Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#49065 by Chris Fuller Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:15 am
This is a scam. The au pair position does not exist, and Palmer Agencies is fake and will not process any documents for anyone.

Please note that Au Pair in America is a genuine company, and one of the USA Government designated sponsor agencies permitted to arrange au pair placements in the USA. The fake Palmer Agencies, however, has no connection to Au Pair in America.

Goodday Aupair,
Thank you for applying, I'm 52 year old single widow seeking immediate aupair as my home assistant for errands and housewroks and no childcare please! i hope this is not a problem for you. I'll offer private room and feedings with $500 weekly salaries for aupair. As you wish to be my aupair, do i know few things about you,

1. Are you currently with family?
2. Do you smoke and drink?
3. Do you have any criminal record?
4. Have you worked in U.S.A before with valid visa or you still need help for that?
Thank you again.
Mrs. Helen.

An identical email to the one above has also been sent by the scammer calling themself Joyce Peterson; you can see this here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16833

I can't sponsor you to america though even on salary deductions, though i'll be providing your $500 weekly salaries when you arrive, But I got a contact of an agency through the aupairinamerica.com, they offer financial assistance to aupairs on salary deductions to process aupair visas and permits with flight tickets. Aupair pays $55 registration fee and they will help to process the legal travel documents to get the American with flight bookings.
You can contact them for inquires and help if that's good for you, [email protected]
Helen Drake.

Palmer Travel Agencies Ltd.
402 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095.

Dear Aupair,
Welcome to Palmer Travel Agencies, As an international aupair seeking visa and travel documents helps, All you need is an (Employment Based Visa) which costs $720 as listed on the U.S State Government web: travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html
If you can't provide the $720 visa fee, the agency will pay for you and book your airfare when your visa is ready and the charges will be deducted from your salaries within your first 10 months of working.
The basic requirements are,
1. Any identification card or scanned passport.
2. Postal Address where visa documents and flight tickets will be posted.
3. Age.
4. Gender
5. Valid Contact number
6. Your $55 registration fee.
7. Also ask your host to send or fax to us a recent bank account statement for the loan approval.
The visa processing commences once above listed requirements are provided and please allow two weeks for the readiness of your visa documents and permits.

----------
Palmer Travels Agencies Ltd.
402 Hilgard Avenue,Los Angeles,CA 90095.

You can see a similar scam to this by scrolling down to the second and third emails (just below the photographs) here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16625
Advertisement