Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#48558 by Chris Fuller Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. This is quite a common paragraph in scam mails:

Our residence is very open and near the city and There is also a good
language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English if you wish to.
In the area there is a shop/post office and a hall where people get together to have parties. There is also a bus stop outside our house with direct access into the city center.

You can see this paragraph used in other scam mails here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16180
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13662
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15527

Hello.

Attached to this mail is my family picture and i have to tell you a little about my family and your job description.
We are looking for a nanny to be a big sister or brother
to our child and to become another member of our family.

Once again my name is Mr Bryan Philip,and I am 40 years old, I run a private
consultancy firm as a Guidance Counselor managing stress related
issues for corporate clients. My spouse Tracy is thirty three years
old and works as a Nurse.

We live in Talbot street,Sheffield,UK and have two daughters
Anna who is about two years old and Stella who one year.

Anna likes to go to the parks once a week and we would like you to take her

We will require you to take care of them for about 35hrs a week. You
will have weekends free and we will pay you £400 per week which we will give to you every Friday.as your salary.

Our residence is very open and near the city and There is also a good
language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English if you wish to.
In the area there is a shop/post office and a hall where people get together to have parties. There is also a bus stop outside our house with direct access into the city center.

You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or
live out fully furnished , plus desk phone and computer system with
internet.

We do not have any pets and we do not smoke.

We need a nanny to start with us and stay until at least 6
months or more starting from May 2011.

We are a fun loving family looking for an honest and fun Au pair to
mix in with our family. Our family shall pay for all travel expenses
hence If you are honest and God fearing and would consider being our nanny.

please let me know as soon as you can so that I can make the necessary
inquiries and get back to you.

Note: send me your resume together with your picture which i will show my wife and
little kids if they like you then i will forward your resume to my
lawyer who will prepare the contract letter.

Warm Regards.

Mr Bryan Philip and family.
+447574901263

Advertisement

#49632 by Chris Fuller Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:48 am
Here are some more emails from this scammer. Both Bryan Philip and Barrister Kate Smith are fake.

Hello
Thanks for your reply.I have seen your experiences.I will inform the lawyer to write you and send you a copy of the contract agreement and the travel requirments.
Hope to meet you soon.

Warm regards.
Philip and family

Hello.

I have sent your details to the lawyer and she will contact you before 2 working days.

Warm regard
philip and family

Hello

See attachments.

Yours
Barrister Kate Smith

One of the attachments reads:

Mr and Mrs Philip Bryan
18 Warren Ave
Sutton, Greater London SM27QL, United Kingdom
xx/02/2011

Position Reference: Nanny

Soft copy of official letter of Appointment

Dear: xxxxx xxxxx,

LETTER OF OFFER

We would like to offer you the position of Nanny to our family for a period of …… Months. The terms and conditions of the job are as follows:

Hours

You will be required to work for approximately 35 hours per a week. Every weekend, will be spent with the family or anywhere as you would have the weekend off.

Accommodations

You will have a live in accommodation with a private bedroom and bathroom. Your room is furnished with a television set, an internet connected Pc and a radio set. We ask that your room should be kept tidy all time and friends that intend to stay over should do so with our permission. If we go out as a family, you will be invited to come with us (at our expense) should you so choose.

Duties and Responsibilities

Your main duty is to take care of the kids. You will be required to get them ready for the day. Take them to school and take care of the house.

Salary

You will be paid an amount of 400 GBP (four hundred pounds) weekly. Additional hours will be paid at the rate we will agree between ourselves form time to time.

Discipline

Reasons which could give rise to disciplinary measures are as follows:

Causing a disruptive influence in the household.

Job incompetence.

Conduct during or after working hour prejudicial to our interests.

Failure to comply with our reasonable instructions or procedures.

In the event of a need for disciplinary action, the procedures will be:

First - A verbal warning

Second - A written warning

Third - Dismissal without need for further notice. Reasons which would give rise to summary dismissal are:

Theft or other dishonest offence.

Drunkenness

Illegal drug taking

Child abuse or neglect

Vacation

You will have a three weeks paid vacation after a four months work. Vacation must be negotiated however, in advance.

We are looking forward to having you with us and am sure that our association will a long and happy one.

Please scan and sign a copy of this letter and forward to me for reference. You are also advised to keep a copy of this for your record.

Yours Faithfully

Mr and Mrs Philip Bryan

I have read and accepted the above terms and conditions

Full name

……………………………………………

Signature

……………………………………………

Date

……………………………………………

The other attachment reads:

Hello,

I am Barrister Kate Smith from Smiths chambers London, United Kingdom. I hereby represent my client Mr and Mrs. Bryan Philip of 18 Talbot street Sheffield United Kingdom.

I received your resume with respect to a job offer by Mr and Mrs Bryan's family. It's my duty to enlighten you with the details of international job agreements in the United Kingdom.

Employees are required to read and attest to the contract agreement as presented by the legal practitioner. This offer/contract form will be attached to the mail.

An international employee is required to fulfil the necessary responsibilities required by the international law and should also be law abiding citizen.

The contract/offer letter will state clearly the salary/wages of the employee. This wages have been calculated after deducting the VAT and this means that the amount stated in the contract/offer letter remains the amount to be received by the employee as at when stated.

However, The United Kingdom has mandated the legal practitioners who is handling international job offers to make the employees travel preparations using the accredited travel agencies. These requirements includes,

* Processing and purchasing of travel tickets (Return Ticket) this depends on countries.

* Payment of Value added Tax (VAT) on behalf of the employee and employer = £130

* Preparation of travel papers (TP). TP applies to an employee that has no passports = £110

* Legal fee = £120

However, in your case, I believe you will need to come up with these in other to facilitate your travel into the United Kingdom.

Travel ticket (return ticket) £180

VAT = £130

Legal fee £120

Total amount to come up with for the travel preparation is £430. Let me know when this amount will be realized, as the preparation starts as soon as I verify your payments.

Best Regards

Kate Smith (Barrister)
#49686 by Dotti Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:49 am
Welcome krolikja!

I'm glad you avoided being scammed. Just drop him. Tell him you are no longer interested, or simply stop responding at all.

Because he has your CV, you may receive more scams that are specifically targeted at you, but if you haven't given anything beyond a CV, there is not much else he can do with your information.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.