Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#318509 by diegolepenne Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 pm
hello,
i have been contacted by two different people on facebook (Avril Alison Galli from Texas City,Texas and Elisa Kenza Elantri from Albany,New York) with the same message "i was wondering if you will love to join my Cousin's family as there Aupair/nanny here in America?
Your profile came up as a suggestion on the people want to join an Host Family in America on Aupairworld! let me know if you are interested?
", i answered only to this Avril person cause i didn't see at first the other person's message.
She told me she found me on Aupairworld (a site i registered on)and was looking for an Au pair for her cousin. She gave me the mail of said cousin ([email protected],name Jennifer Gray) which responded to my email:

Hello Diego,

I am really happy that you replied me and interested in working for our family, I hope you'll enjoy working for our family? Here is a little about us:

THE FAMILY

Our family now have a busier schedule, I started working full time as a financial controller 8.00am to 5.30pm,and my husband run his own pipe-lining business which is based on Civil Engineering (so we're not always available at home) so we are looking for some assistance with Kevin and around the house. Hopefully you can add another language for my Son to learn and experience a different culture.

We live at 48 Factory Hollow Road Valley Falls New York 12185 USA, which am sure you know is a big city. I am down to Earth, blunt and take things the way they they are. I am a very friendly person and easy to get along with. You will have no problem in adapting to our lifestyle right here in America. We hereby need your services due to the time commitment that is demanding by our job. We want you to know that you'll never have any cause to regret taking up this job. If you do smoke and you want to smoke,it's must not be in my home cause we don't smoke in the house and definitely not in front of our Son, I must say here that we"re Christian family and we are devoted to our Religion.

Kevin

My lovely Son's name is Kevin, he will turn 4 this November, we enrolled him into school at a kindergarten school, after which he will also proceed to elementary school. My Kevin, he has a welcoming attitude and though, he is young,Kevin got friendly attitude too. he likes playing a lot and I do not think you will have any problem with him, so far Kevin eats and plays well. he is very intelligent and fun to be with,he likes candy,chocolate and enjoys watching cartoon. You’ll enjoy staying with my Son.

SALARY

You will be entitled to a Salary of $1800 every month while you will also be given an entitlement of $100 every week for petty expenses which you might need for yourself. This salary is subjected to negotiation for an upward review upon your arrival.

SCHEDULE

You will be getting Kevin ready for school and walking him down (5mins), collecting him from school, getting his meal ready and sitting down to go through his home work or school activities (at this age its not too taxing!!), taking him out on his bike or to the park which requires crossing one road and you're there.Food shopping (next to school) and keeping the house tidy, along with his meal preparation. There is a good bus service and train network however we are looking at providing a small car. This would give you more freedom and allow you to have trips with my Son. We love occasional nights out and can agree on evenings and re schedule when required.

ROOM

A well furnished bedroom will be made available for your personal use as soon as you get here. You will also be provided with a personal computer connected to the internet so you can keep in contact with your relatives, TV and other necessary things are at your disposal. There will be enough privacy for you, I guess you'll really like it. You are free to start as soon as possible, I will appreciate you coming immediately but any date of your choice will also be welcome. You have every weekend as your off days as my husband will not be going to work during weekends except special overtime.

STUDY

You will be free to study in any school of your choice soon as you get here, that's if you still want to. I will be helping you as regards tuition fees and there are so many colleges and Universities here that offer good and qualitative courses. We’ll be willing to help you with that,Let me know if you are ready to take up this position and probably get some more pictures from you.

I will love to know how long you want to stay with us and if the salary is good by you?

Do you have a valid passport and other necessary document needed for Visa Application?

Thanks.

I then answered her mail asking how the process to be an aupair in the states works (i played dumb cause i know it's mandatory to pass through an agency,so i tried to catch them off guard there,i thought that if they were scammers they would ask me to give them money directly) and they replied that they wanted to pass through an agency cause their cousin (this Avril Alison Galli) didn't and had a lot of trouble.
She said that they pay for most of the cost but i'll have to pay my part,that she doesn't know how much it is until i contact an agent.
she then gave me the Email of a certain Julia ([email protected]) from the Cultural Care Aupair agency.
I know the agency is legit,but everything else seems shady to me.
I haven't contacted this supposed agent yet,but i looked the address they gave me on the internet and i found it's home to a Rifenburgh family,but i don't know if it still is. Also the "cousin" and the other person that contacted me on facebook are profiles without pictures except th profile one and without friends,so that too raised my suspicion.
please help me clear this up,cause i don't want to be scammed,but at the same time i don't want to lose an opportunity like this.
Advertisement

#318512 by AlanJones Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:56 pm
It's a scam.

Cultural Care Aupair agency may well be a legitimate au pair agency, but [email protected] definitely isn't their real email address as it is a free address.

This topic viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019 gives a link to the US Department of State webpage that has the real contact details of the authorised au pair agencies. If the agency isn't on the list or the contact details are different then you're dealing with a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.