Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#296269 by Alma27saludes Thu May 26, 2016 2:14 pm
Please help me...
I receive a message in this site Aufini.com the family who is looking for aupair.. Since then we talk about the agreement to process this papers..
First question from host family name [email protected] he ask me about the CV. Then I do quickly to send this host family after that Abel said he ask to help in UK home office to produced CV scan.. After one day the UK Home Office email Harry whitehead... Please help me to find if it is scam... I'm worry they ask me to send money through money gram 670.000GBP. Although I have sent already 20.000.
Advertisement

#296273 by Bryon Williams Thu May 26, 2016 3:05 pm
It is a scam.

Stop all contact with everyone involved.

You are not allowed to be an Au Pair in the UK.

Please read this link >> viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019

United Kingdom

Individuals wanting to be au pairs in the UK who are nationals of countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland have to apply for the Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme). The Tier 5 scheme is very limited and only nationals of certain countries are eligible, as detailed here https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility . If you are not a national of one of the countries listed then you are not eligible to be an au pair in the UK - there are no exceptions to this rule.

Individuals who are nationals of an EEA country (except Croatians at the time of writing - check the Home Office website for the current limitations) or Switzerland are entitled to freedom of movement throughout the EEA area and do not require visas to work in the UK and do not require proof of funds

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#296278 by Alma27saludes Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 pm
Thank you for the quick and very kind response... I'm so sad to say that I have talk to this scamer and victim if this kind of scam for the first time... God help me..
Since few days we have argue this employer then about the other file he tries to send to me but I can not open it..
Oh my god.. I loss my money..unbelievable. :(
#327524 by Denca.posltova Tue May 09, 2017 10:41 am
Hello, Can I ask if this is a scam?
Some man called Abel Curbishley, email adress: [email protected] a telephone number: +44749833927 promised me work as his au pair. I should take care of his 3 years old daughter called Kylie, she is little Assian girl and he promised me 300gbp weekly what seems to me very much. He also sent me a contract and when I red it all in the end was a sentence that I must send him a deposit of a 1000gbp. It sounds me very weird. So I want know if it is a scam? Thank you very much and I'm sorry for my bad English.
#327534 by AlanJones Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 am
It's a scam - the au pair visas in the UK are very restricted (about 6 nationalities) and unless you are from one of those countries or an EU citizen (in which case no visa is needed) you can not be an au pair in the UK.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#328911 by Grace Bartolo Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 am
Hi! I hope someone will give me confirmation!
Same person from above, Abel Curbishley. This time, he's using [email protected]
Its still scam right? Buuut. We had video call. I saw them. are they still scammer? How about the kid?
I received documents. And yes, asking fir 1000 gbp. Im not doing anything yet.
Please give me confirmation.! :cry:
#329022 by Mike Wilson Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm
Yes it is a scam you are not eligible to be an Au Pair in the UK. Video calls can be fake so the do not prove anything. Stop all contact with this criminal without telling him that you know it is a scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#331249 by jenny99 Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:41 am
Still this guy. He said exactly the same to me. I was excited to be an aupair in Uk, but I didn't read well the condition of the UK immigration. Thank God I found this forum :D :D
#331251 by Mike Wilson Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:49 am
Hello jenny99 and welcome to Scamwarners,
If you have any new email addresses from this scam please post the full email along with the new address that he may be using.
I happy to hear that you found this site helpful. If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#331376 by jenny99 Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:20 am
I have two profiles on an aupair website, one is my friend and the other is mine. He tried to contact me and ny friend with other names like Daniel, Alexander... but still using his old email: [email protected] . :laugh-s: