Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#113781 by Chris Fuller Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. The Immigration Agency is also fake, and is part of the scam.

If you are looking for an au pair position in the USA, please read these US Government webpages about the US Au Pair Program:

http://exchanges.state.gov/jexchanges/p ... upair.html

http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/

Do not send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential host family.

Goodday ,

We wish you could see the joy and happiness in our heart,We are am more than glad to read your note concerning your love towards my kids.We need an Au pair due to my work and my husband.We are always busy and we believe our kids (Suzan 3 years old and Jenna 5 years old) need someone not as an Aupair/Nanny alone but as part like a friend.

My husband John, works as an electrical lineman and i works as a real estate agent - various hours..We visit our Parents during the weekend, Suzan and Jenna likes been around friends and going to
the Amusement Parks,loves to play,cuddle loves,watching Cartoons go to the Cinemas and watching soccer sometime..We believe they will love been with you all the time.

We promise you will never regret coming into my Family.We don't want you as an Au pair alone but part of my Family also like a Friend,we believe you know all about my Family?We will like you
to tell me more about your country,Family,Culture and Weather.Moreso, We will like you to tell us what you will do to make our Kids happy.

We will want to know if you have your travel Visa and working permit to the State and if you don't have any document We will want you to contact the U.S immigration Agency that
will help you with your Visa,working permit,Plane ticket and Ehic Card for your trip to US cause we don't want anything to happen to you at the airport...They help our last Au pair in document
processing. { [email protected] }.

We will be offering you 600 Dollars per week,Saturday's and Sunday's will be your offday's and we promise to do our best to make you feel at home and happy.
whatever they say,let me know and we am assuring you that my family will Refund all your traveling expenses as soon as you get here.This is our address Below..

5342 Gulph Road,

King of Prussia, PA

We will like you to make contact with the U.S immigration Agency so as to help you with your visa,air ticket and work permit in other to be available as fast as possible.

Read from you soon
Advertisement

#281430 by Ann Dam Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:18 am
I received almost the same message just this year (Jan 2016)! Her name is not Severina Hutchinson but KAREN Hutchinson ([email protected]) - A HOST FAMILY in Berkeley California. Her emails/messages you posted are almost the same email/messages she sent to me.

--- My husband John works as an electrical lineman and he travel alot, but mostly works in California that's why we need an aupair urgently.

--- Hello

Thanks for the note,we are so happy and can't wait to see you soon in our family. My family really love and want you in our family not just as an Au pair but as part and big sister to our family and We want you to know that you'll never have any cause to regret taking up this job.

We are a professional couple, who are easy to talk to but give and demand respect at all times. Our children are our priority. They are very playful and love attention. They will always keep you busy and make sure you have a very good time.

We expect someone down-to-earth, with good judgement and common sense as the kids' safety comes first. We expect respect and the same treatment they expect from others. We'd like to find a responsible au-pair whose priority is to learn English and experience the life in the US.I hope I can make your stay fun and comfortable..

We will want you to contact the U.S Au pair Travel Agent that will help you with your Visa,working permit,Plane ticket and Ehic Card for your trip to US cause we don't want anything to happen to you at the airport...They help our last Au pair in document processing.{ {[email protected] }}

We will like you to make contact with the U.S Au pair Travel Agent so as to help you with your visa,air ticket and work permit in other to be available as fast as possible.

Read from you soon

Karen Hutchinson

The agency asked for $900 for the processing of the Visa, Work Permit, Ehic card and flight ticket and send it through Western Union to Robert Labonte @ 24 Route 7 South Middlebury Vermont 05753.

Is Severina Hutchinson and Karen Hutchinson the same person? What do you think? Please help.

Thank you!
#281435 by AlanJones Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 am
They may be the same person, or it could be different scammers using the same script. One thing that is certain through is that it is a scam and there is no au pair job. They just want to steal the visa fees from you.

[email protected] is a free email address, which is not something that a legitiamte au pair agency would use and they are not one of the authorised au pair agencies that appear on the US State Department website.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#281444 by Ann Dam Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:53 pm
Thanks Alan Jones! Yeah that's what I really think. It is definitely a scam! Karen Hutchinson communicates only through email. One time, I asked her if we could talk over the phone or do a video call with her kids and with her husband John, but she will just ignore it, and change the topic. She just keeps asking if I already made the payment to the agency. I told her I don't have money. She then offered to pay half of the payment, but I still don't trust her.

And also I discovered that she have an account with a lot of aupair agencies or websites, but her account was deleted.

Thanks!