Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#49451 by Chris Fuller Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. The scammer, possibly via another fake person, company, or government department (lawyer, travel agency, embassy, Border Agency), will request money for a visa, work permit, flight tickets, or other 'necessary travel/employment documents'. This money will then be stolen from you. The scammer will not obtain any documents for anyone; and does not really have an au pair position to offer.

Dear Au pair

Hello My name is Mr. Oliver Nolan,we are an easygoing couple with a happy, fun, and healthy kid and will have 2 small children and an Infant. It will mostly be helping my wife with the kids,We need an Au pair or Nanny to take care of our kids and also for mild house keeping such as 1.Care for & stimulate the child both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical & social development. 2.Find out about activities in the local area. Ensure that the child/children get regular fresh air & exercise. 3.Plan & undertake activities on a one to one basis & with children. Develop speech, reading, numbers, letters, colours, social & practical skills. 4.Organize & prepare a healthy, varied & well balanced diet of home cooked food. Eat with the child & supervise meal times, encouraging proper use of cutlery, & behavior. 5.Look after child's physical well being - wash & bath them daily, help them to dress & undress, cut nails weekly, ensure hair is cut regularly, & that shoes get refitted regularly. 6.Look after all the child clothes. This includes all washing ; ironing by the weekend, shoes regularly cleaned, clothes & soft toys mended; Put aside clothes that no longer fit. 7.Keep child's room clean & tidy

We are looking for someone who likes to do their own thing and doesn't have a problem staying home, although there is a car here for you. mark and cathy my kids are so much fun and their age is adorable! You will have the chance to really impact his life since he is so impressionable now.

And will be paid 200GBP weekly and also all Travel expenses shall be borne by us and we shall also provide fully furnished live in or live out accommodation.

Please write soon with updated credentials and resume for discuss. i will pay for all travel expenses for no problem so don't worry. I hope you can start this month and also if you have contacted any family let me know and what there interest in you look like,am a principle and straight someone and will appreciate one who is faithful and truthful.

Regards.

Mr. Oliver Nolan.
On Behalf Of The Family.
Advertisement

#49455 by Polarbear Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:45 am
omg :( thanks for this warning, I talked to this Oliver Nolan for almost 3 days, i register in AUpair site and that guy send a mail to me saying he want me to work with his family etc .. omg thanks so much, :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dear Au pair,

We have decided to find an Au pair because we need help looking after our child. We are looking for an Au pair to be a big sister or brother to our child and to become another member of our family.

My name is Mr.Oliver Nolan a Civil Engineer and I am 40 years old and my spouse Mary is thirty three years old and works as a Nurse.

We live in a three bedroom house in 20 Woodcote Avenue, London NW7 2PG United Kingdom and have two kids, Donald is 4 and my daughter is 5 years old and they are lovely kids.

My kid likes to go to the parks so as my daughter once a week and we would like you to take him.

We will require you to take care of our kids for about 30hrs a week. You will have weekends free and we will pay you £200 per week pocket money which we will give to you every Friday.

Our residence is very open and near the city and there are other au pairs close by. There is also a good language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English if you wish to. In the area there is one pub full of young people, a shop/post office and a hall where people get together to have parties. There is also a bus stop outside our house with direct access into the city center.

You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or live out fully furnished, plus desk phone and computer system with internet and also you starting early June that would be a problem to us at it is OK with me and my wife

We do not have any pets and we do not smoke.

We need an Au pair to start with us soon and stay until at least 6 months or more. We will need you to drive our second car if you can and we shall arrange some driving lessons for you when you arrive. You may use this car for taking the children to school, going to your English classes and for your private use.

Do send us your Resume and also a copy of your picture.

We are a fun young family looking for a kind hearted fun Au pair to mix in with our family.

Our family shall pay for all travel expenses such as visa and Flight Ticket, hence If you are interested and would consider being our Au pair please let me know as soon as you can so that I can make the necessary inquiries and get back to you.

