Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#162284 by Chris Fuller Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 am
This scam mail was not sent from UK, it was sent from Nigeria, as proven by the IP address: 41.190.3.162 - Nigeria.

Subject: COME AND WORK FOR OUR FAMILY

Hello Au pair,

I saw your profile on the Au pair site.

We are a British family living in London, UK. I work for Royal Dutch (shell petroleum). A British Based Multinational Oil and Gas Company.
I stay in No 13 Queens Avenue, London .

We currently have son aged 3 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us for a minimum of 6 or 12 month(s).

About Our Family

We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our kid are fairly easy going and relaxed,they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm.. Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..

We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £2500(Two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £400. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our children.

You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer.Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447012993512 or [email protected]

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Kenny Smith

The photographs sent by this scammer are not photographs of his own family; they are photographs purchased from a Stock Photographs website. They were also used in this scam:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58723

Subject: TO OUR WONDERFUL AUPAIR

Hello Au pair,
It was nice to get to hear from you,i told my family about you and they love it, so I have considered hiring you for your services. However as regards your flight ticket that will be handled by me and also some other relevant documents you might be needing to proceed into the UK,but you have to take care of your work permit fees nothing much I presume.So if you agree with these terms please let me know so that I can have my lawyer issue you your contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers.
But first let me tell you a little bit about my family,

we are down to earth people not arrogant,we respect our employees opinion very much,our kid are the most adorable things on the face of the earth we love them so much and so will you I hope.We are also easy going people my wife and I.

I leave for work early in the morning 7.30am,my wife is a seamstress so she is a little more around the house than I am,our kid attend school he leave at 8.30am come back by 1.00pm.we are a religious family as I am an engineer not full time though cos I still have to work for my family.
The family those a lot of outings,we go hiking sometimes my wife and I,also to the beach together the whole family.
Best wishes

Kenny Smith
For the family.
Advertisement

#163607 by Chris Fuller Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:30 am
Subject: HELLO

Hello,
I will send your detail to my lawyer, to send you the contract and invitation letter to you.
He will also contact the British immigration office here in London on how you can start the process and obtain your UK visa so you can come and start working in my family .
My Wife and i have concluded that, you will work for our family, and that can only happen if you already have a London Visa and i want you to contact with the British Immigration here in London with their e mail address ([email protected]) am sure they will let you know the requirements that will be needed in getting you a Visa and also they will let you know how to go about that cos they helped our former nanny in getting all her documents easily and fast.
We will like you to tell us more about you, your mobile number and more pictures of you would be fine.
Try make sure you contact them to enable you get your visa to London.

Best wishes

Kenny Smith

Both the lawyer and the Immigration Office are also fake, and are part of the scam. This email from the fake lawyer was also sent from Nigeria, IP address 41.190.3.110 - Nigeria.

Subject: CONTRACT AND INVITATION LETTER

Hello,

How are you doing?After talking with my
client,he has authorized me to send you this email..I am attaching
herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Kenny Smith, for you to
go through.. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the
bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e mail attachment.

Information For Travel.

Your employer went to the UK Immigrations Office here in London to
inform them about his decision to employ you and to also seek their
approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
power to permit/approve foreign workers.

You have to contact them
immediately you sign the contract letter. Send a copy to them and
also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get
your work permit and travel documents.Also you should know that
your employer,would share travel costs with you,he will pay them
for your Flight Ticket and some other relevant documents, and the
little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Visa
okay. Here are their contact details:
United Kingdom- Immigration Office London
2 Marsham Street
Central London
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Send them an e mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and
they would get in touch with you so that you can travel down
soonest to resume duties.

Best Regards
Barrister Peter Armstrong

Bureau of Immigration
Department of Justice.

Attached CONTRACT AND INVITATION LETTER. From Kenny Smith.docx reads:

BARRISTER PETER ARMSTRONG AND ASSOCIATE
22 PARK ROAD BRISTOL
LONDON E14 9RE, UNITED KINGDOM

Our ref PA/JA/067/UK/

Kenny Smith
No 13 Queens Avenue
London
London
United Kingdom.

Date: xxxxday April xx, 2013.

