Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#187902 by AlanJones Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:14 am
This is a fake au pair job scam - there is no job, just a scammer looking to steal your money.

Dear Au pair,

We are a cheerful and loving family living in London, England. We are looking for an Au pair/nanny who is easygoing and active to look after our lovely 4year old baby son Benjamin. We are Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Becker, I work with Dongil Engineering Company here in London-UK and i am not usually at home except during weekends.

We require an Au pair/nanny who is caring and fun loving to take care of our son, whilst we are at work .As i am always occupied with work and my wife who is also an international advertising consultant, working with in an oil firm here in the UK. So we are a very busy couple and we do not stay at home regularly, hence the search for an Au pair/Nanny to take good care of our child after school hours.

We are willing to offer you a generous weekly salary of 450GBP and a monthly salary of 1800GBP.(Monday-Friday) . Weekends are your off days, so you can use the opportunity to explore and tour the city. So we require you put in your best. You will also be required to help with some domestic chores around the house.

Additionally if you require a live-in position you will be provided with a comfortable room with en-suite, a television, DVD player, internet service and a land line in our home. If you require a live-out position a suitable apartment with same utilities will also be provided. If you are willing to work with us, we will provide you a personal car that you will use here in London-UK. I shall also get you a job here in London-UK where you can earn more money, during morning hours because you will only be taking care of our child after his school hour which is afternoon-evening. Your duty is to take good care of the child, make sure that he does his school home work on time, prepare his lunch etc. You will also be given an opportunity to attend a language school to learn any language of your choice (tuition fee will be our responsibility). We are a fun loving and caring family, I am sure you will enjoy your stay with us, also your travel cost will also be provided by us. I hope to receive your reply soon along with your resume and some photos of you.

warm regards

Mr. Anthony Becker

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#187927 by AlanJones Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 am
Hello Dear,
i am glad to receive your mail. it is good to know that you are interested in the job offer.we would really love to have you in our home, However,Before my wife and i make our final decision about offering you the job as our au pair,we will like you to send us your CV,some photos of you,and also answer the following questions;

1) Why did you decide to become an au pair?
2) What are your aims and objectives in life?
3) What kind of person are you( your likes and dislikes)?
4) How do you intend to impact positively in my son's life?
5) Do you get angry easily?
6)What is your full name?
7) If offered the job when would you like to start?

I hope to hear from you soon.also attached are photos of my family.

Mr Anthony Becker

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#188177 by AlanJones Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:09 pm
sorry for the delay in reply, i had to consult carefully with my wife and we are pleased to inform you that you have been offered the job as our Au pair in our home.attached is a copy of the contract offer drafted in your name by the barrister at the UK home office. you are to go through the contract offer carefully, fill in the details required and sign at the underlined space given, then you send a scanned copy of the signed document to my email address, so i can forward a copy of the signed offer to the barrister at the UK home to begin processing your travel documents before the proposed resumption date

Mr Anthony Becker

Attached was a fake word document contract

This employment agreement is made as of this day......of ..........., 2014 between:

Mr. Anthony Becker

........................................................................................……...…………

Place of residence:

14 Lonsdale Road, Notting hill, London. W11 2DE,UK.

..................................................................................................………………

hereinafter referred to as "the host or employer" and

....................................................................................…………………………

hereinafter referred to as "the au pair or employee"

Name:

....................................................................................................................…

Born on

....................................................................................................……………………

Nationality:

.........................................................……………………………………………………

Place of residence:

..............................................................................…………………………...........…

GENERAL CONDITIONS

• The au pair shall be received by the host family for a minimum period of Two(2)

months and a maximum period of twelve (12) months

• During this period, the au pair shall be given the opportunity to improve her/his

education, in particular with regard to the language courses, and to increase her/his

general cultural development.

• The agreement shall take effect from the arrival day

DUTIES OF THE HOST

The host undertakes to receive the au pair into the family and to let her/him share the daily

family life; in this connection, he makes the following declaration of whichthe au pair takes

note:

• that the family consists of:

......................................................................................................................................

TWO (2)

Including................................ Adults, ONE (1)

FOUR (4) and...................... Boy, aged

of..............................................................………………

FIVE (5)

• that the family lives in a Duplex consisting of .......……. rooms including......

FOUR (4) NOTTIN HILL, LONDON

.....................bathroom(s), situated around ………................................... and.....

6KILOMETRE

........................ Away from an educational institution where appropriate language courses are

available.

• Occupation of the host:

CONTRACTOR ENGINEER

...............................................................................................………...................

• Occupation of the host's spouse:

ADVERTISING AGENT

....................................................................………………....................................

• The host employs the following domestic staff in the home:

DRIVER AND CHEF

...............................................................................................................................

• The language normally spoken in the household is

THREE (3) MEMBERS

ENGLISH

................................…………………......................................................................

The host shall provide board and lodging for the au pair and shall place at

His/her disposal a separate suitable room or a suitable room shared with the

Family.

