Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#168056 by cassie19 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:48 pm
(this was the first email)

Hello Au pair,

My name is Martins Mills and my wife Rebecca is a nurse here in London. We are interested in you becoming part of our family.

Our son John is four years of age, in the kindergarten school and he is a very brilliant boy.

We are an easygoing family living in UK and we are looking for a caring Au pair for our only child. We live in a four bedroom house here in London and we are interested in hiring someone that can work in UK.

Send your CV and some recent photos to us and inform us of when you can begin as our Au pair. You can reach us on [email protected] for further discussion.

Warm Regards
Martins Mills Family.

( I reply and i send my resume,)

(Second Email)

Hello Au pair,

We are delighted about your interest to nanny our son. Your resume is a perfect match for our family.

To tell you a little about our family,my name is Martins Mills, I am an Engineer . My wife Rebecca is a Nurse at QE Hospital in London, we are easy going and fun loving couple. Our boy Chris-John is aged 4 and he is in the Kindergarten school. During working hours we are normally very busy, so we want someone who will take good care of Chris-John.

Our boy is four years old and quite adorable. Chris-John has no allergy or health issues and he hardly falls ill. He attends a kindergarten school that is near to our residence. We live in a four bedroom house at No 7 Lowndes Close, Belgravia, London and their is a well furnished room here for you.

My wife and I want to give you this opportunity to become our son's Au pair. Your salary, duty and the details of our offer will be sent to you.

I have filed the necessary inquiries on how to go about employing you from the UK Home Office here and I shall be sending you the information once I receive it, hence wait for update and instructions so that you do not make any mistake.

My wife Rebecca sends her regards and we hope our e mail finds you in good health.

Cheers and write us soon.

Mr. Martins Mills Family

(I answer all the question again)

Third email

Dear Removed (BW),

Thanks for your fast response towards working for my family as my kid Au
pair/Teacher I am very grateful.

This is to inform you that after going through your details with other
verification procedures carried out, Martins Mills family were able
to resolve the status of your application.

Kindly note that the above employment was based on the following:

1. Experience qualifications
2. Age category

On this note, we hereby congratulate you on the success of your application
and as such we have attached to you the contract that transcends any written document.

You are therefore required to follow these procedures immediately so as to
complete your employment formalities:

Kindly Contact (GREENE CLEMENT) immediately with his contact information as provided in the contract agreement letter for the procurement of your Certificate of Eligibility. You are to indicate your intending travel date and take off location for appropriate flight booking which we shall pay for.

GREENE CLEMENT SOLICITORS
SOLICITORS & IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon, Survey, CR9 2BY,
United Kingdom.
Contact Person: GREENE CLEMENT
Designation: solicitor and Advocate in Law.
EMAIL: [email protected]

Update me in all you are doing with them in case of advice were necessary.
Please I need you as soon as possible as I told you my kid need an Au
pair/Teacher who will be taking care of her after school hours. Kindly
proceed to sign contract letter attached here and also contact my lawyer(GREENE CLEMENT) as soon as possible to enact the speedy process of your travel documents.

Once again we congratulate you and look forward to welcoming you.

Thanks,

Mr. Martins Mills Family

(then i contact the attorneys that they told,after 2days,they email me again, this is the GREENE CLEMENTS SEND me the Home Office UK Border Agency,i fill out the form..il send the copy of my passport.. but the thing is, they said that the UK IMMIGRATION want to know if im capable to live in UK by Depositing a money through Western Union but by my Name..i will put that i am the receiver and they will never withdraw it..im going to withdraw it if im in the UK..and after that they told me after you deposit the money in your name,send me the copy of that receipt..and i will process all the papers..Mr. MARTIN MILLS said to me thats he will shoulder all the expenses..what will i do??please help me..thankyou..
Advertisement

#168059 by Dotti Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm
It is a scam.

The writing tells me that the person who wrote you is African, not British.

Email addresses at lawyer.com are free emails, just like yahoo or gmail addresses. You do not need to be a lawyer to have one, and no legitimate lawyer would use one of these addresses for business.

The "process" they are suggesting is fake, and has nothing to do with the real visa process. You do NOT send money via western union as part of the visa process, ever. When you send the receipt to the scammer, you give him enough information to pick up the money himself. That is exactly what he plans to do, and is the point of this whole scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#170693 by FiatLux Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:13 pm
I want to ask, Do you find that this is a scam or, cos I got the same mail just different family, and the agent was the same,
I will be very thankful to you help.
#247744 by bellab Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 pm
Hi, first of all I'm so sorry to hear that you were (almost) the victim of this scam. Stories of people trying to do this really do make me so angry.

Worrying to me is the fact that the address the people were using to try scam you is actually the address of my mother - who I can assure you has definitely never done anything of the sort!

Did you ever find any more details out about this scam? I found this while doing a simple search for her house - and want to make sure that people aren't continuing to use her own personal address in this way! It's absolutely disgraceful that someone could take someone else's details like this,

Any help you could give in stopping these people would be brilliant.

Thank you,

Bella