Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#47462 by Chris Fuller Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:07 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. The scammer, possibly via another fake person, company, or government department (lawyer, travel agency, embassy, UK Border Agency), will request money for a visa, work permit, flight tickets, or other 'necessary travel/employment documents'. This money will then be stolen from you. The scammer will not obtain any documents for anyone; and does not really have an au pair position to offer.

Notice that the scammer says:

dont go to your embassy

He does not want you to discover the real UK entry and visa requirements. But if you are looking for an au pair position in the UK, please DO contact the British Embassy in your own country to check the UK requirements. You can find the genuine British Embassy website by Google searching 'British Embassy' and the name of your country. Note that a genuine British Embassy email address will always end with @fco.gov.uk (and with no words or abbreviations after that).

from Bruce Walls <[email protected]>

Dear Au pair,

We have decided to find an Au pair because we need help looking after our child. We are looking for an Au pair to be a big sister or brother to our child and to become another member of our family.

My name is Mr Wallace Bruce and I am 40 years old and my spouse Mary is thirty three years old and works as a Nurse.

We live in a three bedroom house in 19 Woodcote Avenue, London NW7 2PG United Kingdom and have two kids, Donald is 4 and my daughter is 5 years old and they are lovely kids.

My kids likes to go to the parks so as my daughter once a week and we would like you to take him.

We will require you to take care of our kids for about 30hrs a week. You will have weekends free and we will pay you £200 per week pocket money which we will give to you every Friday.

Our residence is very open and near the city and there are other au pairs close by. There is also a good language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English if you wish to. In the area there is one pub full of young people, a shop/post office and a hall where people get together to have parties. There is also a bus stop outside our house with direct access into the city center.

You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or live out fully furnished , plus desk phone and computer system with internet.

We do not have any pets and we do not smoke.

We need an Au pair to start with us soon and stay until at least 6 months or more. We will need you to drive our second car if you can and we shall arrange some driving lessons for you when you arrive. You may use this car for taking the children to school, going to your English classes and for your private use.

Do tell us when you will be free to start up duties with us.And do send your Pictures for perusal and also your resume.

We are a fun young family looking for a kind hearted fun Au pair to mix in with our family.

Our family shall pay for all travel expenses such as visa and flight ticket so dont go to your embassy okay hence If you are interested and would consider being our Au pair please let me know as soon as you can so that I can make the necessary inquiries and get back to you.

Yours sincerely
Mr Wallace Bruce.
On Behalf Of The Family.
Advertisement

#48506 by Chris Fuller Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:06 am
The email address which this scammer gives for the UK Border Agency is fake. You can see the genuine email addresses for the UK Border Agency here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/

You will notice that the genuine UK Border Agency email addresses end with @ukba.gsi.gov.uk (and with no words or abbreviations after that).

from Bruce Walls <[email protected]>

Dear Au pair

How you are today and also hope all is fine so as me and my family out here in London and we are so happy for you being our Au pair.

After discussing your employment with my wife, we have decided that you match our requirements so please find the Contract Letter that is approved by the UK Border Office.

I received approval from the UK Home Office to employ you; I have attached the approved contract letter issued to me for your review. You need to sign the contract after going through it and send a scanned copy indicating your travel date (For Flight Booking which I shall pay for) , to the staff at UK Border Agency in charge of my application for the Certificate of Eligibility for their records and advice to us which address is below:

Home Office, UK Border Agency,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
United Kingdom.
Applications Fax: + 44 844 774 1190
Applications Email: [email protected]

Have a pleasant day and also hope to hear from you.

Regards
Mr. Wallace Bruce
On behalf Of The Family.

In the email from the fake UK Border Agency, the au pair is requested to prove that they have 'sufficient funds' by having a money transfer sent from a relative to themself. The genuine UK Border Agency will never request this. Please note: When proof of this transfer is sent to the scammer, he will be able to collect the money himself, using just the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number), regardless of who the transfer was actually made to.

from UK HOMES OFFICE <[email protected]>

Dear Applicant,

Your employer Mr. Wallace Bruce contacted our office and asks that we should treat your application with priority. Find below the necessary steps you will take to enable you obtain your Certificate of Eligibility.

(1) You are to fill properly the UK Visa Application Form and leave your sponsor's section blank for us to complete.

(2) A scanned copy of your passport.

The UK Border Agency is responsible for securing the United Kingdom borders and controlling immigration in the United Kingdom. We manage border control for the United Kingdom, enforcing immigration and customs regulations. We also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the United Kingdom, citizenship and asylum.

Disclaimer:
The UK Home Office wishes to authoritatively inform applicants seeking for immigration Status into the United Kingdom not to make any payments for processing of Work Permit, Visa and/or Expatriate Quota Approval. Approval for entry (Visa) into the United Kingdom is executed by the Nearest British Embassy or Consulate within the applicant’s country of residence or location after regulation and certification of the applicant by the UK Home Office as at the time of application.

The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry into the UK, by:

• Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entering the United Kingdom for Business or Pleasure throughout the duration of the validity of the Entry Visa.

• Ensuring that the applicant, has the minimum stipulated financial requirement to earn the needed points for Visa Approval, going by the new point-based system for immigration in 2011

• Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to Live, Work and carry out business activities in the United Kingdom legally.

The new points-based system (PBS) is the biggest shake up of the immigration system for 45 years. Under the new system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before they receive Certificate of Eligibility and permission to enter or remain in the United Kingdom. It will help British businesses recruit the skills it needs from abroad and assure the British public that only the skilled migrants will need to come to the United Kingdom. The role of employees/migrants with qualifying financial base is crucial to its success.

