Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#324557 by Mon30 Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:26 pm
This is a copy of the email i got from a scammer pretending to be a host family from the US.
he also attached photographs that he sent me which are also fake,
he also stole the identity of Debbie McCardle who does work for CHI (Cultural homestay international)
It really is convincing but it is a huge scam, i have seen from previous post this guy was quite sloppy and he has seemed to up his game a bit. If it wasn't for this website i would have lost so much money!!!

Date: 16/03/2017 04:42 (GMT+02:00)
To:
Subject: Re: Au pair position.

My name is Adam and my wife's name is Candice...We are looking for a God fearing Au Pair for our child and i also want you to know that am working in Santa Barbara Tv station and my wife is working as a nurse in Canada,we are From Florida and we lived in 1105 capri St, Coral Gables, FL 33134 ,but we just relocated to Houston, Tx. the name of my child is Tremaine but you can call him trey.He is 4 years old,fun-filled and energetic boy. Our second child is sam,11 months old,but always with his mom so your job will be only to take care of trey.

> Your work is quite simple such as, cleaning the rooms, doing the laundry, entertaining him, disciplining him, teaching him manners and caring for him when he's sick or upset,playing with the kid and giving him love and attention. You should also be able to keep control of a child without the use of anger,you will do the child changing/ making the child's beds, making the child's meals and tidying up the play area and child's bedroom,spend time with the child's to play with him and educate him.
> You will also do some duties such as meal prep, grocery shopping or errand running. These activities, if mutually agreeable, should occur either when the child is in school (groceries or errands) or be performed with the child (meal prep), making this a learning activity Such as.
> Reading stories and books,Scheduling activities for the child,Managing play dates,Bringing the child to and from school,Helping with homework,Attending any appointments or events that the child is required to attend with him.
> I know you will make great friends,find joy/fun/happiness with my family , and I am satisfied at given you the opportunity to work in my home.
>
> Duties :

> You'll be working 6-7 hours a day, you are to take him to school in the morning and later go back to pick him back home from school in the afternoon. On weekends you'll take him out to new places like beach and other recreational places (You have free time). You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement.
> Here are the daily Au Pair Schedule:

> 7:00 Wake Up
> 7:30 Make breakfast for Trey
> 8:30 Help him get ready for school

> 10:00 Take some rest after arrival from school
> 12:00 Clean the Room and tidy them up.
> 13:00 Clean up lunch dishes and fold Trey laundry
> 14:00 Make Lunch for yourself and the Kid
> 15:30 Pick him up from school
> 16:00 Make snack and help him with his homework

> 18:30 Dinner with the family
> 20:00 Free evening to relax and spend time with friends.

I prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach my kid responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks.

> House Rules:

> (1...Causing a disruptive influence in the home is prohibited.
> (2...Job incompetence is not allowed.
> (3...Conduct during or outside working hours prejudicial to our interests.
> (4...Unreliability in time keeping or attendance.
> (5...Failure to comply with our reasonable instructions or procedures.
> (6...Theft or other dishonest offenses will be dealt with.
> (7...Drunkenness not allowed.
> (8...Illegal drug taking prohibited.
> (9...Child abuse or neglect highly prohibited.
> Note that you have nothing to worry about because you will be treated like a member of the family, all i need from you is to trust us and take good care of my kids as your attitude towards them will go a long way in future....

> Accommodation:
> You will be staying with us when you get here, You will have your Private Room which will have Bathroom/Toilet, Television, Air -Conditional and Internet Computer. You will have access to the Internet and a Telephone at home to get in touch with your friends and love ones. You will be having Saturdays and Sundays as your off days while i will be at home to take care of the kid, you will be having
> all the privacy you want, so to enable you have enough time for yourself.

> Salary:
> As for your salary, I will be will be paying you $1400 Usd Monthly equivalent to the US Au pair program and minimum wage and a pocket fee of $195 Usd weekly which I suppose should be enough for your primary needs and that does not include you to pay any taxes, after when i see that you work very well i shall increase your salary.

> Start Date & Period of Employment:‎
> You are expected to start as soon as you arrive here and I'll like to know how long you can work for my family because, completely it depends on how long you would like to work here with me but left to me, I do not intend to see you off in the next 4-6 Month because I really would need your services. If due to circumstances beyond your control or for any other reason, you wish to leave at an earlier date than our agreement, you will be required to give one month’s notice. I need someone who is Honest,Caring, Trustworthy, Loving,Affectionate, Concerned, Understanding,friendly and Who loves Kids, i want to play a role of a real mother to my Son.

I will be more than happy if you are willing to join my family. Well i believe with this letter you definitely know much about my family so if you think you have interest in my family and got this attractive, that our family is a kind of family you are looking for don't hesitate to reply me when you get this email, to proceed to the next step about the US Au Pair Program and your Documentation Process .I would like you to tell me more about yourself too.

Thanks so much and have a nice and Wonderful day, Stay Blessed till I read back from you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Advertisement