ÿ In addition, the host shall pay the au pair salary and pocket money amounting to

1800GBP monthly and 450GBP weekly.

ÿ The au pair's hours of duty shall be organised in such a way as, to allow her/him to

follow courses, and to improve her/his general cultural development and knowledge

of the language.

TWO (2)

ÿ The au pair shall have ................... free day(s) per week and shall have full

opportunity to take part in religious worship.

ÿ In the event of the au pair's falling ill, the host shall continue to provide board and

lodging and shall give all appropriate care until such time as necessary arrangements

have been made.

DUTIES OF THE AU PAIR

30 to 35

The au pair undertakes to participate, for.....................hours per week, in day to day family

duties by furnishing the following services:

ß Prepare the kid for school.

ß Get him to observe their siesta.

ß Help him do their Homework

ß Feed Him.

ß Clean him up and do some light work.

DISCIPLINE: Reasons which could give rise to disciplinary measures are as follows:

ß Causing a disruptive influence in the household.

ß Job incompetence.

ß Conduct during or outside working hours prejudicial to our interest.

ß Unreliability in time- keeping or attendance.

ß Failure to comply with our reasonable instructions or procedures.

In the event of a need for disciplinary action, the procedure will be:

ß First - a verbal warning.

ß Second - a written warning.

ß Third - dismissal without need for further notice.

Reasons which would give rise to summary dismissal would be:

ß Theft or other dishonest offences

ß Drunkenness

ß Illegal Drug taking

ß Child abuse or neglect

The Au pair agrees to comply with any formality necessary on her/his part to enable the host

to fulfil her/his obligations in this agreement.

This agreement has been drawn up in three copies:

• One to be retained by the host,

• One to be retained by the au pair,

• One to be deposited with the UK Home Office.

IF THE TERMS AND CONDITION IS ACCEPTED BY YOU, SIGN, SCAN AND

SEND BACK TO US.

Mr. Anthony Becker

EMPLOYER

#188295 by AlanJones Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:01 pm
Hello XXX,
The barrister at the UK home office just informed me that she has sent you a mail in regards to your travel documents, i want to confirm if you have received it.i will be expecting your reply.

#188296 by AlanJones Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:04 pm
Email from the fake Home Office [email protected]

We the Home office have acknowledged the contents of your mail.

Your Employer Mr Anthony Becker, he advised us to help you in the process of your visa, certificate of Eligibility to work with him here in United Kingdom.

Find below the necessary steps you will take to enable you obtain your work identity card for foreign nationals/Certificate of Eligibility.

Follow the Instruction in the attachment we sending to you thereof
To complete new points-based system (PBS),you must send the following documents and in formations:

--View the attached COE
-- Fill the Visa form sent to you
-- An address reachable by courier services to use receive your document
--Your receipt of proof of Verification/Confirmation Of Mandatory Basic Insurance Funds
(See attachment COEUK2012)for more information

You have to read the attached form carefully and Try to meet up with the border requirements
Requirement should be submitted within 48hrs of receipt of this mail

Please confirm the airport that is convenient for you to enable us effect booking as has been instructed us by your employer.
I wish to promise your safe arrival to London
Get back to me Soon
CONGRATULATIONS

Attached was a visa application and a fake document

ATTN: XXX

Application Ref Number:

UK/IM/233434

st/JANUARY/2014

Date: 21

The UK Home Office is responsible for securing the UK borders and controlling migration in the

United Kingdom. W e manage border control for the UK, enforcing immigration and customs

regulations. W e also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the UK, citizenship

and asylum.

Disclaimer:

The UK Home Office wishes to authoritatively inform applicants seeking for immigration

status into the UK not to make any payments for processing of Work Permit, Visa and/or

Expatriate Quota Approval. Approval for entry (Visa) into the UK is executed by the

Nearest British Embassy or Consulate within the applicants country of residence or

location after certification and issuance of Visa Approval to the applicant by the UK

Home Office as at the time of application. EU A p p l i c a n t s p le a s e a p p l y f or Na t i o n al

Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card only.

The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry

into the UK, by:

Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entering

the UK for Business or Pleasure throughout the duration of the validity of the

Entry Visa.

Ensuring that the applicant, has the minimum stipulated financial requirement to

earn the needed points for Entry/Work Approval, going by the new point-based

system for immigration in 2010

Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to Live, Work and carry out business

activities in the UK legally.

The new points-based system (PBS) is the biggest shake up of the immigration system for 45

years.

Under the new system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before they

receive National Insurance Number, work Scheme Card and supporting paperwork for the UK.

It will help UK business recruit the skills it needs from abroad and assure the British public that

only the skilled migrants will need to come to the UK. The role of employees/migrants with

qualifying financial base is crucial to its success.

W e would like to acknowledge receipt of your application for National Insurance Number and

Work Scheme Card. Mr. ANTHONY BECKER is your Host in the UK and shall fulfill

necessary hosting requirement to support your application in due course.

