Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#195806 by vickyvrescot Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm
Hello!
I just almost got scammed. I am currently looking for an Au Pair position and I got and e-mail a few days ago.

I was Just wondering if you're still available as an Au pair for my little girl Laura,

We are a family of 3 from Florida.

Please email me of your interest so I can tell you more about the family and send more pictures.My profile is on

http://www.aupair-world.net/index.php/a ... ?a=2231331

Best Regards

After I replied, that I can´t see their profile on this website, they sent me an e-mail about their family.

Hi XYZ,
Thanks for your interest in our family, am sorry I couldn't reply so fast,there's a whole lot of buying and selling of houses going on and also had to talk to my husband before emailing you, am sure it'll be exciting if eventually you become our Au pair because to be candid , we are talking to other girls also to see who suits our needs best.
My husband and I both work out of the house each day for work, I must say we are a busy couple. I work with the Jills Real Estate Team here in Florida as Realtor, so I am with clients and out of the house more often than my husband. Kurt works with Unified payments, one of Florida's top payment processing services to merchants across the U.S. and we are blessed with this gorgeous 3 year old girl Laura .
We live Miami in Florida which is the second Largest city and has the Largest concentration of international banks in the United States, of in America which has several historic districts, an art museum, a symphony orchestra, universities, city parks, and of course the Famous beaches. Music is everywhere here, from rising artists to famous musicians, singers, and songwriters. The weather here is beautiful –with hot and humid summers and short, warm winters, marked with a drier season in the winter.

Laura's school and activities is just within few minutes minutes of our home but I think she'll be home much more for summer. She's a wonderful kid and means the world to us, she's funny playful and intelligent , we enrolled her at kindergarten and she goes to school three mornings a week. She likes chocolates and watching cartoons and off course she ask lots of questions. She absolutely loves to swim and love to do arts and crafts at home, as well as visit the park, children's museum, play centers, and the recreation center (that has an indoor pool year round) , when our outdoor pool is closed.
Our family style is mostly casual, warm and informal. We are excited to have someone from another country and culture, who speaks another language besides English, as part of our household,we enjoy being outside and barbecuing, cook on our outside grill and socialize with friends and also We belong to a recreation center/gym.We also don't have any pets, we don't smoke and we would appreciate if you don't smoke around house and definately not in front of our girl but you are allowed to drink but up to a point where you know when to stop. We also do go on vacations and we would always want you along with us.
Your duty schedules mostly around Laura,In the morning get her dressed for school, walk her down to the bus pick up point by 8am, help her with after school activities, get her food, watch cartoons together tell her stories about your country , about kids you've been with and few words in your language and watch over her, till we get back home, usually we are home before 5pm except special over times which you'll be duly compensated for.In the evenings you might want to take a walk together with her around the street or have her bike riding and evenings she has her night bath and the put on her pyjamas .Weekend will be free for you because we get to spend time together at home and maybe hang with friends, or visit the beach so you can go anywhere you want that's if you like going out. But some weekends we do go shopping so would want you come with us, its always fun.

Please aware that you might be required to help with some little house work but definitely not cleaning as we have a cleaner come do that and you are not required to do laundry, just light housework like putting Laura's room in order and teaching her how to tidy up her room and sometimes help me with cooking and dishes after we might have eaten.
Also I think I need to tell you this because we have a common approach of sitting together at the table and eating and thereby share views of how to move the family forward, what's needed in the house house ans stuffs, we wouldn't want to see you or have Laura see you as an Au pair but a part of the family and someone to look up to.

We are somewhat flexible and can work out a schedule that suits you as our Au pair while covering our needs as well.
Your duties doesn't not involve cleaning or doing the Laundry as we already have a cleaner who comes by the house to do that but we might have you cook some foreign dishes sometimes or assist me in cooking and definitely we do the dishes together after eating.
We are mandated to pay you the Au pair salary of $275 weekly which amounts to $1,100 at the end of the month, you will also be compensated an extra $70 every week for petty expenses which you might need for personally and we might review this when you arrive and impress us.
Our Au Pair's room is private with the best bathroom in the house and a sitting area, television, telephone, a PC with internet connection, and closet, its next to Laura's room. We have had an Au pair before and its was good, if you would want to get a view of us from her, I'll be glad to give you her contact details. I don't know if am meant to mention this but you'll be staying with us so basically we'll be feeding you and paying all bills incurred except for a few personal stuffs you might need.
There are also several English classes where many Au pairs in the area take classes as it compulsory for the Host family to enroll the Au pair in an English class as mandated by the law , its also an opportunity to meet and socialize with other young people but I think they have a kinda Au pair forum where Au pairs from around meet and talk.

