Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#288503 by askingforhelp Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:32 am
DEAR APPLICANT,

WE ARE SENDING YOU THE REQUIREMENTS WHICH YOU HAVE TO MEET BEFORE WE START PROCESSING YOUR DOCUMENTS ON THE PDF ATTACHMENTS HEREIN.

AFTER YOU HAVE FULFILLED THESE REQUIREMENT, SEND THE COPIES OF ALL THE DOCUMENTS TO THE LAWYER IN CHARGE AT [email protected] AND ASK HIM ANY QUESTION WHICH IS NOT CLEAR FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION.

ON RECEIVING THESE REQUIREMENTS, WE SHALL SEND YOU YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND A DATE TO VISIT THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR ISSUANCE OF VISA.

WE HOPE TO RECEIVE THE DOCUMENTS EARLY FOR SPEEDY PROCESSING OF YOUR DOCUMENTS.

WORKING TO SERVE YOU BETTER.
----IT ALSO SAYS THAT THE PROCESSING OF ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. THEY DON'T NEED ME TO SEND ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY BECAUSE "MY EMPLOYER WILL PROVIDE IT ALL."
AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS THEY USE TO SEND THAT EMAIL TO ME IS FROM THIS - [email protected]
AND I WILL SEND IT TO THIS EMAIL - [email protected]

AND BEFORE THAT EMAIL THEY SENT ME THIS
To whom it may concern

You have successfully been registered with the au pair community here in the United Kingdom.

Do find attached to this mail, Au pair Questionnaire form as per contacts made by your intending host family Daniel Rashford. You are expected to fill the form in all sincerity as to avoid any embarrassment in the course of your job offer and stay in the United Kingdom.

A copy of the form should be sent to [email protected] via email for documentation and contract letter approval.

We wish to congratulate you on your new job offer and advice that you adhere to instructions.

Adams Knightly (Au pair Resource Person).

FROM THIS EMAIL "[email protected]"

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME IS THIS LEGIT EMPLOYER OR ANOTHER SCAM.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP..
Advertisement

#288505 by AlanJones Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:43 am
It's a scam.

In one of your previous posts, you said that you are from The Philippines. That means that you are not eligible to be an Au Pair in the UK as only a very small number of nationalities are eligible for the visas and The Philippines is not one of them. That means that anyone who offers you an au-pair job in the UK is a scammer.

This email address [email protected] is real, but the scammer is not really working for the UK Border Agency, he is just faking to email to look like that is where it came from, which is why he wants replies sent to [email protected], which is a free email address.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#288507 by askingforhelp Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:51 am
But what can he get from me? He didn't ask for any money. And the employer will the one who shoulder the flight ticket and everything. I don't need to pay anything.and the email he sent is from [email protected] how did they sent me a fake email in with the real email?
#288508 by AlanJones Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:59 am
There will be a request for money eventually. And it is quite easy for people to send emails that appear to have come from a different address. If you post the headers of the email you received (minus your details) then we will be able to show that it was not sent from the claimed address.

The fact is that you can not be an Au Pair in the UK and anyone who tells you different is trying to scam you. This is the official UK Home Office web page on visa eligibility for au pairs https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility. You are not from one of the 8 countries listed, so you are not eligible.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#290580 by Chica1690 Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:21 am
Hey I received the same contract and letter from UKBA host Family is Daniel Rashford with his son named Kyle. I have talked to him last night thru skype video call and saw his son too which is the same kid on the picture he sent to me. He lives in Gloucester Gate, Regent Park NW1 london. With the same family lawyer and asking to send me 870£ thru moneygram receiver is my name. Then I asked the host Daniel if he knows about this because its the same contract. He said that he is only following process. What should I do because I already sent all the signed details about me but not the money.
#290581 by AlanJones Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:31 am
It is almost certain that you are not eligible to be an au pair in the UK as the number of nationalities that are eligible is limited. The link that I posted to the UK Home Office website will confirm this for you. If you are not a national of one of the countries listed on that page then you cannot be an au pair in the UK - there is no exception to this. Anyone that offers you au pair jobs in the UK is scamming you.

Please post the email addresses that the host family and lawyer are using as other victims may be searching for them. Then block the scammer and do not respond to them any further. Do not accuse them of being scammers as they will just deny it.

#297020 by Bart S Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:15 am
Daniel Rashford and his son Kyle, I had the exact same email response while looking for a Au Pair position in South Africa. Got the forms ect. Something felt a bit off and turns out I was right. Thank you. Another name on my email was [email protected]. The form was called Au Pair Application Unit. Another was (VAF2 Jan 2014) Thank you, again. At least I know that my feeling of unease was correct.
Bart
#297794 by shanghailover Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:10 am
AlanJones wrote:It is almost certain that you are not eligible to be an au pair in the UK as the number of nationalities that are eligible is limited. The link that I posted to the UK Home Office website will confirm this for you. If you are not a national of one of the countries listed on that page then you cannot be an au pair in the UK - there is no exception to this. Anyone that offers you au pair jobs in the UK is scamming you.

Are you talking about people who are not European or in general? Because I signed up on a couple aupair websites and some families in UK are looking for aupair. :|
#297796 by Tim Atem Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:23 am
As Alan posted above, if your home country is not on this list or you do not meet the requirements the UK has listed, there is no way to be an Au pair in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility

Anyone asking you to apply for a Visa and you know you don't need one is a scammer.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#297797 by AlanJones Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:24 am
The visa list applies to individuals who are not nationals of an European Economic Area (EEA) country (all the EU states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). If you are an EEA National then you do not need a visa and can do any work in the UK (and other member states).

#298951 by bhecie021 Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 am
Hello! I registered my profile in greataupair.com. I am from Philippines and was trying to look job online. Then suddenly I found this family. He was not asking me anything about money. He told me that he talked to Au pair community office and this office sent AU PAIR APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE with email address: [email protected]> // The Au pair resource person named: Adams Knightly ..
Please help! Thank you.
#298952 by Tim Atem Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:51 am
It is a scam. That is a free email address and as Alan stated above, the Philippines is not on the list of countries allowed to Au Pair in the UK.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#299069 by carolmanzaneque Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:31 am
Hello,

I had been added to favourites on easyaupair.com by Daniel Rashford. His e-mail is [email protected], is it the same he used with you?

Although his address is the same you said before, he says he has a daughter called Kylie and appears in the photos with her. He also says his wife died last year. The other difference is that he pays 500£/week and he also gives me his number phone and Skype ID.

However, I'm from Spain so I don't need any visa or documents, but he also says he wants to start processing my documents through the UK Home Office. I don't know if this could be true or if I should answer him.

Thank you!
#299070 by AlanJones Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:11 am
^^^It's a scam. You are an EU citizen, so you do not need any Home Office paperwork to work in the UK.

The "pay" is also far too high for an au pair.

Just delete the mail and don't respond.