Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#141250 by David Jansen Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:46 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity, it is a scam! The telephone number is a +4470 re-direct number that will foreward your call to the scammer's phone wherever he is in the world, it is not a British landline number. If you google that number you can see that it has been used in scams before, aswell as the photo. You can find it in this post about Dr Melvin Johnson:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58723

Hello Au pair,

I saw your profile on the Au pair site.

We are a British family living in London, UK. I work for Royal Dutch (shell
petroleum). A British Based Multinational Oil and Gas Company.
I stay in No 6 Queens Avenue, London N10 3PE.

We currently have son aged 3 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny
from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us for a
minimum of 6 or 12 month(s).

About Our Family

We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our kid are fairly easy
going and relaxed,they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm..
Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would
entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..

We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you
accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of ?2500(Two
thousand five hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of ?200.
Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in
her best in taking care of our children.

You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and
bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready
computer.Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture
of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be
positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel
arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you.
You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is
+447012993512 or [email protected]

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes
William Louden

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement

#141394 by David Jansen Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 am
Hello,

It was nice to get to hear from you,i told my family about you and they love it,

so I have considered hiring you for your services. However as regards your

flight ticket that will be handled by me and also some other relevant documents

you might be needing to proceed into the UK,but you have to take care of your

work permit fees nothing much I presume.So if you agree with these terms please

let me know so that I can have my lawyer issue you your contract/invitation

letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling

papers.
But first let me tell you a little bit about my family,

we are down to earth people not arrogant,we respect our employees opinion very

much,our kid are the most adorable things on the face of the earth we love them

so much and so will you I hope.We are also easy going people my wife and I.

I leave for work early in the morning 7.30am,my wife is a seamstress so she is a

little more around the house than I am,our kid attend school he leave at 8.30am

come back by 1.00pm.we are a religious family as I am an engineer not full time

though cos I still have to work for my family.
The family those a lot of outings,we go hiking sometimes my wife and I,also to

the beach together the whole family.we also attend services every Wednesdays &

Sundays.
Best wishes

William Louden
For the family.

Hello

My Lawyer have send a copy of the contract letter with your name and e-mail

address to the UK Border Agency, they have approve the process of your visa, so

they can start your visa for you to come and start work with my family.

You are to send them an e-mail ([email protected]) to the United kingdom

Border Agency with there email address
E-mail - [email protected] .
Full Name:
Mailing Address:
Phone Number:
Nationality:

so they can confirm and send you the visa application form.

See you soon in London.

Best wishes
William Louden.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#144742 by Zanbanan Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 am
Hi David!

I just want to thank you for pointing out this scam. The exact emails were sent to me and luckily it was all just a little suspicious to me. I mean REALLY?!! Postcard family pictures... I am so grateful to you!! Lets just say my last email wasn't as nice as his... :wink:

Thanks again! :D
#146177 by brokenarrow Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am
I received same email after few hours that I registered in an Au Pair site. Telephone number: +447012993512.

This is the IP result search:

41.190.2.218 Server Details
IP address:
Server Location:
Nigeria
ISP:
EMTS Limited / Etisalat Nigeria

:laugh-s:

Great work! Thanks.
#146192 by legit.com Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 am
That WILLIAM LOUDEN PLAYED ME FOR A FOOL. <removed> BITCH.. IM GONNA EMAIL HIM BACK WITH A HARD CORE WORDS WHIPPIN'..... HE CONTACTED ME ON AN AU PAIR SITE AND I BELIEVED EVERYTHING, THEN MY CO-WORKER WAS LIKE NO WAYS THIS IS SO NOT LEGIT, I LET MY GUT DOWN... THIS BITCH I CANT BELIEVE IT, NOW THAT I DECIDED TO STAY LONGER AT WORK I FOUND THIS, I REALLY REALLY CANT BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS ONE, IM ACTUALLY LAUGHING @MYSELF RIGHT NOW..... AND I HAVE ALREADY SENT THIS <removed> ALL MY DETAILS... ALLLLLLLL MY DETAILS... IM ABOUT TO CUSS THIS MAN OUT FOR SURE. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS, THANK GOD I FOUND THIS SITE AND THANK GOD FOR MY CO-WORKER.

