Ruth Erbson.
You are expected to fill the form in all sincerity as to avoid any embarrassment in the course of your job offer and stay in the United Kingdom.
A copy of the form should be sent to us and [email protected] via email for documentation and contract letter approval.
We wish to congratulate you on your new job offer and advice that you adhere to instructions.
Sara Williams
(Au pair Resource Person)

The email has attached a document that I have to fill and resend it to them.
In the document, called "Au pair Application Questionnaire" are required personal details, other questions and the signature, but I can see that it is a fake.
In the final part the document says:

I will be able to meet up with the necessary financial requirements in the course of my application.

They think to cheat me :=) :=) :=)

I don't know how to attach at this topic the pictures and the document they sent me, if someone can help me this can help you to defend you from this scammers.
Advertisement

#275108 by Tim Atem Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am
Thank you for reporting this scam. What is the email address of the fake host family? That will help warn others.

The email address from the fake Aupair agency is a 1-year only domain registration registered to someone using a hotmail address. The UK regulates Aupairs and there are strict requirements, too. Please see this page: https://www.gov.uk/au-pairs-employment-law/au-pairs

Whois for the domain name online-requirement.com

Domain Name: online-requirement.com
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.007names.com
Registrar URL: http://www.007names.com
Updated Date: 2015-02-17T12:21:14UTC
Creation Date: 2015-02-17T12:21:14UTC
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-02-17T12:21:14UTC

Registrar: 007NAMES INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 91
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.9087222211
Reseller:
Domain Status: ok http://www.icann.org/epp#ok
Registry Registrant Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Samson Samson
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 811 Purple Aster AveSW
Registrant City: Kiryat Gat
Registrant State/Province: TEL AVIV
Registrant Postal Code: 82584
Registrant Country: IL
Registrant Phone: +972.33741564
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin Registrant ID:

Admin Name: Samson Samson
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 811 Purple Aster AveSW
Admin City: Kiryat Gat
Admin State/Province: TEL AVIV
Admin Postal Code: 82584
Admin Country: IL
Admin Phone: +972.33741564
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext.:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech Registrant ID:
Tech Name: Samson Samson
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 811 Purple Aster AveSW
Tech City: Kiryat Gat
Tech State/Province: TEL AVIV
Tech Postal Code: 82584
Tech Country: IL
Tech Phone: +972.33741564
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext.:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: ns2.runhosting.com
Name Server: ns1.runhosting.com
DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System:

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#275117 by Edmond Sanchez Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:20 am
Hi Tim, thank yoy for the answer.

The email address of the fake host family is [email protected]

Can you explain me what I have to do with online-requirement.com
And I can't understand what is the list that you have reported.

Bye :wink:
#275131 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 am
Hi ,
Tim posted the technical information on the email service the scammer is using. The information tells us he used false information to register the domain for the minimum period of one year which are sure signs of fraud.

Thank you again for posting the information.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#275453 by Edmond Sanchez Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:01 pm
Hello to everyone,

Family Erb keep on write me and the agency that deals with documents send me some documents to fill and to resend.
One document from the "UK Border Agency" is about "the mandatory insurance allowance" and has written that I have to tell my parents to send me 850gbp via moneygram, or other metheds of money transfer, like a proof for the UK that I can mantain me meanwhile that I'm there
And says:

To meet the above requirement your Father, Mother, Close friend or relative is to make a deposit of the stipulated financial requirement of £850GBP to your name and address in the UK via any or Money Gram agent as proof that you have secured funds to support yourself when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer:
METHOD TO BE USED WHILE MAKING THE DEPOSIT VIA MONEY GRAM:
SENDER: Could be either your Father, Mother, Close friend or relative.
RECEIVER: Must be you the primary immigrant (Diop Mohamed)
PAYOUT COUNTRY: United Kingdom
PAYOUT AMOUNT: 850GBP

Note: You must ensure that the sender is either your Father, Mother, Close friend or relative and the receiver must be you (Diop Mohamed) for the security of your funds and to enable you withdraw the fund back as soon as you arrive UK.
Your Father, Mother, Close friend or relative should Visit the nearest Money Gram Office, close to him or her and make a deposit of £850GBP to your name as the receiver here in UK which is your insurance allowance following the transfer instructions above carefully for our verification and confirmation Process.

[list=]Confirm Courier Address for Shipment of Hard Copies of your National Insurance Documents, Work Scheme Card, Residence Permit and supporting documents via courier within 48 hours. [/list]

[list=] Scan the receipt of the deposit of your financial requirement including the Money Transfer Verification Number to enable our office perform Verification of the deposit. This is usually carried out within 24hrs. [/list]

[list=] Scanned copies each of International Passport, Copy of signed contract, and 2recent passport photographs. [/list]

 [list=]The filled Application Form (if any). [/list]

Note: Ensure that the receiver of the 850GBP is you so that only you can withdraw the deposit after the verification of deposit has been carried out. This is not a payment but a deposit for verification which is why it is in either your Father, Mother, Close Friend or Relative’s name as the sender and your name as the receiver and to also fulfill that you have funds to support yourself as it is the mandatory process for your financial security when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer.
Confirmation of Basic Insurance Allowance satisfies the requirement for release of Relocation Package (ERP). Relocation Package protects the right of Au pairs and ensures full compliance to terms and conditions of contract engagement by UK Employers.

Now I can't understand where is the fraud, surely I'm not going to move any amount of money.
But how they can fraud me if I send to me the money with moneygram?
They want the number of the moneygram transiction that allow to whithdraw the money, but if I sent it to me, yes they have the transiction number but they are not me and don't have my documents to withdraw it.
mmm maybe with all the info that they ask me in the other documents (name, surname, from, signature ..) they can pass from me and steal my money.
Sorry but I want to understand well how they want fraud me.

Also sorry for my english.
Bye

ED
#275560 by Tim Atem Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:06 am
Do not send the money - it IS a scam. They will either use a fake ID to pick the money up or they may have a corrupt agent at MoneyGram allowing them to pick the money up no matter who's name it's in. They are not in the UK, this is NOT a legitimate Aupair job - they only want to steal your money!

#275625 by Tim Atem Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:24 pm
If they have your real life information, then you need to drop all communication with them. Baiting is not what we do here. If you are interested in baiting and baiting savely, our sister site 419Eater.com would be the place for that.