Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#197173 by Tinny Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:34 am
Could I offer some advice on this type of scam...

The research has shown that as soon as you reply, and especially if you comply with what the scammer has requested (such as, in this instance, questions they wanted you to answer) you are likely to feel invested in the relationship and will carry on regardless of gut feelings that something is not right.

What I would suggest, if you are ever contacted by someone offering a job, is to answer with your own questions such as why they felt they wanted you (as they contacted you) and request a phone number to call them for an informal chat before you do anything else. Scammers will then drop you, as you prove to be a non compliant victim and what they are looking for is someone who is compliant.
Not one scammer has given me his phone number yet but many have requested mine. There is a reason for that.
Advertisement

#207156 by AlanJones Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:50 pm
From Amanda Wilson - [email protected]

Dear Au pair

Calvary Greetings!

Am delighted to write to you that my family seeks for the services of
an Au pair from any country and we found you wealthy and sound to live and work for our family here in UK.

I currently have an energetic child who is 4 years old, we are looking
for a nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to
stay and work for us.we found you as one who meets our requirements,
having read your profile and we are offering you a
position in my family hoping you would accept.

Should you accept the offer,we will like you to send to us your
updated resume/CV and also a picture of you.

Please communicate your interest to us through your reply so
that we can discuss your travel arrangements.

I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Mr. Gerald Wilson
For the family

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#208494 by Lillamy Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:34 am
I am swedish woman who just realised I also met the same person behind Gerald and Amanda Wilson but the person is now calling her self Peggy Brown using the email adress [email protected]

I got in touch with "her" at the same site, newaupair.com

Her propably non-existing barrister is: [email protected]
Barrister Almond Gabriel

Thanks for warning me!

Hope to find someone who is not a scammer!
#218670 by audree Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:23 pm
I just got an email from a certain peggy brown for an aupair job and advised me to contact her barrister with the name Almond Gabriel, also from lawyer .com
Does lawyer.com know their site is being used for fraud?
#218672 by Dotti Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:49 pm
lawyer.com is actually owned by mail.com. It is one of many free email extensions they own that are routinely abused by scammers. The site has nothing to do with lawyers, it's just a big clearinghouse of free themed email addresses.

They are well aware that their services are abused, just as google and yahoo are aware of the abuse of their free email addresses.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.