Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#360383 by sherese st louis Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:46 am
hi i found a family on greataupair to look after his 3 years old daughter Alma, his name is anthony holmes he said he will contact the uk immigration to let them no that he wants to hire me and go about getting my work visa to come to the UK. first he sent me a questionnaire to fill and ask to forward to an email [email protected] which i did. then they sent me a contract letter, a visa application form, and an instructions. so they ask that i fill and sign d contract and visa form and scan and send back to them along with a copy of my passport or identification card, with 2 recernt passport size pictures and a money gram reference number to show that i or my next of kin (eg mother,father,sister, or friend ) sends a total of 1250 GBP to my employer address i guess and the receiver is my name to show that i have sufficient fund and once i get there can collect my money at any money gram office and the employer agree to pay for my flight and i will be living in i have is phone number and skype ID am from Grenada in the Caribbean they also ask that i send copy of the documents to the lawyer assigned to me his name is Alan Westwood at [email protected]. is this legit or scam?
Advertisement

#360388 by AlanJones Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:55 am
It's a scam. The UK au pair program is very restricted to the nationalities that are eligible and nationals of Grenada are not included. That means that it is impossible for you to be an au pair in the UK.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#360401 by sherese st louis Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:31 am
Am a little confused. won't i fall under the visa? so i cannot apply for as a skilled worker under tier 2?

You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:

you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK
you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
#360403 by AlanJones Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:53 am
Being an au pair is not a "skilled job". The visa for au pairs in the UK is the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa - official details can be found here https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.