Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#280712 by askingforhelp Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:30 am
Is it true? If I apply as an Au Pair in USA I need to go through Au PAir Agency and pay a sum of money? Is it also true that I cannot be a salary deduction. I must really pay a Sum of Money toagency before processing any documents? Need help. Thanks!
Advertisement

#280714 by AlanJones Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:06 am
The only money that you would need to pay would be for your visa and travel cost and that would be paid to the Embassy of the country you're going to and the airline. Any family that introduces you to a travel agent or someone they know that processes visas is a scammer - that is not how the system works in real life.

This thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019 has details of the au pair schemes in a number of countries including the USA and also has links to the US State Department website where the only au pair agencies authorised to sponsor au pairs in the USA (along with their real contact details) are listed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.