Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#48561 by Chris Fuller Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:39 am
This is a scam. The au pair position does not exist, and Holmes Travels is fake. There is a genuine Holmes Travel Ltd, but this scam mail has not been sent by them. The genuine Holmes Travel Agency's email address ends with @holmestravel.co.uk and the agency actually arranges holidays and business travel for British people. They do not arrange visas for au pairs or other people who are travelling to the UK.

Hello,
Thank you for your application and i am sorry for violating the website by displaying my e-mail illegally, I did so because we need aupair immediately as a mother's assistant for our year old boy, but i have few questions for you as my interviews:

1. Are you currently working with a family ?
2. How old are you and have you worked as an aupair before?
3. Can i see your recent CV/Resume if available?
4. Have you worked in England before ?

I am asking because it's good to know more about you and wishing to have you here soon as part of our family.
Thank you again,
Jason.

Could you finance yourself here? I know i'll be asked to sponsor you here as you agreed to be part of my family but i have some heavy bills to pay on my family insurance, though i'll be providing your £250 weekly salaries, food and accommodation, I advise you register with a travelling company that offers financial assistance to foreign nannies on salary deductions.

Aupairs pay £30 registration/form fee and the agency will prepare the legal contract letters, visas arrangements and permits with flight ticket bookings. If that's good for you contact them for inquiries and requirements or do as you wish.
{[email protected]}
Jason.

Holmes Travels Ltd.
62 Winson Green Road Birmingham, London B18 4AS.

Dear Aupair,
Welcome to Holmes Travels Limited, Please note that we are not aupair agency but visa agents and also assist foreign nannies financially to England by salary deductions, the arrangement of visa documents and permits takes 5 working days and flight bookings follows after your visa is ready. Total charges is £1,100 and to be deducted by £100 monthly from your salaries for 11 months when you start working providing the following requirements:

1. An Identification card or scanned passport.
2. Postal Address where visa documents and flight tickets will be posted.
3. Age.
4. Gender
5. Valid Contact number
6. Your £30 registration fee.
The processing commences once above listed requirements are provided.

The Holmes Travels Ltd.

-------
Holmes Travels Ltd.
62 Winson Green Road Birmingham, London B18 4AS.
Advertisement

#49040 by diamondgirl Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 pm
I came here cause this jason cameron 13 is posing as a lawyer for an old lady and got an account number from me. Imagine my surpise when i find this page and the pics that are supposed to "Jason" are actually a good friend of mine holding his gradson right before he died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what cab we do
#49056 by Bubbles Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:03 am
We are glad that you found us. I am sorry that scammers have stolen the pictures of your friend and used them to scam others. This is the reason we deface the pictures with words indicating that the pictures were used by a scammer. We know that the person in the picture is not the scammer.

You ask what can be done. The best thing to do is expose the scammers and educate people about scammer tactics.

Regarding your bank account number, contact your bank and let them advise you. Scammers use bank information in various ways.

Thank you for giving us a little history on the person who's picture was used. It is disgusting what scammers do to the name or image of good people.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#49083 by diamondgirl Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 am
I also would like to share that this person was posing as a Dorcas Milner on facebook, and I accepted her friend request as she was a friend of a friend. Said she was a retired nurse. She offered, after several months, to help with a situation I am in. Hard to believe they make up personas and just sit and wait! I started contacting "her" friend list and no one knew her personally and she had tried to get several account numbers to "loan" money. I was the only one stupid enough to give out one.
The baby in the picture was shaken by his father as was my granddaughter. That is how his grandfather and I met. We both are committed to preventing shaken baby syndrome. I have let him know about this . Not sure what he can do but how dispicable, even for a scammer to use a picture of a dead child.
#49121 by diamondgirl Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 pm
So I have doing a little research. I sent messages to all of "Dorcas Milner"s friends. One is named Jason Johnson (Jason Cameron?) he shares the same dob as dorcas! and similiar educational background AND he has been on aupair sites. Sure this Jason Johnson on facebook is one and the same as Dorcas Milner and Jason Cameron. Is there anything we can do???????????
#49125 by Bubbles Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:24 am
It is best NOT to use any information that is related to your real life when dealing with scammers / criminals.

If you are like most people on FB, you have way too much personal information available and the scammer(s) will be happy to use your information also to scam other people.

The first thing to do is be safe! :!:

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#49240 by diamondgirl Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 am
So I am guessing you all will tell me "NO DONT DO IT!" but I am so tempted to harass this person. I am really angry, mostly about her (I believe it is a female by the way she writes) using photos of my friends dead grandchild. She has removed her email address [email protected] off of the dorcas milner page, but as you can see I have it. Also have the [email protected]. Really want to give them a dose of their own medicine. I will wait though, until I hear from you guys. I am guessing I just really need to take siome deep breaths and let this go.........Not much fun that way!
#49242 by Dotti Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 am
Odds are much higher that the person (or people--some scammers work in groups) is a male. The emails you see here and the loan scam messages you received from the facebook friend are scripts - prewritten emails the scammer uses again and again. The scammer may or may not have been the person who wrote them. Chances are, the scammer was pretty much always on script with you, so you never saw their real writing.

And you are right in thinking we will tell you not to harass them. Harassing the scammer is not going to get them caught. If they don't want to read them, they can simply delete your emails. Nothing you say or do is going to make the scammer feel guilty, as these scammers have no conscience and absolutely no empathy. And ultimately it's not going to affect them personally, as they were hiding behind fake names and information--they can simply create new fake names and move on in a matter of minutes.

But the scammers do have your personal information--which means they can retaliate by harassing your friends and family, posting negative things about you online, or even using your information in the next scam--and you can't just change names and walk away, because it is your real life. You have nothing to gain, and something to lose by harassing them.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.