Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#306963 by Mary86 Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 pm
I get a mail from this adress: [email protected]

and this text:

Good morning Martina,
Sure you are doing great!
On a pleasant note we have agreed to employ you.
Attached to this email is the contract letter for your review of the terms
and conditions of our offer to you. The UK Home Office will prepare your
travel and work documents.
If our offer is okay for you, sign the contract letter and make a scanned
copy to the UK Home Office on their email: [email protected]
In a written application to the home office, indicate your intending travel
date and take off location for accurate booking of flight, which we shall
pay for. Also attached are some family pictures.

Contact the UK Home Office as soon as possible and keep us posted with the
situation of your application.

Warm regards and write us soon.

Kendal's Family.
They will not contat me over skype and like to send me the contract to the home office.
I think it is scam.
Can somebody help me with that?

Thank you in advance

Martina
Advertisement

#306969 by Ideafix Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:11 pm
Hi Martina,

Even though I'm no scam expert, I do believe this offer to be fraudulent.

The supposed UK Home Office address you've been given is from a free email provider and no official UK government institution uses free email providers. Visa applications and immigration requests are processed directly in the Home Office's website (https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi) and not by email.

I suspect someone behind that address you've been given will quickly "approve" your request and send you "payment instructions" for the inevitable "fees". And that's how they plan to scam you out of your money.
#306972 by Tim Atem Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 pm
You are correct - it is a scam.

@Mary86
Stop all communication with them and do not tell them you know it's a scam. Read through the link posted above and also this link for information about the UK's policies on Au Pairs.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#307074 by Battoul Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:56 am
I have the same situation but they dont ask me for money yet they told me that I have to send money to my self 555ghb in order to be sure that I have funds to live in the uk
The family has offered me 450ghb a week they sent me a contract that I filled up from the uk agency border and when I ask them why I should send money they sent me that:
Hello Battoul,
this requirement is just to show and proof that you are financially
capable of sponsoring yourself in the UK, at least before you receive
your first salary. it is a show of pocket money to be sure that you
have some money when coming to the UK. as instructed you are to visit
any MONEYGRAM SHOP OR OFFICE in your locality and make a deposit of
555GBP using your name as the receiver and the name of any close
friend or acquaintance as the sender,(Someone who can vouch for you)
the destination of the deposit should be-United Kingdom, then you send
a scanned copy of the deposit slip along with the application form to
the barrister for verification.
verification process only takes about 24hours after which you will be
instructed to retrieve back the deposit either in any location of your
choice. try and get these requirements completed on time, so we can
round up travel arrangements and i can go ahead and book your flight
ticket on time.please indicate to my barrister the airport which you
will be traveling from. my greetings to your family
Mr David Shaw

They don't anwser when I asked them to do a skype session and gave me the mail of a the responsible of my case in the uk border agency which is : [email protected]
Is it a scam please help me I have already took my airplane ticket --"
#307078 by Tim Atem Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:35 am
It is a scam. [email protected] is a free email address that wouldn't be used by any legitimate agency registered in the UK. Please see the post above:

Stop all communication with them and do not tell them you know it's a scam. Read through the link posted above and also this link for information about the UK's policies on Au Pairs.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#307080 by AlanJones Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:43 am
Battoul wrote:I have the same situation but they dont ask me for money yet they told me that I have to send money to my self 555ghb in order to be sure that I have funds to live in the uk

Even if you send the money to yourself, the scammers will still be able to steal it as they will request sufficient information from you to allow them to collect the funds.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#314246 by claire nietes Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:32 am
Hi Martina
We have the same UK email
They give host employer told me same.they send me a contract letter to sign and send to the UK_border office email.com
After a while UK home office send me a application letter and info.requirements that told me that I need a SPF send to my name and address's the family host.I chat the family host that I don't have that money to send if they really want me they lend me that amount..hahah I will work for them and they will hired me.sorry but I really want it to sure so I research everything about UK home office .I call abroad,o research term and condition and the law of UK till I found it was totally scam.
#314291 by Zeea Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:21 am
It looks like a scam to me.

Every genuine UK government agency will use the '[email protected]' email address. Anything not ending in gov.uk would be very suspicious.

Zee
#334188 by Alina Lama Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm
Hope you are doing great today !
On a pleasant note we have agreed to employ you.
Attached to this email is the contract letter for your review of the terms and conditions of our offer to you. The UK Home Office will prepare your travel and work documents.
If our offer is okay for you, sign the contract letter and make a scanned copy to the UK Home Office on their email: [email protected] .
In a written application to the Home Office, indicate your intending travel date and take off location for accurate booking of flight, which we shall pay for. Also attached are some of my family photos.

Contact the UK Home Office as soon as possible and keep us posted with the situation of your application.

Warm regards and write us soon.

Hughes's Family.