Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#49581 by Chris Fuller Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:12 pm
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity, it is a scam. The scammer is not really writing from the UK; the emails were sent from Nigeria, as proven by the IP addresses, eg 41.155.83.66 - Lagos, Nigeria. The travel agency is fake, and will not obtain any documents for anyone.

Subject: I was adviced to contact you by the Au pair site

Hello Dear
How are you doing today? I am Mrs. Olivia Charlton by name my husband passed on about a year ago but not to worry am over it now, i miss my husband so much, i was advised to contact you by an Au pair site to babysit my son, because of my job i am always very busy so if you are interested kindly write me back as soon as you get this mail and we shall further discuss about your benefits and how you can get down here.

Till then have a pleasant day and i look forward to reading your mail soon.

Regards.
Olivia Charlton

Hello,
How are you doing today? i am from Manchester United Kingdom but i currently live in London and my son's name is Alexander, i work with a financial institution i would be paying 1,200GBP Monthly and a weekly allowance of 80GBP, you would be given a room fully furnished with its own toilet and bathroom, you would also have the opportunity to attend a language school, i am attaching my picture and that of my son to this mail, i would love to see some of your pictures too, and get back to me so we can discuss about your documents and how you want to get here because i need you here as soon as possible.

Regards
Olivia Charlton

Thanks for your mail and thanks for accepting to be my son's aupair my son is 8months old, I want you to start with the processing of your travel documents immediately contact Holiday View Travel([email protected]) and they would assist you with the processing of your travel documents and mind you i would be needing your services for 1year and 6months, so kindly get back to me and let me know your intentions because time waits for no one and make sure you keep me posted on your contact with the travel agency, below is my residential address detail.

address: Flat 41, Westminster Mansions Great Smith St, London SW1P 3BP, UK

I await your mail.

Regards..
Mrs Olivia Charlton

The following email was not sent from the Holiday View Travel website mentioned in the email, which has email addresses ending with @holidayviewtravel.co.uk and a telephone number beginning +44 20.

The scammer is using a free Hotmail account, and a telephone number which beginss +44 70. Telephone numbers which begin +44 70 are not normal UK telephone numbers, but 'redirect' numbers which redirect all calls to a mobile phone almost anywhere in the world. In this instance, it will redirect all calls to the scammer's mobile phone in Nigeria.

The following email was also sent from Nigeria, IP address 82.128.39.46 - Lagos, Nigeria, probably sent by exactly the same scammer who sent the emails from the fake Olivia Charlton.

Notice also the great similarity between the following email and the emails sent by the fake travel agencies in these scams:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16203

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16669

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16165

Subject: DEAR....xxxxx xxxxx.....WE ARE GLAD TO BE AT YOUR SERVICE IN REGARDS TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS TO THE UNITED KINGDOM

HOLIDAY VIEW TRAVEL

Case reference number: 1515661

Dear Customer:

Why do you want a Visa?:
Do you know the specific visa you want?:
What is your title?:
What is your first name? (As shown on passport):
What is your family name? (As shown on passport):
What is your Nationality?:
What is your date of birth?:
What is your email address?:
Please re-enter your email address:
What is your daytime contact number? (Please include your area code):
What is your cell phone number?:
What is your Address? Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
What is your ZIP/Postcode?:
Do you have an offer of employment from the destination Country?:
Do you have a spouse or partner?:
How many dependents do you want to include in your migration
application?:
When do you require your visa by?:
What is your current occupation?:
How long have you been working as above occupation?:
How many years full time work experience do you have?:
What is your highest qualification?:
Was the above qualification taught in English?:
How would you rate your English language ability?:
Has the job offer been advertised?:
Is this an Intra-Company Hire or a New Hire?:
What is the position of the job offer?:

Please allow me to introduce myself: my name is Mark McAdams and I am an Immigration Consultant here at Holiday View Travel. I have received your enquiry and I am currently trying to contact you to discuss your case. I will of course endeavor to continue to reach you. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your case further.

I would like to take this opportunity to provide a brief background on what has helped to make us one of the world's largest and leading immigration consultancies.

As one of the largest and most successful visa consultancies in the world with branches in the USA, Canada, the UK, India, South Africa and Australia, we employ a wide range of lawyers across the globe, immigration experts and highly qualified experts.

Our team of qualified immigration experts around the globe are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), Migration Agents Regulatory Authority (MARA), Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants (CSIC), US Immigration Attorneys, South African Government approved immigration advisors, Government Know Before You Go partners and more, making Holiday View Travel a very special team of people across the world ready to help you.

As you might expect from the world's leading experts in visas and immigration, we assist many of the world's leading businesses, international organizations and celebrities, and over 4,000,000 people turn to us each year for immigration advice to successfully secure their visa.

Our premier services are recognized by people 'in the know' and we have often been called 'the expert's expert'. Our unique online systems also allow our clients to manage their case 24/7.

I hope I have been able to provide just a brief overview of what makes Global Visas so special and why it is widely accepted that we often add the winning ingredient to our clients' cases.

I look forward to speaking with you regarding your case.

Note:We do charge 111.23 Pounds for 1months duration of your visa and work-permit and note you are expected to make this payment to enable us expedite the processing of your travel documents, you are required to make consular and visa charges to us via western union money transfer to the payment information MGT below:

Receiver's Name: Mrs Kxxxx Wxxxx
Address: 46, Northfield Avenue,
Ealing, London
W139RR
United Kingdom
After payment has been made you are expected to send us details of the western union receipt for confirmation and to submit the rest of your travel documents at the immigrations office for the processing of your travel documents, you are expected to send us the following details after payment has been made;

Sender's Name:
Amount Sent:
Money Transfer Control Number(MTCN):

Mark McAdams
Immigration Consultant.

46, Northfield Avenue,
Ealing, London
W13 9RR
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-7024033566
E-mails: [email protected]
Web-site: holidayviewtravel.co.uk

Disclaimer.
This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete the original message. Any views or opinion expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department of Human Resources Holiday View Travel. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses and other destructive codes. While all possible precautions have been taken, the Department accepts no liability whatsoever for loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message or attachments, or the use of the information contained in this message or attachment.
Advertisement