Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#78024 by valll Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 am
--
Hi dear, I am Mrs Mary Gilbert, 35 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested.
Thanks
Mary

Thanks alot for your response . I'm from 35 South Ave Staten Island, NY 10303. You'll be working 5 hours a day, you are to take the kids to school in the morning and later go back to pick them back home from school in the afternoon. On weekends you'll take them out to new places like beach and other recreational places (You have free time). You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. I prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks. I will be offering you 450$ per week and you will be staying with us in the house. There is free internet facilities in the house for your use, private room, bathroom and a private car for you in taking the kids to school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving. I have 2 lovely kids named Ashley (9years old) and James (7years old). We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful babies. They are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them.
The family's interests include the zoo, doing yoga, soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, walks in the park, play dates with friends, the arts, literature, traveling, shopping, and our kids. You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 6weeks. Convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction.
I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working Visa. I wait to read back from you
Advertisement

#81443 by flazzi Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:17 pm
Also scamming under another name now, disguists me pure filth

jennifer jacob [email protected]

16:54 (6 hours ago)

to me

--
Hi dear, I am Mrs Jennifer Jacob, 35 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested.
Thanks
Jennifer

jennifer jacob [email protected]

18:15 (4 hours ago)

to me
Thanks alot for your response . I'm from 35 South Ave Staten Island, NY 10303. You'll be working 5 hours a day, you are to take the kids to school in the morning and later go back to pick them back home from school in the afternoon. On weekends you'll take them out to new places like beach and other recreational places (You have free time). You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. I prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks. I will be offering you 450$ per week and you will be staying with us in the house. There is free internet facilities in the house for your use, private room, bathroom and a private car for you in taking the kids to school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving. I have 2 lovely kids named Ashley (9years old) and James (7years old). We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful babies. They are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them.
The family's interests include the zoo, doing yoga, soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, walks in the park, play dates with friends, the arts, literature, traveling, shopping, and our kids. You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 6weeks. Convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction.
I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working Visa. I wait to read back from you

I have pictures too put they will not upload and i am uncertain how to make a post thank googness for your post :-) thank you
#90744 by Daniella Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:00 pm
I got one email from [email protected], the same person! :P

Hi dear, I am Mrs Maureen Collins, 36 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested

Thanks

Maureen

and also

#106906 by jennifer_aupair Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm
i received this right this morning. i think it will be helpful.

First:

Hi dear, I am Mrs Clara Johnson, 37 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested

Thanks

Clara

and after i replied asking her for the link to her profile on easyaupair.com, she wrote:

Hello Jennifer ,

Thanks for your positive response.
Where we live?
We live in 35 South Ave Staten Island, NY 10303. A nice and quite city not far from the big and busy New York City.
How many child, their names and how old?
We are blessed with 2 lovely kids named Ashley (9years old) and James (7years old)
Your duty?
You'll be working 5 to 6 hours a day. You are required to prepare the kids for school and take them to and from school. (that is, take them to school and later go and pick them from school in the afternoon). Care for and stimulate the children both mentally & physically, to ensure their intellectual, physical and social development. Look after their physical well being, encouraging proper use of everything - wash and bath them, help them on how to dress and undress. You are required to spend time with the child, running errands, house cleaning and light cooking is a possibility, but not really a requirement. We prefer someone who will reinforce our desire to teach our children responsibilities and do not expect to undertake the children assigned tasks but instead to find ways to encourage them to complete tasks (I mean not to spoil the kids by doing everything for them).
On weekends (Saturdays) you'll take them out to new places such as beach and other recreational places (You are fully free on Sunday).
Our offer?
We shall be offering you 450$ per week (We hope it is enough since we will cater for your feeding). You and the kids will be going for shopping once in 5weeks. There is free internet facilities in the house for your use, private room, bathroom and a private car for you in taking the kids to school provided you know how to drive or willing to learn driving.
Our interest?
The family's interests include the zoo, doing yoga, soccer, water skiing, snow skiing, walks in the park, play dates with friends, the arts, literature, traveling, shopping, and our kids.
We love adventure, arts, traveling, soccer, literature, laughter and our wonderful children. They are very active wanting a partner to bounce and spin with them. Convince me that you are capable of doing this job to my satisfaction.
In conclusion, we will be responsible for the purchase of your plane ticket. I will like to know if you have a working permit and a valid working visa. I wait to read back from you.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Jennifer xxxxx wrote:
can you please send me your profile link??

Thanks Jennifer
Da: clara johnson <[email protected]>
A: xxxxx
Inviato: Mercoledì 6 Giugno 2012 11:25
Oggetto: IN NEEDED OF A NANNY
Last edited by Chris Fuller on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed au pair's email address for privacy
#248613 by Demolady13 Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:58 pm
So, I am getting email from a Mary Gilbet too. The address is [email protected]. The last email is as follows:

Sorry 19th of May..I just want to confirm your information before i forward it to the payroll department so that you can start an errand for me before we meet because i will need to make some payment for my mom bills, furniture and some house interior which you make all the payment at the Walmart close to you, I will give you the details and instruction is very easy , so it wont be a stressful for you , The payment will be mail out probably as soon as possible . Kindly confirm that the below information for immediate processing of your check.

Your Full Names:
Home Address (With Apt # if any):
City, State & Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number (MUST BE ACTIVE):

Just to make it clear and please kindly get back to me with your info if you interested because the payment will be mail out to you and i dont want a situation where you will tell me you not interested because i dont have time to start looking for another person, I just some one that will be faithful and you will enjoy working with me . The check will come with the total amount of $2975 goes for your first week deposit and the balance of $2400 while $500 is for your payment for the errands and he rest goes to the money for the errands. I hope you have a working bank account where the check will be deposited if you receive the check?I will look for your email soon to ensure everything is clear so i can forward your information.

Warm Regard

Is this fraud...? Advice please???????
#248615 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:17 pm
Yes, it is a fraud/scam.

The scammer wants to send you a fake check and have you cash it. He then will direct you to wire money to a third person.

Day's or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. You will have to repay the money withdrawn. The bank may even close your account and/or notify Law Enforcement of the fraudulent deposit.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#249288 by Demolady13 Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 pm
Ok.. So I want to share an additional warning/cation for any one else out there. There is something else a scammer can do, If you deposit a fraudulent check.. There is a way the scammer can get your bank account information.
Toda, we contacted the bank from whom the check was written. Yes.. I oull check to see if there was enough funds in that particular bank and check accuracy but not until tomorrow. We were advised to not even place the check in our account (which I wasn't going to do anyways).
These people are getting sneaky.... And I want to go arrest someone, unfortunately these things can never be traced.
The address from sender was legit alright.. But the address is currently up for rent.. And an abandoned for more than a year. Yep! I am on top of all of this., but want to pass additional caution to anyone who might get a cashiers check that someone wants you to place in your own bam account.
#249293 by AlanJones Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm
Demolady13 wrote:If you deposit a fraudulent check.. There is a way the scammer can get your bank account information.

Sorry, but that is totally incorrect - there is no way that a scammer can get your bank details if you deposit a fake cheque he has sent you. He has no connection to the bank or to the account the cheque is drawn on.

Demolady13 wrote:We were advised to not even place the check in our account (which I wasn't going to do anyways).

You were advised not to deposit it, because doing so would leave you open to bank charges when your bank bounced the cheque and you could even be reported for passing fraudulent cheques.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.