Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#49219 by Chris Fuller Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:00 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. Both the host family and the attorney are fake.

This scammer has previously pretended to be called Molly Mackenzie, and identical photographs are used for his fake 'Thomas Cannon' profile at EasyAuPair to the ones used by the scammer calling himself Eric Lloyd.

Click here to read about Molly Mackenzie
Click here to read about Eric Lloyd

How are you doing today and thanks so much for responding in time because i was really happy to find a good au pair like you so I seriously appreciate your rapid reply knowing you are willing and ready to be part of my family. I really need you to come over here to assist me take proper care of my wonderful Angels since I hardly have the time to take care of them.

You have nothing to worry about you will be treated like one of the family and you will have 5 days to work in a week and 2 days as your off days that is to be Saturdays and Sundays. You will have the opportunity to do what ever you want to for you own good on weekends but provided they are worth doing.

However as regards arrangements, my family will be willing to cater for your all round flight/fare expenses, Airport pick up and provide you with a conducive private live in accommodation in our home and feeding as well for the duration of time spent with us.
But am afraid you will have to be responsible for handling the Attorney binding fee for your legal Contract agreement letter which should be legally certified and endorsed over at the UK home office since you will be working here with us as Domestic worker/Au pair.

About me and my Family.

I am a very hard working,busy,honest and kind.
I am needing a Nanny because i work full time and i need someone who can take good care of my kids.

About My Kids.
1)My kids are energetic kids and they enjoy much time around me and their friends so i am sure you will make a good partner with them.
2)What are their favorite games and toys? * Video Games
Dinosaurs, books,Movies and teddy bears.
3)? * Top
School. School is a 95 meter walk or bicycle
4)How they go to school, by Bus! Your gonna be supposed to
take them to school by Walk? You can have a car here if you
can drive.
5)What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch) *
Breakfast, wheat bran or Oatmeal. NO SUGAR!!! They have sandwich for lunch.

About our Home.
Our town is a big city and has a really huge some of people living in it.
2)Our house is 6 bedrooms and has 4 bathrooms one room for you and a bathroom.
I already discussed about you with my little Angels, they seem to like you despite the fact that they are yet to neither see nor talk with you, and also we will like to know more about you too. My little girl said i should buy her flower she will present to you on your arrival to our family. Hope you like flowers?

Note: You are required to contact the British Home attorney, he will issue you a contract letter to enable you go through the terms and conditions of the Job. Please dont forget to send your mobile number on your next e-mail. Contact him via e-mail.... ([email protected] ).

Please do get back to me as soon as you read my e-mail.

Regards....Thomas
For the family.
Advertisement

#49394 by nereway Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:57 am
Hello,
First of all, thank you very much. I have the same email. Thanks for your post. Becouse of it I haven´t sent him any money. I am really grateful.

He wanted me to send him 250€.

This is the email Thomas Cannon sent me:(its the same)

How are you doing today and thanks so much for responding in time because i was really happy to find a good au pair like you so I seriously appreciate your rapid reply knowing you are willing and ready to be part of my family. I really need you to come over here to assist me take proper care of my wonderful Angels since I hardly have the time to take care of them.

You have nothing to worry about you will be treated like one of the family and you will have 5 days to work in a week and 2 days as your off days that is to be Saturdays and Sundays. You will have the opportunity to do what ever you want to for you own good on weekends but provided they are worth doing.

However as regards arrangements, my family will be willing to cater for your all round flight/fare expenses, Airport pick up and provide you with a conducive private live in accommodation in our home and feeding as well for the duration of time spent with us.
But am afraid you will have to be responsible for handling the Attorney binding fee for your legal Contract agreement letter which should be legally certified and endorsed over at the UK home office since you will be working here with us as Domestic worker/Au pair.

About me and my Family.

I am a very hard working,busy,honest and kind.
I am needing a Nanny because i work full time and i need someone who can take good care of my kids.

About My Kids.
1)My kids are energetic kids and they enjoy much time around me and their friends so i am sure you will make a good partner with them.
2)What are their favorite games and toys? * Video Games
Dinosaurs, books,Movies and teddy bears.
3)? * Top
School. School is a 95 meter walk or bicycle
4)How they go to school, by Bus! Your gonna be supposed to
take them to school by Walk? You can have a car here if you
can drive.
5)What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch) *
Breakfast, wheat bran or Oatmeal. NO SUGAR!!! They have sandwich for lunch.

About our Home.
Our town is a big city and has a really huge some of people living in it.
2)Our house is 6 bedrooms and has 4 bathrooms one room for you and a bathroom.
I already discussed about you with my little Angels, they seem to like you despite the fact that they are yet to neither see nor talk with you, and also we will like to know more about you too. My little girl said i should buy her flower she will present to you on your arrival to our family. Hope you like flowers?

Note: You are required to contact the British Home attorney, he will issue you a contract letter to enable you go through the terms and conditions of the Job. Please dont forget to send your mobile number on your next e-mail. Contact him via e-mail.... ( [email protected] ).

Please do get back to me as soon as you read my e-mail.
#49409 by GomerPyle Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 pm
It might not be obvious, even to an English person, who isn't aware of scams, but the spelling, grammar and social references are all wrong for someone in the UK.

I particularly enjoy the suggestion in the mail that they are fussy about healthy eating and then state they supply sandwiches for the children's lunch. :lol: perhaps that's why they have to catch a bus to go 100 metres to school because they're too fat to walk. :D

.... and scammers always have to tell you this

I am a very hard working,busy, honest and kind.

.... because they know that they are lying thieving vermin.

If you look for an au pair job from the internet all you're likely to receive is offers from scammers. It's much better, and safer, to find an agency in your own country that you can visit and who will lead you through the process and recommend training and qualifications. People who can afford to hire a nanny in the West aren't going to offer a job to an unknown and unqualified stranger.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer