Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#302551 by jamaiex Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:06 pm
Good day to all! Please help me with this. Someone posted in our job hunting groups that he need a worker. I want to work abroad that time so I emailed him. At first of our conversation, it was convincing, he asked about myself that other employer asked to their interviwee. Since I don't have a working permit that I needed to work in their country I'll asked him to help me with this, but I see to him that he always, keep saying that he is registered to AU Pair agency, well I don't mind. All I need is employer. I'm willing to pay any expenses but I want an assurance that he give me a work!! We talking over the Facebook after I emailed him my details. He said that I need to email the Agency where he's registered and tell them that I direct hired by him, so I did. But I had I like doubt of this because he said that I need to pay 500$ for my visa documents, given this because I know how much to get visa but I'm doubting. He gave me the contact information of the agency here it is:

"Right now i will advice you to proceed to contact the Agency about your Application, Registration and Documentation Process.I want you to contact them to know the requirement and the cost involve for the Program and how to get started. Below
Au Pair Care Contact information::

Daniel Ryan| | LCC
Go Over seas , Inc.
600 California St, Fl 10 San Francisco, CA 94108
Laguna Beach,CA 92651
MelissaZachary, CA 94109
426-462-1908
Email: ([email protected])

So you need to write them that you directed by Mr Bondla and i will also inform them about you. they will help you with all the requirement you need and help you with the forms to start you documentation and registration Process. Please let me know about the progress as soon as you have contacted them and you got the information about the program. Thanks for your Interest in My Family.i and the kids Cant wait to have you here with us ."

That was he said to me and he wants me to eagerly email that Agency. But then to push my luck I did emailed it. And here is the reply of the Agency:

HELLO APPLICANT 

Thanks for keeping in touch with us about your Application of becoming an Au Pair Nanny / housekeeper  in USA. Agent Au Pair is a national employment agency providing placement services for families seeking full-time, part-time or temporary childcare in United States. We recruit, screen and interview qualified applicants. We also verify references, conduct background checks and assist families, baby sitters, Au pairs and nannies through the matching process.

ABOUT US
Agent Au Pair currently provides Au pairs from over 40 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America who are chosen for their passion to take a year off to satisfy their desire for an overseas  experience and care for children. Agent Au Pair directors have over 2 decades of combined experience in the cultural exchange field and possess a passion for fostering better relationships between foreign exchange visitors and Americans in an effort to promote international cultural understanding and tolerance.

ABOUT THE USA AU/PAIR HOUSE KEEPER PROGRAM
The Department of State established the Au pair program in 1986 as an educational and cultural exchange with a strong childcare component. The U.S. government designates certain sponsors to carry out the daily operations of the program and Agent Au Pair has been approved as one of the few designated sponsor organizations.

DOCUMENTATION PROGRAM COST 
The costs for an Au pair registration  to participate in the US Au pair Program are set by the United States Au pair agency organization. The following
are only estimates of the costs to the Au pair  Nanny each.
1. Application Fees : $300
2. Agency Fee: $200
3. Document processing Fee $ 200( Visa , work permits, and insurance).
Total: $500
( Your Host Family are responsible for the Visa  and Flight Air ticket and all you need to pay is $500)

WHAT IS DS 2019 FORM
The Form DS-2019 or "Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status" is the basic document used in the administration of the exchange visitor program. This form permits a prospective exchange visitor to seek an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in order to obtain a J visa to enter the United States.
The Form DS-2019 identifies the exchange visitor and their designated sponsor and provides a brief description of the exchange visitor’s program, including the start and end date, category of exchange, and an estimate of the cost of the exchange program....

Write neatly or type in English on white paper only.
List of the Requirement needed for your Application and Documentation process.
1. Completed Au Pair Application Form (Attached in this email)

2. Valid Passport ) Attached in this email

3. Two passport-size photos, attached to us via email.

4. A copy of your passport showing your name, date of birth and
passport number. Your passport must be valid for at least another 18
months.

