Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#49163 by Chris Fuller Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:28 am
This is not a genuine childcare opportunity; it is a scam. The scammer, via his fake travel agency, will request money for a visa, work permit, flight tickets, or other 'necessary travel/employment documents'. This money will then be stolen from you. The scammer will not obtain any documents for anyone; and does not really have an au pair position to offer.

If you are looking for an au pair or nanny position in the UK, please contact the British Embassy in your own country to check UK entry requirements. You can find the genuine British Embassy website by Google searching 'British Embassy' and the name of your country. Note that a genuine British Embassy email address will always end with @fco.gov.uk (and with no words or abbreviations after that).

Do not send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential host family or employer. If you wish to consult the UK Border Agency, do not use an email address or website address given to you by your potential employer, but go to the genuine website here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

If you require any guidance with travel arrangements, please contact a travel agency in your own town, which you can visit in person.

Subject: Read This And Get BAck To Me

Hello,

Permit me to Introduce myself, i am Shawn Palma, a widower for Four years. i relocated from the united state to uk some years back, Sorry for sending you this email, why i registered here on to search for a Woman to serve as My beautiful Kids Nanny/Baby Sitter. My former nanny was Asian and she served us well but she had to leave after completion of her contract and get settled with her Hubby.

I reside in London, UK with my two beautiful daughter"s of ages 6 and 8years and am seeking for the services of an Nanny to come and work for me in the U. K. Their mom is Late and its such an heavy task taking care of the kids alone besides i would be traveling for a project soon. I am willing to offer Eight Hundred and Fifty pounds sterling per week (850)for and will provide monthly shopping allowances as well as accommodation. If interested do reply to me [email protected] now and i would send you more details of the job and also my family picture .Just reply to my personal yahoo email if you are interested and i will get back to you because i am not always here in the site ok.

Note: Applicant must have already a valid international passport,and if interest please do not reply here cause am not always here,I give my email id above i want you to reply there ok.

Thanks.
Shawn

Subject: Read and understand your job details and requirement

Hello

How are you? Thanks for the reply to my job offer and the interest in my family.I would like to see your Curriculum Vitae (CV)and also your scanned passport copy.Truly i need a foreign Nanny,i know that there are a lot of Nannies in the UK here but its just that i need a Nanny from outside,that is caring,loving,motherly carefree and well determined,that can take good care of my kids for me but with the recommendation from you and that is the more reason I may need your services,hopefully you will be my kid's Nanny and do according to your words.

I reside in Lambert,London and do not get worried about any documents(work Permit and Visa),a travel agency here in the UK will handle that for you as per your visa just scan&send the copy of your international passport and CV through email to them,they will apply for visa on your behalf in the UK Home Office and when the visa is ready the UK Embassy in your country will call on you so that they can endorse the visa on your original passport.If you have any other traveling agency you could also use that.

I love my kids so much and would not toy with them..They are the apple of my eyes.I work because of them and am willing to pay any amount to give them the best in the world.You would be needing to settle the Visa Procurement yourself because i paid for 2 Nannies in the past few months which they did not turn up but went somewhere else after their visa was approved and that is why i vowed that any Nanny that i will employ will make half of expenses by himself/herself.Hope you understand how i mean.I need a very serious person and the job is available right now.Also,i use to have a Nanny and she spent 2 years with us,but she got married and relocated to the United states,so i need a replacement ASAP...

Your duties are as follows:

1-Supervise breakfast with the children in the morning and get them off to school (Collect my 2KIDS of ages 8yrs and 6yrs old from school at 3.40pm.)
2-Some Housework/washing/ironing as required on a daily basis
3-Supervise homework, music practice and fun activities or take children to after school activities.
4-Prepare and cook an evening meal for everyone at about 6.30-6.45 Up to two evenings child minding per week.
5-Weekends and Bank holidays would be free that there will not be much duties to carry out.
6-Occasional weekend work would be offered by prior negotiation. I normally leave for
work at 7.00am and get back at around 6.30pm although some flexibility is useful.

I am offering a live-in position with full board (we eat well in this house!)
1-Separate Toilet and Bathroom.
2-TV,different types of video machines.
3-Personal computer already Internet on. e...t.c for you and i will make sure everything goes on well with you, with my kids.

Don't worry about the United Kingdom,it's a nice place to stay and i hope you will enjoy staying here with my family and you will have the access to internet, In fact i have a personal PC at home for myself but my kids usually play games on their own PC, i will get you a computer to start using for your own use...All expenses made by you will be refunded immediately you get here if you can make the process to come here withour my involvement.If you would be using the travel agency i would be recommending my traveling agent to you that helped my former nanny then we will both be responsible to should half of the required expenses for your application and surely i will get a refund back to you with whatever you contribute upon your arrival/Salary deduction is not accepted because i told you i will make a refund upon your arrival i just need someone really serious for this and show commitment.

Do get back to me as soon as possible with your resume and passport copy and i will make a decision about your application and we take it from there.

Regards
Shawn
Advertisement