National Insurance Number and work Scheme Card would be issued to you before you can

work after appropriate registration with the Social Service Bureau to fulfill 2010 requirements for

applicants coming to work in the United Kingdom as Au pair

Apart from sponsorship from UK Based Employers, workers in Social Service Category (i.e Au

pair, Babysitter, Nanny) coming to live and work in the UK are mandated to have a minimum

of 650GBP, which is the stipulated financial requirement/basic applicant insurance

allowance that must be in possession of the applicant/employee into the UK. You must be

able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself. This is to certify that you can be

responsible for you, your maintenance as mandated by UK Insurance policies to protect and

secure au pairs financially. The mandatory insurance allowance for is 650GBP. National

Insurance process is for the security and wellbeing of the applicant and is mandatory.

Note: This is not a payment but a deposit to ensure that you can cater for your needs and

support yourself once you arrive here before you receive your first salary from your

Employer.

The UK Home Office would ensure via this means that only eligible applicants who are

financially capable are allowed entry into the UK and must be completed to fulfill

availability of funds in cases of Emergency and for full financial security of the

applicant/worker before receipt of first week salary and benefits from Employers.

This process is solely for proof that you have the stipulated financial requirement as per an

applicant seeking to enter the United Kingdom despite sponsorship from your Employer for your

financial security and would take 24hrs for confirmation hence follow the detailed instructions for

confirmation of immigrant travel allowance below.

PROCEDURE: VERIFICATION/ CONFIRMATION OF MANDATORY BASIC

INSURANCE FUNDS

The following process has been adopted following the new-points based system to earn

the needed points for issuance of National Insurance Number, Work Scheme Card and
Supporting d o c u m e n t s .Bank statements were hitherto accepted, however due to
falsification of bank statements which does not compulsorily certify/surety that the
applicant would enter the Country with the mandatory insurance allowance/financial
requirement, we no longer accept bank statements as final travel guarantee for the Basic

Travel Allow ance
Important (As per Immigration policies, this process must be completed by anyone you wish to
stand in as your next of kin; aware of your intended travel to the UK, this can either be your close
friend or a close acquaintance )

To meet the above requirement your c lose fam ily m emb er o r re lat ive, c lo se
fr ie nd, e or s e le cte d ne xt of k in is to make a deposit of the stipulated financial
requirement of 650GBP with Your name as the receiver To UK via any MONEY GRAM
SHOP OR WESTERN UNION OFFICE as proof that you have secured funds to support
yourself when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer:

Sender can be any of the suggested individuals above at your discretion that you wish to be
aware of your travel to the UK.

Receiver: Must be you the primary immigrant ( XXX)

Payout/Destination Country: United Kingdom

Note: You must ensure that the sender is any of the above as instructed and the receiver is you
for the security of your funds.

Your close acquaintance, family member, close friend or selected next of kin should Visit the
nearest Money gram shop or western union office close to you and make the deposit of 650GBP
with your name as the receiver to United Kingdom which is your insurance allowance following
the transfer instructions above carefully for our verification and confirmation.

Application Checklist: You are to send the following application requirements:
Confirm Courier Address for Shipment of Hard Copies of your National Insurance

Documents, Work Scheme Card and supporting documents.

Scan the receipt of the deposit of your financial requirement including the Money
Transfer Verification Number to enable our office perform Verification of the deposit. This
is usually carried out within 24hrs.

Note: Ensure that the receiver is you so that only you can withdraw the deposit after the
Verification of deposit has been carried out. This is not a payment but a deposit for
verification which is why it is in your name as the receiver and to also fulfill that you have
funds to support yourself as is the mandatory process for your financial security w hen
you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer.

Confirmation of Basic Insurance Allowance satisfies the requirement for release of
Relocation Package (ERP). Relocation Package protects the right of immigrants and
ensures full compliance to terms and conditions of contract engagement by UK
Employers.

The instructions above would earn you the needed points under the point-based system for the
release of your Certificate of Eligibility, Social Worker Identity Card, Work Scheme Card and
supporting documents to legalize your work status here.

UK Border Agency,
UK Immigration and Nationality,
Directorate, integrated casework,
Directorate, Block C Whitgift,
Center Croydon CR9 2AT,
United Kingdom.

……………………………………… ………………………………….

Barr. Susan Watford Mr. DAVID JAMES
(Immigrant Solicitor) (Public Relation officer)

#188563 by AlanJones Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:04 pm
ATTENTION APPLICANT,
To make the deposit,You are to visit any moneygram shop or outlet in your locality and make the deposit as instructed, using your name as the receiver and the name of any close friend or acquaintance as the sender. Then you send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to my mail for verification. I hope you understand clearly now. Good Luck
Barr. Susan Watford

#294362 by ariam23 Tue May 10, 2016 3:24 pm
I had the same experience as well! If hadn't googled the address..Thank you! I am feeling such an idiot. I am also planning on talking about this with my professor in law to see which authority i can contact in order to press charges against him/her.The only difference with is that he appeared as Mr David Saw.