Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#48725 by Chris Fuller Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:10 pm
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity, it is a scam. The scammer, possibly via another fake person, company, or government department (lawyer, travel agency, embassy, UK Border Agency), will request money for a visa, work permit, flight tickets, or other 'necessary travel/employment documents'. This money will then be stolen from you. The scammer will not obtain any documents for anyone; and does not really have an au pair position to offer.

Hello,

I am going through Au-pair/nanny search when i came across your profile, We are a cheerful, friendly family in London UK. i have one happy and affectionate kid, I will like you to know that I have just 1 kid which her name is Rita, and her age is 4 years old. Due to the nature of my work and the unexpected Dead of her Mother I want you as an Au pair nanny for her because I hardly have time for my lovely baby which actually prompted the idea of securing an Au Pair/Nanny to help me look after her,. So after scrolling through your profile at easy aupir, both myself and my baby consider you worthy of the job vacancy in our Home. Rita likes playing with trains,drawing,playing on the computer and garden swing, and riding his bike.and also wants to be a scientist when he grows up, and enjoys playing with Lego, art, reading comics, riding around on his scooter and playing with his new Nintendo Wii. We live in a very large modern family.
, Nr Farmhand, Surrey GU10 5EE

Home Address:
45 Tunstall Road,
London SW9 8BZ
United Kingdom.

Description of tasks:

I am looking for someone to get her ready in the morning,prepare and clear up the family's breakfast at about 7.30am, make the beds, and take her to school, which is about a 1.5km walk away. The Au pair would then need to pick her up at 3.00 and look after them until i get back home. i might ask the Au pair to babysit 1-2 evenings a week. We have a really great cleaner, so there wouldn't be any heavy housework. There's a bit of light cleaning and laundry which would take about 90minutes a day in total. There would be plenty of time free in the day to go to language school if you wish to attend, and there are a lot of good ones in the area.

Living arrangements:

The Au pair would have them own room, which is huge, and has a double bed, with sitting area and
TV/DVD/Video/ Hifi. There is wireless broadband internet in the house.. You can even use one of our cars all weekend! Also 2 weeks are paid holiday during Christmas/New Year plus another 2 weeks during the year.We are looking for someone with a good sense of hum our.If you love children and could help us provide a loving environment combining routine and fun for my kid then we would like to welcome you to our family as a friend and a big sister to my kid.Housework is not an important part of the Au pair job, being part of our family and helping my Rita develop and learn is the main thing. We are really flexible.

Working hours:

07.30 to 09.00 and 1500 to 1900 Plus about 60-90 minutes of housework aday to fit in with the Au pair's schedule. Some Friday afternoons off.Total 25-30 hours a week

Benefits :

We will be paying you 1500 pounds for every Month. A pocket money of 400 pounds per week as your pocket money. And you will also be having your own car if you can drive.

Other information:
The Au pair would be part of the family, and we certainly don't expect a servant! We have had lots of Au pairs in the past,and we are used to helping people get to know the area and make friends.

Warm Regards
Dr Daniel Joseph.

Scammers often send the same or similar introductory email. Here are some more examples of the one above:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16164
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16163
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16302

Here are some stolen photographs sent by this scammer:

If you are looking for an au pair position in the UK, please contact the British Embassy in your own country to check UK entry requirements. You can find the genuine British Embassy website by Google searching 'British Embassy' and the name of your country. Note that a genuine British Embassy email address will always end with @fco.gov.uk (and with no words or abbreviations after that).

Do not send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential employer. If you wish to consult the UK Border Agency, do not use an email address or website address given to you by your potential employer, but go to the genuine website here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

If you require any guidance with travel arrangements, please contact a travel agency in your own town, which you can visit in person.
Advertisement