These are the details (Documents) needed for the Application and
Documentation process, So we want you to complete them to get in the
program with us. Thanks for your Co operation.
MelissaZachary  | LCC
 Aupair Agency Lcc

Although I can't show you what's really in the emailed, it's kinda picture with the USA Logo and Accredited Logo. There is also documents that I need to fill it out. And I also said it to the Employer that I'm doubtful of his Agency, and I suggest to him that he needs to find another Agency. But will please help if its a scam or not?
Advertisement

#302552 by AlanJones Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 pm
It's a scam.

[email protected] is a free email address, which no legitimate company would use.

And the writing shows signs of being written by a West African and not an American.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#302586 by vonpaso xlura Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:20 pm
There is no phone number +1-462-anything. The area code is not allocated.

The writing is certainly by a native Niger-Congo speaker.

The fee for a visa is set by the government, not by the au-pair agency. To get a visa, you need to apply to the US embassy or consulate in your country, not a fictitious group in California. It's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#302613 by jamaiex Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:00 am
Thank you so much for the answer. He's talking that it is real and legit and the he has a fear to God! But I'm not kind of Idiot, I say if can I borrow to him that 500$ and I will give it back right after I come to their home, but he insisting thats not possible to happen. So I said that thanks to him. But he's pestering me and keep asking me :evil: again, thank you so much to you guys! Love from Philippines
#302627 by AlanJones Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:15 am
He will continue to pester you as long as you are responding to him as he will see you as a potential victim.

Delete all future emails from him unopened and he will soon give up and move to his next victim.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#304308 by Cookie. 14 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:09 pm
Hi! I'm also im the same situation. I was directed by a host family to contact this agency for registration and documentation.I've send an email to this agency and emailed scanned copies of my passport, filled out forms and copy of my pifture .But I'm kinda hesitant to send the amount the agency is asking , it is for $550. I mean, it is not okay to waste my money for nothing . Please help.

HERE'S THE EMAIL:
THANK YOU FOR USING ALMONDBURY AUPAIR

The ALMONDBURY AUPAIR AGENCY is a national employment agency providing placement services for families seeking full-time, part-time or temporary childcare in United States. We recruit, screen and interview qualified applicants. We also verify references, conduct background checks and assist families, baby sitters, Au pairs and nannies through the matching process.

About Us:

The ALMONDBURY AUPAIR AGENCY offers families a unique childcare alternative. Au pairs are live-in childcare providers, from many different countries. They arrive with a one-year visa, with the option to extend up to one additional year. As a full-time, live-in childcare provider, Au pairs provide childcare that fits every family's schedule and budget.

|||Flexible, affordable childcare

For an average weekly cost of only $345 per family an Au pair provides 45 hours of childcare coverage and the flexibility to customize those hours to a schedule you decide. Au pairs help with household duties related to the children (including laundry, room pick-up and meal preparation) and families benefit from the convenience and peace of mind that comes with live-in help.

|||America leading Au pair agency

The ALMONDBURY AUPAIR AGENCY has been among the leaders' in the Au pair industry since our program began over 20 years ago. we are not only one of the largest agency, but the most well-connected within the cultural exchange community. We have the most extensive connected network in the United States of America and you can depend on our knowledgeable office Agent for help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We also have one of the strongest global network of recruitment staff. Each Almondbury Au pair Employees has been recruited and screened by our own established offices in United States, no third-parties, to ensure a commitment to quality in every country.

|||Superior customer service

The Almondbury Au pair Agency provides the personalized customer service you need to feel confident you are making the right childcare choice for your family. Having a dedicated childcare coordinator, program director and placement manager means your family has personalized support at every stage of your application process and program year.

|||Commitment to quality

While we recognize that our families are concerned about the affordability of their childcare solution, The Almondbury Au pair Agency also knows that selecting the highest quality program for the care of their children is the number one priority of our host family customers. We maintain the highest quality standards for our program, and for 15 years we have been providing Au pair childcare to families in communities across the United States. We are proud of our quality leadership among Au pair programs, and we believe that the results of our host family satisfaction surveys speak for themselves.

In anticipation to your mail on behalf of your Host Famithat you want to work with him in the United States as an Au Pair. Below are the procedures we go through to enable the success in the preparation of your documents.

