Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#171803 by ferpenuela Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:58 pm
Dear Au pair,

How are you today, Hope you had a great summer season? We have seen your profile and are interested in you working for us.
My name is Mrs. Cheryl and the name of my Husband is Dr. Edward along side with my lovely daughter (Kelly) seven years old.
My Husband is a medical doctor enjoys Sports but he is always busy in the office and he is a very hard working person, I am a bank
manager meanwhile my Daughter likes visiting the park, playing with her car toys. We live in a four bedroom detached house in the
Chelsea area of London. Kelly goes to a local school and you are to drop her at school and get her back from school, a car will be made
available for you if you are willing to drive or learn how to drive, I promise you as your host mother that you will stay comfortably with our
family because we are a Christian family. There is a nice English Class around our area, also there other Au pairs living around our area
you will have the time to attend to an English Lesson and the cost will be taken care by my family if you are willing. When would you like to
start work as we really like your cv, so I can send you a contract. Our family is a lovely family who will love you to come and Join us as soon
as you deem fit to come, I promise you that it is going to be a memorable and wonderful time for the family we have longed for the moment
when a lovely Au pair will come and join us. We need au pair to start as soon as possible, you will have every weekend off and we will need
you to do some light housework and do 30-35 hours per week and the salary is 380 GBP per week. I would like to receive your cv and recent
picture for perusal and show it to my husbandfor approval; do you have any contact number? I want to make everything move in a normal and
legal way without any problem because this is our first experience of hosting an Au pair. I wouldn't want anything that will hurt my daughter
and I have promise to be a good mum to her so that she will grow happily, please all we want from you is to take good care of her, take her
like your sister, your friend, play with her and teach her some good cultural exchange. Your accommodation will be a live in the downstairs
area that has a 2 bed room flat with internet access, TV set, Telephone and some other good things that will make you feel at home because
as a mother I know what is good for people both young and old. I hope our communication and relationship would be a fruitful one.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings from my Family.

Mrs. Cheryl Edward.

For The Family.
Advertisement

#171820 by jolly_roger Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:32 am
The same script can be seen at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=66223 and scroll down to a post by shane dated 22 June Twenty Thirteen.
From the 6th of May Twenty Thirteen the same scammer tried with the same script on viewtopic.php?f=42&p=164607
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=116281 and dated 27 July Twenty Twelve.
#222518 by RexanaCC7 Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:53 am
Au Pair Scam is common nowadays. They offer jobs that are well compensated but non-existent. Don't be fooled by them. You need to verify first the authenticity of the offer with the appropriate agency such as the department of foreign affairs, labor and employment agency and the embassies if located abroad. You also need to do the research of the employer or the company offering the job. Hope this helps. :=)

Rexana Cullen