Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#163291 by barbara1993 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm
If Rufus Poots or Oliver alfie are writing you pay attention!!! It is au pair scam! How the letter can look:
Hello Barbara

We are glad to read your mail about your interest to work for my family. We live here at Chartfield Avenue, London and i have a son Greg and he loves to play Games and goes to park with his friends and like stories , my wife is a Nurse and she is a busy woman and am a contractor engineer working at Mansell construction service Ltd.

Don't worry about your English we can enroll you, at English class which is 6 kilometre away from the house . your salary will be 1300 Great British Pound monthly,and it will be paid at the 28 of each month. your accommodation is live-in your own room and bath room and home applicable like you television set, iron, bed and bedsit,DVD player and more others. he get up in the morning to eat his breakfast around 8 am and get to school by 8.30 and going comes back from 2 pm. i will take care of all your travel document like the payment of your visa and work permit.

All i need from you is to take due care of my son as your own child ,because he is all i have in this world and i love him son much.

i will be on skype tonight by 7pm london time

here are the questions for your interview Waiting for your answers.

1. DO YOU HAVE ANY PAST EXPERIENCE OF AN AU PAIR?

2.HOW MANY COUNTIES HAVE YOU HAVE AN EXPERIENCE OF AN AU PAIR?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH ISSUES?

4.DO YOU HAVE A GOOD SOUND RELATIONSHIP WITH CHILDREN?

5.DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE?

6.DO YOU HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT WITH A RECENT PHOTO OF YOURSELF?

7.WHATS YOUR PRESENT OCCUPATION?

8. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT SALARY?

9.ARE YOU INDEPENDENT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?

10.DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ENGLISH?

11. HOW LONG WILL YOU BE FREE TO WORK WITH MY FAMILY?

12.WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY ABOUT LIFE?

13 WHAT IS YOUR RELIGION?

Dear Barbara,

Thanks for your responses am happy to hear from you in short notice and am interested in your profile.

As regards your mail, Am Mr. Rufus Poots, we live at 8b Colchester Avenue, London E12 5LE. Am a single parent and also a field contractor. I have only one son who is 4 years old I am a soccer fan,
I love Arsenal so much. I also love watching Barcelona and Real Madrid. My son likes Games and visiting friends i hope you can play with him.

I am very busy person and my job hardly allow me time for my son this is why I need your assistance as an aupair in my family so I have agreed that you are the one that suites our requirements. and I need your assistance in my family for the due care of my son Terry his all i have got and it took us 10 years of marriage to have himhere due my wife is late now but she still lives in me, she was a lovely woman and I cherish her so much.

Sorry I don’t want to remember her death. I am willing to do anything for my son’s happiness that why am willing to pay you 300 great british pounds per week so you will take Terry as your own blood I shall provide you with a Live-In Accommodation with Private Bathroom and Bedroom. Your room will also be furnished with a Television Set, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone. I
ask that all rooms be kept tidy and that friends staying over should only do so with my permission.

Before we proceed i will like you to answers this questions.

* Have you been to London before?
* Do you have a valid passport?
* Who will shoulder your travel expenses?
*What are your strengths in working with children?
*What do you like best about your job?
* What kinds of activities would you plan for children?
* What are your views on television?
* How do you encourage fitness?
* What would you do if you had concerns about my child’s development
or behavior?

Please send me more recent pictures for our review I will appreciate if we can talk on video chat through skype as you suggested my id is rufus.poos

Warm Regards
Mr. Rufus Poots.
Advertisement

#198642 by NaLua Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 am
I've just registered with you guys.
I don't pass any personal data -CV, ID number- until I video chat, this weirdo agreed but failed to present me his son awake, so I could chat to his boy.
I did think it was odd he gave his address -google street map is amazing-.
What I don't understand is why do they pay to keep their profile up an AuPair site, what can they do with your info if you do agree to send your ID number for example?
Is this weirdo asking for an AuPair but actually searching a prostitute? What can this weirdo do with the pics 1 decides to send -he never asked specifically naked pics of me- because I 'forced' a skype chat I told him there was no reason to add other pics on my E-mail.
#198643 by AlanJones Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 am
The only thing that the scammer is interested in is stealing your money, by tricking you into paying fees to the fake travel agent/barrister/government department that he pretends to be for a non-existent visas.

Nost of the sites the scammers advertise on are free and any that aren't they will probably pay for with a stolen credit card and then grab as many au pair email addresses as possible before the account is closed.

They are most likely do not even look at any IDs or pictures that are sent them, they just ask for them to look legitimate - but there is a risk that they could re-use things to scam other people.

The only safe way (and for some countries such as the USA, the only possible way) to become an au pair is through a proper agency that interviews its host families and to arrange your visa in person at the Embassy in your country.

The sticky thread at the top of this board gives links to the official visa requirements for a number of popular countries.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.