Yours sincerely
Mr. Oliver Nolan.
On Behalf Of The Family.
#49458 by David Jansen Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:56 am
Welcome here Polarbear.

Thanks for posting this email. They usually have pre written scripts that they send to their victims.
I am glad that you got warned before sending money.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#49826 by David Jansen Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 am
And here are the emails from the fake border agency:
To:
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 7:00:59 AM
Subject: Travel Requirement to London, England, UK(Get back to me Soon)

Dear Applicant,

Your employer Mr. Oliver Nolan contacted our office and asks that we should treat your application with priority. Find below the necessary steps you will take to enable you obtain your Certificate of Eligibility.

(1) You are to fill properly the UK Visa Application Form and leave your sponsor's section blank for us to complete.

(2) A scanned copy of your passport.

The UK Border Agency is responsible for securing the United Kingdom borders and controlling immigration in the United Kingdom. We manage border control for the United Kingdom, enforcing immigration and customs regulations. We also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the United Kingdom, citizenship and asylum.

Disclaimer:
The UK Home Office wishes to authoritatively inform applicants seeking for immigration Status into the United Kingdom not to make any payments for processing of Work Permit, Visa and/or Expatriate Quota Approval. Approval for entry (Visa) into the United Kingdom is executed by the Nearest British Embassy or Consulate within the applicant’s country of residence or location after regulation and certification of the applicant by the UK Home Office as at the time of application.

The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry into the UK, by:

• Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entering the United Kingdom for Business or Pleasure throughout the duration of the validity of the Entry Visa.

• Ensuring that the applicant, has the minimum stipulated financial requirement to earn the needed points for Visa Approval, going by the new point-based system for immigration in 2011

• Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to Live, Work and carry out business activities in the United Kingdom legally.

The new points-based system (PBS) is the biggest shake up of the immigration system for 45 years. Under the new system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before they receive Certificate of Eligibility and permission to enter or remain in the United Kingdom. It will help British businesses recruit the skills it needs from abroad and assure the British public that only the skilled migrants will need to come to the United Kingdom. The role of employees/migrants with qualifying financial base is crucial to its success.

Before the issuance of Certificate of Eligibility to you for issuance of Visa by Local British Consulate, you are required to show proof that the stipulated financial requirement/applicant travel allowance as indicated above is available. The UK Home Office would ensure via this means that only eligible applicants who are financially capable are allowed entry into the United Kingdom.

CONFIRMATION/PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FUNDS

To meet the above requirement applicants are required to make a deposit of the stipulated financial requirement of £450GBP via any Western Union /Money Gram agent using the following format:

Senders Name: Should be name of your Wife or Spouse or Father or Mother (Anyone at your discretion that can stand in as your next of kin or Employer)

Receivers Name: Must be you the primary sponsor: ( Your Name )

Payout Country: United Kingdom

As soon as you come down here you can visit any Western Union /Money Gram agent and receive back your deposit, using the details.

Note: You must ensure that the senders name is the above as instructed and the receiver is you for security reasons and as the primary sponsor of your immigration into the United Kingdom.

Scan copy of the receipt of payment you made.

I hope to hear from you with the documents as mentioned above as soon as possible so that i can proceed with the processing of your Travel Documents for it to be ready at least 2 days before your travel date.

Yours Sincerely

Home Office , UK Border Agency,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
United Kingdom.

Dear Applicant.

We are very happy to handle your documentation and necessary Logistic such as your Flight Ticket, Visa, Work Permit etc for your arrival to the United Kingdom but before it is been processed, you are to show or make the deposit which was specified in your previos email know as CONFIRMATION/PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FUNDS, this fund serves as fund you will to make to show us that you can take good care of your self before you get your First Salary and if that is been provided to us as soon as you arrive Uk, you can have the money picked at any outlet which we specify in the first email we sent to you, please read the content

Your Application will be on pending till the deposit is been made and if they are made.

Hope to hear from you.

Yours Sincerely
Home Office , UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468 ,
Sheffield , S3 8WA
United Kingdom.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.