Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#366774 by swain velkoz Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:30 am
i am a filipino looking for a job anywhere and then someone emailed me saying that he is interested in hiring me his name is eric melody from london east flynche london N2 he has a daughter also named alma who is 3 yrs of age and my salary will be 300 pounds a week for 30hour shift/week all the instruction u mentioned is the same he will contact the uk immigartaion for my assistance he sent me also the email add where i will send my form [email protected] ...gere is our sample chat

Hello dear,

I have received your email. I have gone through your details and i want you to work with us with your experience. Alma does too. I really need you as soon as possible. I will forward all the necessary details of yours to the UK visas and immigration to commence in processing of your travel document.

Your main responsibility will be child care. Take Alma to school, bring her back and keep her company when we are away. You can use the time she is in school to attend language classes and so your thing and you also have weekends free.

What about your family? Are they supportive of your coming?

Kindly fil the question attached and submit to the UK immigration to enable them guide you on the steps to take [email protected]

Kind regards.
Advertisement

#366778 by AlanJones Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:36 am
It's a scam. Filipinos are not eligible to work in the UK as au pairs, so anyone claiming to be employing you in the UK is a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374580 by tabyro Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 pm
To all people looking for a job as an au pair, I'm from Costa Rica. I called to UK embassy at Costa Rica and they doesn't know about this paperwork.

I was contacted by Kyrian Carol with this e-mail:[email protected] & [email protected]

Hello Dear,

Thank for contacting us. We live in Bedford Road, East Finchley, London N2, United Kingdom and i have a child Alma and she is 3 and we speak only English.

I am a Accountant with Nuffield Health Care.My wife is undergoing dialysis that is the main reason I am looking for a caregiver to take care of Alma.

We will make arrangements for you to come through the UK Visas and immigration.

My Number is Viber +447498933927 and my Skype id is [email protected]

We are looking for someone to work at least 3 months to two yes. If you agree to work with us, we will pay you 400 pounds weekly and you will work for 30 hours weekly and you will have weekend free. You will have a live in or live out accommodation depending on your choice of preference. You can attend language school.

Your only duty will be to take care of Alma. Take her to school,bring her back, help her with her class works and make her happy. We already have a cook/cleaner so don't worry about that. You will have your own room and bathroom.

Do tell when you want to start and we will love to see your photos.

We will make contact the UK Visas and immigration and we start processing your travel documents through them.

Kind regards and Hope to hear from you soon.

He asked me to send all my information to this e-mail:[email protected]

Please be carefull accepting this job with him.
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#374581 by AlanJones Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 pm
It's a scam, there is no job. The scammer just wants to steal the fees from you.

If you are a Costa Rican national then you are not eligible to work in the UK as an au pair, as the visa is only given for specific nationalities.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374600 by AlanJones Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 am
He will ask you to send money to pay for a visa. There is no visa, he will just keep the money.

#376112 by AlanJones Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:38 pm
It is very unlikely that you will be able to get your money back.

Report the crime to your local police and if you paid by Western Union or Moneygram contact them to see if the money has been picked up and if not ask them to block the transfer.

#379993 by LuluP Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:24 am
I am Lulu from South Africa and I also received an email from Kyrian Carol offering aupair job in UK and send the same message as Eric's and he also sent me pictures of the family I will be hosting reason being the mother of the house is undergoing dyalisis and he needs help with Hilary(Alma) as soon as possible. Was support to fill the document he sent today and forward it to the immigration email he provided till I saw this. I would have been scammed too