Dear: Applicant,

LETTER OF OFFER

We would like to offer you the position of a Nanny/housekeeper to our client.

The terms and conditions of the job are as follows:

Hours

You will be required to work for approximately 20 hours per week. Every weekend, will be spent with the family or anywhere, as you would have the weekends off, from Saturday and Sunday will be a free day for you

Accommodation:

You would have a Private Live-Out or Live-In Accommodation depending on your preference with Private Bathroom, Sitting Room and Bedroom. Your room would also be furnished with a Television Set, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone. We ask that all rooms be kept tidy and that friends staying over should only do so with our permission. If we go out as a family, you will generally be invited to come with us (at our expense) should you so choose?

Duties and responsibilities

Your main duty is the due care of my son.

Salary

You will be paid an amount of ?2500 (Two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) per month in arrears and an additional ?400 weekly pocket money. Additional hours will be paid at a rate that we may agree between ourselves from time to time.

Start Date and Period of Employment

You are expected to start on the as soon as you arrive here and to stay for a minimum period of 1 yrs. If due to circumstances beyond your control or for any other reason, you wish to leave at an earlier date than our agreement, you will be required to give one month’s notice. If we require you to leave, subject to the conditions specified under ‘discipline’, we will give you a minimum of one month’s notice.

Vacation

You will have 3 weeks paid vacation after 4 months of work. Vacation must be negotiated however, well in advance.

School

You will be enrolled at a Public School to attend a course in any language of your choice for foreigners for the duration of your stay.

We look forward to having you for the job offer and hope that your association will be a long and happy one.

Please sign a copy of this letter as acceptance of its terms and conditions.

Yours faithfully
Kenny Smith

And, again, this email from the fake Immigration Office was really sent from Nigeria, IP address 41.190.3.182 - Nigeria.

Subject: WORKING PERMIT FORM AND REQUIREMENT

UK-Immigration Office London
xx/04/2013
Attn:

Find here with attached information required for the procurement of your work permit application form. You are to go through them carefully and get back to us with the requirements to enable us finish the processing of your work permit visa.

You are to send back to us
Scanned copy of visa payment slip

Completed visa application form must be submitted with the sum of £350pounds through Western Union Money transfer

PAYMENT DETAILS.

Receiver Name: Mrs Rose Jackson
Payout Location: 2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
United Kingdom
Phone: +447012993505

You have (2) two working days to make your payment and send back to us scan copy of payment slip and a copy of contact letter sign between you and your employer.

Congratulation
Jacob Franklin
Head of Operations
UK Immigration office London

#300554 by Tim Atem Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:01 pm
If you have been contacted by the people reported above, or by someone else using the same story you are dealing with scammers.

The UK has strict polices for their Au Pairs and you must go through a registered agency. The agency reported above is fake. This website explains it all:

http://bapaa.org.uk/

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#300592 by Dexter Balsamo Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:31 pm
Thank you very much, the reason why I wanted to know to to get their IP is to avoid further mistakes, or else would it be possible if I can have the links of the registered agency in the Uk or in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

Thanks

:beer:
#300593 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:36 pm
Please familiarize yourself with Au Pair scams.

Read here >> viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019 Make sure you read about becoming an au pair in the UK>

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#336987 by AGEP021 Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 am
Hi, I also had had contact with this scammer yesterday he was talking to me via emal, and he has send me exactly the same things! Luckly I search the images he send me and found this page, so now I am not going to respond him anymore. Thanks for sharing your experience. This scammer is using this email now: [email protected]

This is the first email he sent me.

Hello Applicant,

I saw your profile on the Au pair site

We are a British family living in London, i work with shell royal dutch oil company UK.
I stay in No 34 Queens Ave, London N10 3NR, United Kingdom
We currently have a son aged 5 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us.

About Our Family

We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our son are fairly easy going and relaxed,he would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm..

We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and0 light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £ 2500 (Two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £400. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our son.

You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer. Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. I attached some of my family photo and online interview, You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447031940530 or email [email protected]
We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Mr Mark Dover
for family
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#356065 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:58 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the emails sent to you. Remove your personal information from them prior to submitting.

Do not post the emails you sent.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/