Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#381965 by peterwang Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 pm
I get the information below from https://onlyaupair.co.uk
they send me some documents and information ,and ask me $2000 as a deposit,I paid them last week,what should I do ,I think they are scammers,they took my money out without verification code.which is rediculous.both for the moenygram and the scammer.

Attention: Applicant,

Following the “Stop Order” letter sent to us from the ministry of internal affairs as per not granting the approval to your au pair placement for its purposes, we have been ordered to pend every process as employees are expected to undergo due process regarding terrorism issues and economic ills facing the world.

You are expected to read the instructions carefully and comply immediately to enable us complete and ship your travel documents to your country China.

Find attached the soft copies of your certificate of eligibility and work permit.

Kindly do the needful.

Thank you
Barr. Lottie Frederick
OnlyAupair Agency UK
Working to serve you better.
Advertisement

#381966 by AlanJones Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 pm
What email address did this barrister use and what are the email address and name of the family you are meant to be working for?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381967 by peterwang Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:58 pm
[email protected] this is from the guy they called angecy
Ronny Vin Barrett <[email protected]> this is from the person i contact (the suspectable family)
his skype is vin barrett49. and he has facebook with the same picture.

They provide me documents .(I wonder they are hiring nanny or somewhat else?),because I can't find a job with TI5 visa ,i'm from china.

as follows are talking record

Ronny Vin Barrett
Feb 8, 2019, 2:00 PM
to me

Hope you are having a wonderful time?

I'm so delighted receiving your message with answers to my questions. I'm also excited that our communication is becoming a fruitful one and I’m seriously interested to host you as my daughter’s Au pair, you sound so polite and honest and i love that.

This is my first experience to host an Au pair as i said earlier i have made some necessary inquiries and i was informed that all the Au pair applicants who intends to work legally in UK are expected to be fully registered with the Only Au pair UK Agency, I will pay all placement fees including your flight ticket to London.

Visit their website onlyaupair.co.uk click on contact and proceed to fill out the questionnaire form on the site, after that also write them an email stating you willingness to work for my family (Ronny Vin Barrett) and write how long you wish to stay with my family okay.

Email: [email protected]

Let me know when you are done filling out the application form at the onlyaupair.co.uk website Emily and Lola sends you kisses and hugs as we look forward to having you here soon. have added you on skype already, you can find me with my email.
#381968 by peterwang Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:03 am
I can hardly trust anyone now...so many scammers..I don't know Why they are trying to trick the poor people..(au pair sometimes means no money)

they play the video records they made before,shit.
#381969 by AlanJones Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:07 am
It's a scam. The domain onlyaupair.co.uk is fake and was only registered a month ago.

Domain name:
onlyaupair.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 19-Jan-2019

Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]
URL: http://uk.godaddy.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 19-Jan-2019
Expiry date: 19-Jan-2021

The best thing to do is just block them and don't respond any further. Unfortunately, the money you sent is very likely gone, but you should contact your bank and also report the scam to your local police.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381970 by peterwang Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:13 am
AlanJones wrote:It's a scam. The domain onlyaupair.co.uk is fake and was only registered a month ago.

Domain name:
onlyaupair.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 19-Jan-2019

Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]
URL: http://uk.godaddy.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 19-Jan-2019
Expiry date: 19-Jan-2021

The best thing to do is just block them and don't respond any further. Unfortunately, the money you sent is very likely gone, but you should contact your bank and also report the scam to your local police.

I used to think this is a tiny company,because they maybe set up their firm recently,however,they take my money away.that is the point.what should I do now?I contact the uk police,they didn't give me feedbacks
#381971 by AlanJones Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:30 am
The UK police won't help you as you are not in the UK and the scammers are also most likely not there either. You need to report it to your local police in China.

#381984 by peterwang Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:08 am
AlanJones wrote:The UK police won't help you as you are not in the UK and the scammers are also most likely not there either. You need to report it to your local police in China.

The point is they can take my money out based on my name and the sender's name without the verification code.
The scammer used their video recorded before to fool me.Finally I realise the truth.shit

[Removed - AJ]
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed accusations against a legitimate money transfer company