Working as an au pair is a great way to experience life in other countries. "Au pair" translated into English means "equal to" So you are not actually an employee of the family in the way that a nanny would be, you live with them as an equal. Living with an American host family and working as an Au pair is a unique and rewarding experience Because your host family wants you to become a member of their family, you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to learn about American culture and share your culture with others on a daily basis. Au pairs are responsible for providing quality childcare 45 hours per week. As an Au pair, you'll create a special bond with your host family.

|||Au Pair Responsibilities

Your duties as an Au pair can be varied and will include tasks related to the host family's children such as:
*Playing with the children and keeping them safe
*Preparing meals and snacks for the children
*Helping to keep the children’s room tidy
*Bathing and dressing the children
*Helping school age kids by packing lunches, taking them to school and *helping with homework
*Entertaining the children and teach them about your culture
*Taking the children on outings to parks, playgroups and other activities
*Traveling with your host family on vacations and providing care for the children

Your responsibilities as an Au pair are limited to child care and related duties as set forth by the U.S. Department of States. You will not be expected to perform tasks that are not related to children or include heavy manual labor such as house cleaning, yard work or other types of work. However, as a family member, you may be asked to help participate in duties that a typical family member would help with. Many American families hire additional help such as cleaning services to assist with maintaining their home. What families want most is for you to provide quality childcare.

U.S. Au Pair Program Requirements for Au Pair

1) Au pair must be able to understand and speak little English.
2) If Au pair is being placed with a family who has children under age 2, the Au pair must be able to provide documentation showing a minimum of 200 hours of previous experience caring for infants or children under age two.
3)Au pairs may not obtain additional employment while in the State outside of their commitments to the host family.
4)Au pair must complete an application and pay applicable fees
5)Au pair will be subject to and must pass a criminal background check in her country of origin
6)Au Pair Must pass the written interview conducted by the host family.
7)Au pair must be a non-smoker depending on the Host Family.
8)Au pair must have a drivers license if driving is required by the family.
9)Au pair must complete a 32-hour training program sponsored by agency upon arrival.
10) Au pair must sign a 12-month commitment.
11) No Salary Deductions as Au pair must provide all the needed documents and applicable fees
before their traveling to the United States of America.
12) Au pair must hold a valid international passports.

Your Host Family **** ***** has accepted to bring you here to work with his Family. We will want you to be of Good Behavior and work as required by the host family.

This is your opportunity to make your dream of working in the United State of America come true.
Also we hope you have read the requirements needed before you can become an Au pair and you have understand them. Now, we have been ordered by your host family to start the processing of your documents to come to the state and all we need from you is your commitments, cooperation and compliance.

We will like you to know that your Host Family take charges of Traveling document processing fee while you only pay for your Registration fee with our organisation.

NOTE
Reason for your registration with our organisation; without you been a registered Au pair under the United State Government on Au pair Programs, the Almondbury Au pair Agency and Your Host Family will not be allowed to make payment on your behalf and also can not process any document on your behalf. After your registration with the ALMONDBURY AUPAIR AGENCY, You will be issued your Work Permit and Contract Letter from the United State Government then your Host Family can process your visa and other necessary document to join their family.

REGISTRATION COST

The costs for an Au pair to participate in the US Cultural Exchange. The following are only estimates of the costs to the Au pair only.

1. Application Fee : $150
2. Agency Fee: $100
3. Document processing Fee $200( contract letter, work permits, and insurance)
4. Placement Fee of $100
5. Air fare surcharge varies by departure city. In Most European countries there is no surcharge. In Australia, New Zealand or South America there may be a surcharge.

NOTE: ALL FEES ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO BE PAID FIRST.

How do we receive payments?

The Almondbury Au pair Agency receive money via Western Union or Money gram as it is the easiest way you can get the money pass across to us and in receipt to our email and confirmation of the payments we would start with the processing of your documents that takes just 2 working weeks.

Shipping and Delivery Method.

As soon as all the documents has been prepared and authenticated at the US Departments of States, we will send the documents to you via courier service. We ship via DHL/ UPS and FEDEX, The documents takes just 48 hours to your door step.