Before the issuance of Certificate of Eligibility to you for issuance of Visa by Local British Consulate, you are required to show proof that the stipulated financial requirement/applicant travel allowance as indicated above is available. The UK Home Office would ensure via this means that only eligible applicants who are financially capable are allowed entry into the United Kingdom.

CONFIRMATION/PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FUNDS

To meet the above requirement applicants are required to make a deposit of the stipulated financial requirement of £400GBP via any Western Union /Money Gram agent using the following format:

Senders Name: Should be name of your Wife or Spouse or Father or Mother (Anyone at your discretion that can stand in as your next of kin or Employer)

Receivers Name: Must be you the primary sponsor: ( Your Name )

Payout Country: United Kingdom

As soon as you come down here you can visit any Western Union /Money Gram agent and receive back your deposit, using the details.

Note: You must ensure that the senders name is the above as instructed and the receiver is you for security reasons and as the primary sponsor of your immigration into the United Kingdom.

Scan copy of the receipt of payment you made.

I hope to hear from you with the documents as mentioned above as soon as possible so that i can proceed with the processing of your Travel Documents for it to be ready at least 2 days before your travel date.

Yours Sincerely

Home Office , UK Border Agency,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
United Kingdom.

When a scammer has stolen money from somebody once, he usually then tries to steal some more:

from UK HOMES OFFICE <[email protected]>

Dear Applicant,

We would like to acknowledge confirmation of your Proof For Sufficient Funds. Please note that your employer has informed us to take your application as priority, hence we shall ensure that your receive appropriate Documents, Interview Reference and Prepaid Flight Tickets (other travel and entry papers inclusive on endorsement. Hence

It is necessary you do not tamper with the Deposit till final approval.

Please kindly confirm with us your working courier address to enable us courier your travel documents and supporting application effects on procurement.

Note : ENSURE THAT YOUR COURIER ADDRESS IS CORRECT, PREFERABLY
YOUR HOME ADDRESS TO FORESTALL LOSS OF DOCUMENTS IN TRANSIT.

Your Employer,Mr Wallace Bruce, has fulfilled Eligibility requirements as instructed by the UK Home Office and we would like to acknowledge receipt of your 5 Months Salary which shall be sent to you prior to your departure for the United Kingdom. The total amount, benefits inclusive is Five Thousand Great British Pounds (£5,000) and why this measures are been carried out is to ensure the Employer does not default when it comes to paying of Salary.

In line with the requirements of the UK Home Office and other relevant United Kingdom Government Agencies, and for speedy approval and endorsement of entry requirements by the aforementioned authorities, you are to open an account that would be domicilied here in the United Kingdom wherein we shall remit your 5 months Salary (£5,000) which is currently in our possession and in a floating account.

Our Office would open an account on your behalf that is domiciled here in the United Kingdom. Your salary shall also be remitted into the account to enable you withdraw from your current location in [the au pair's country] (If you wish) as your account that would be opened shall be routed to any account in [the au pair's country] which you shall specify to us.Sara Crossely is the Official Accountant of the UK Home Office and has been designated to undertake the process of securing your account here in United Kingdom. Your account shall be opened with a reputable bank here in the United Kingdom and within the vicinity of your place of residence and location of your Employer,Mr Wallace Bruce in, London.

A Minimum Opening Balance of Seven Hundred Great British Pounds (£700) is required to process the creation of your Bank Account.. On successful creation of your bank account, your salary (£5,000) shall be deposited into your bank account to reflect a total balance of Five Thousand Seven Hundred Great British Pounds (£5,700). You are also requested, while sending Minimum Opening Balance to send us Bank Details and account where you would like your UK Bank Account to be routed to so that you can withdraw from your current location, however you can also, at your discretion withdraw when you arrive. Your Banking Effects and other documents shall be couriered alongside your travel papers and this process can be completed within 24hrs of receipt of your Minimum Opening Balance, however this is dependent on your speedy response.

Visit a Western Union Money Transfer agent and inform them of your decision to make a Western Union Money Transfer, proceed to transfer your Minimum Opening Balance of £700 to our accountant, Sara Crossely; using the following steps:

Name of Sender:
Name of Receiver: Sara Crossely
Payout Location: London, United Kingdom.

Proceed to scan and send the receipt of transfer and 10 Digit MTCN to enable us fulfill your requirements and also transfer your three months salary as stipulated above You are requested to send us the following information as soon as possible viz:

· Scanned Copy of Western Union Money Transfer Receipt
· Date for departure (Your Employer informed us about scheduling your Open
Return Ticket over the next weekend however you need to give us a convenient date
· Confirmation of your Courier Address
· Bank Account where you would like your new UK Bank Account to be routed to.

All Entry Approval Documents, Prepaid Tickets, Bank Account Supporting documents would be couriered to the address you would provide via 1-day air hence ensure that courier address is correct. We hope to receive your speedy response soonest as you employer has informed that you are to arrive the United Kingdom by the next weekend

Yours Sincerely

Home Office , UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468 ,
Sheffield , S3 8WA
United Kingdom

This scammer who pretends to be Wallace Bruce and the fake UK Border Agency has also used the fake names Phillip Heskey and Allen Bent. You can read about that scam here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13662
#48507 by Chris Fuller Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:45 am
Here are just some of the photographs which this scammer sends out. These are not photographs of the scammer and his family and his house; they are photographs that he has downloaded from the internet and is pretending are his own.

Family and my kids

The family 2

Family reunion

Interior 2

Kitchen

Other kitchen with the washing machine

Me and my wife room

Your room

Other rooms 1

My own bathub

My kids bathub

Your own bathub