Mod edit: Profanites removed - CW
#147885 by Nijirain Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:57 am
i received the same letter, and a second answer this morning...

i feel very stupid, i send them all the pics of me, my girlfriend, my sisters... i was hoping to work, well this is very sad... why people is so bad?
#149531 by POPO Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:57 am
Hello!
Would I like to know what kind of scam is? Because data is mine and my ID number, my name and phone .. I'm worried, I expect an answer.
Thank you
#149534 by Dotti Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:36 am
Welcome POPO,

I am quite confused by your question.

Are you saying that your name is William Louden, and the phone number posted here belongs to you? If so, that is a real problem, as that redirect phone number has also been used with the names Mark Lander and Melvin Johnson have for au pair scams.

Or are you saying that you have inadvertently given this scammer your name and phone number--if that is the case, it's not ideal, but I would not worry too much as the scammer has collected lots of names and phone numbers. This type of scammer is typically not capable of real identity theft--his goal is to convince victims to send cash.

This is one of many au pair scams carried out by the same African scammer. The scammer is not named William Louden, he is not in UK, and he does not have a real job to offer. He is promising jobs to innocent people who are looking for positions as au pairs, then sending them to a fake "border agency" that has nothing to do with the real UK border agency. The fake agency (who is also the scammer) is collecting fees from these innocent people for a visa they will never get.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#153889 by incredible Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm
Hi,
I got registered in easy au pair and 3 days later I received this suspiscious e-mail from [email protected], then these fake pics from his family like the pics you have all received, but he signed as kenny smith. I've been reading here and you think he is from nigeria, but [u]I have typed kenneth smith and I have found on Linkediln someone who works for the shell company and lives in England,with the same name and job just as this person says in his e-mail. This person could be him or someone is using his identity to make believe this story true.
Anyway does easy au pair web page know anything about this guy?
Can't we do anything about this?
Who is william louden ? Because this e-mail I received is signed by kenny smith

It's incredible to receive a fake easy au pair job just 3 days after registering don't you think so? :o
#153891 by incredible Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm
This is the e-mail I received; this time he doesn't sign as william louden but as kenny smith

Hello Au pair,

I saw your profile on the Au pair site.

We are a British family living in London, UK. I work for Royal Dutch (shell petroleum). A British Based Multinational Oil and Gas Company.
I stay in No 82 Palace Avenue,Kensington London .

We currently have son aged 3 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us for a minimum of 6 or 12 month(s).

About Our Family

We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our kid are fairly easy going and relaxed,they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm.. Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..

We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £2500(Two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £400. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our children.

You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer.Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447012993512 or [email protected]

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Kenny Smith
#153898 by incredible Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm
I've had a look of the Ip direction of this person and I searched it on the Internet and it says its from the USA, I have also had a look at the time this guy sent the e-mail and instead of saying UCt it says PST so that's the pacific time. So I think this guy sends this from the USA not from Africa because Africa time is by UCT as in Europe but not in the USA.
#153901 by Dotti Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 pm
The IP you saw would have been bellsouth's servers. It is not the scammer's true location. The time is the time zone for those servers, not the scammer's. The writing and the scam format tell us that the scammer is African. He is most likely writing from Africa or Malaysia. Without using other techniques to confirm his location, we only say that those are by far the most likely locations simply because that is where the vast majority of these scammers are located. The 4470 phone number is a redirect phone number. It looks like a UK number, but calls to that number can be forwarded to phones anywhere in the world. These phone numbers are used by scammers who are pretending to be in UK when they are not. A real UK resident would not have a 4470 number.

I haven't looked at the linkedin profile, but it could be an innocent person's legitimate profile, or a fake profile set up by the scammer to support his scam. Scammers frequently set up fake profiles on linkedin, facebook, and anywhere else needed to help them to scam.

It's incredible to receive a fake easy au pair job just 3 days after registering don't you think so?

Actually, I'm more surprised that it took 3 whole days to get a fake. The free au pair sites are literally flooded with scammers looking for new targets who are unaware of scams, and often they will approach you within a day of signing up.

As for the site, the scammer has signed up using fake details. The site does not investigate the person's claims. They don't know the scammer's real identity, or anything that would get him caught.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.