We have attach the PDF Copy of the Au pair registration form and Visa Application Form. You are to fill them and scan them back to us with the Scan copy of your valid passports and passport photograph; Immediately we receive them we will guide you on how to make the payments.
So we urge you to get back to us without any delay.

Thanks,
Regards,
Maury Justin William
Regional Coordinator| International Consultant, Almondbury Au pair Agency.

401 Congress Ave Ste 2600
Austin, TX, 78701 United States
5900 Pebble stone Ln, Plano, TX 750934633.
1100N, Beech Street. Normal, IL. 61779.

Copyright© Almondbury Au pair Agency, Inc. All rights reserved. Please do not cut, copy or lift any content from this information without our consent.

Sent from Almondbury Aupair and Nanny Agency

I'VE SEND THEM THE FILLED OUT SCANNED DOCX. AND HERE'S THEY'RE REPLY..
We expect you to get back to us with the payment slip within 2 days.

Dear Applicant,

We will like to congratulate you on your decision to work with our Agency as an Au Pair in the United State, We are glad you found an host family with us and your host family has told us more about you...

According to the U.S. Department of State Regulatory;
"Applicant(s) applying as an Au pair in United State must deposit a Total sum of $550 to their Au pair Agency for their Registration. This is mandatory for anyone coming to work as an Au pair in United States of America."

This policy was made to check and control genuine applicants coming to the U.S as many Au pair applicants come to United State to work but most of them never report to their Host Family but they rather prefer to be at large and never contact the Host Family.
Please note that the money $550 is totally Not refundable and it's just to get you registered as an au pair and that you are truly coming to the U.S to work as an au pair and not to abscond after getting your Visa.

Reason for your registration with our organisation; without you been a registered Au pair under the United State Government on Au pair Programs, The ALMONDBURY AUPAIR AGENCY and Your Host Family will not be allowed to make payment on your behalf and also can not process any document on your behalf. After your registration with ALMONDBURY AUPAIR AGENCY, You will be issued your Work Permit and Contract Letter from the United State Government then your Host Family can process your visa and other necessary document to join their family.

The United State Embassy will ask about the Registration Form, Receipt of Payment and other documents at the Airport or all other security places and if you don't show one they will have to send you back to your country immediately so you have to deposit the $550 so that we can finanlise your working registration.

The deposit slip must be send to us as soon as possible to register you as an au pair In The United State, after your payment confirmation your Host Family will be contacted so as to start the necessary Documents needed because without the registration any traveling process can't be done on your behalf.

Payment Information....

Payment Should Be Made Via Western Union Money transfer/ Money Gram to our cashier who is in a Conference Right now.....
Cashier Details:

Name:Joyce smith
State- West Virginia
City-hurricane
Zip-25526

Respond to us with the MTCN Number, Sender Name, Address with questions and answers as soon as all this is receive, we will proceed with the arrangement of your documents....
We await your response after so as our cashier to confirm the Payment.

Thanks for your Co-operation.

Best Regards,
Maury Justin William,
Regional Coordinator| International Consultant, Almondbury Au pair Agency.
Desk Phone: +17244094402

SENDING MONEY THROUGH MONEY TRANSFERS IS KINDA SUSPICIOUS TO ME.

PLEASE HELP.
#304311 by Bryon Williams Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 pm
It is a scam.

In order to be an Au pair in the United States you will have a face to face interview in your country.

You will not be paying any fees via Western Union, Moneygram or bank transfers.

You will have to use one of these sponsors. Make sure you use the phone numbers and website listed. Scammer will make similar websites and phone numbers.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019
United States of America

In the USA, all au pairs must go through one of a number of designated sponsor organisations - host families do not directly deal with the arrangement of the au pair's visa/travel etc.

This is the official US Department of State webpage on Au Pair J-1 Visas http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/au-pair.

This page lists the authorised sponsors for the Au Pair program http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/sponsor-search/?program=Au%20Pair.
  • If someone claims to be an au pair sponsor and they are not on this list then they are lying.
  • If they appear on the list, but quote a website that is different to the one on this page - or they use an email address that is not linked to the website listed on this page then they are lying.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/