There are a host of schools and employment opportunities here in Miami if you decide to stay after you Au pair time with us, I can talk to my husband or you can walk up to him yourself and talk to him, he has lots of friends who works in the government and can help change the status of your Visa.

Just a few questions I'll wanna ask is your experience with kids of Laura's Age , not necessarily as an Au pair but you already told me . I'll also wanna know If you do have a valid passport which is needed for your Visa Application.
I'll so wanna know how your family feels about you going far away from home.
Email me if you have any more questions and let me know of you intentions if you're willing to be our Au pair and for how long you'll wanna stay, as soon as you've responded , I can talk to my husband so we can make a decision and we can get to processing your travel documents.
Love Crystal LAURA Kurt

They also send me pictures, I will upload them later. I was really interested, because they seemed like a lovely family. So then I replied to them and got the following answer.

Hi XYZ,

Thanks for your message am excited you like our family, I forgot to give you our home address in my last email its 9681 Southwest 164th Court, Florida, United States, you can look for it https://maps.google.com it’s the house with the white and black Honda cars, you can use the street view options to check this and you can also move down the street to see how the area looks like.
I had a long talk with my husband about you and he agreed it better we have another Au pair experience since the last one was fantastic we didn't want her to go but she had to because her Mom wasn't feeling too good.her contact is [email protected]
while waiting for your pictures I told laura different things about you and your country and all she had was smiles on her face and she asked if you would get her cookies and chocolates when coming because she’s gonna ask as soon as she gets to see you at the Airport lol. I wouldn't know if you could afford my husband a soccer Jersey of your National team because he’s a soccer fan, as for me I don't know yet, maybe a language book or something but will let you know when I decide.

Like I said before if you're interested then we should proceed to your Visa processing, like you know the American Visa application is a very complicated process, that’s why the Government made it easy by introducing came about with the Au pair Agencies processing Au pairs with which we are enrolled.
They helped with our Last Au pair and it was fast and stress free so I believe its best in both our interest we apply again through them.
You could apply for an American B-1 Visitors Visa or come with an ESTA rather than a J-1 Au pair Visa but it would be illegal to work while staying with us on a Visitor’s Visa or ESTA and might cause result in serious consequences with the law.So you'll definitely be applying for a J1 Visa.
The Agency helps in securing your visa, preparing your employment contract an work documents, they also provide medical/health insurance, flight tickets also serves as a guide for you while in the states, they visit a number of times and talk to Au pair about the Host family and if they’re really getting along and if they have any complaints.They ensure the security of the Au pair at all times.
They also do Police background checks for the Host family and also the Au pair in order to be sure of the safety of both Au pair and Host family and they also have our credit line checked so they can be certain we can actually afford having an Au pair.
We are perfect with your dates and availability so if you agree with this arrangement I’ll then make contact with our Au pair Agency and they should get in touch with you and register you with their Au pair Abroad Program and inform you of the needed steps to obtain your visa.
I attached more pictures and that of the room provided for you. Sorry its may look a little bit untidy but will have it cleaned up before you arrive.
I hope to read from you soon.

Love Crystal LAURA Kurt

They attached the photos of the bedroom and the bathroom that was supposed to be mine. As I was really interested, I replied them, that they can give my e-mail address to the agency. I got an e-mail from the "agency" the next day.

Management wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding the arrangement of your Traveling Documents to the United State of America. We promise to offer you the best which you will be glad you did. The Agency is a U.S. State Department-designated sponsor for an Au pair cultural exchange program. They bring to their program more than 20 years of experience in cultural exchange and hosting Au pairs with carefully screened American families. Our experience in the travel industry has served our clients well over last several years. And we are fully ASTA and ATOL protected travel agent which means your money is fully guaranteed.
ATOL – which is short for “Air Travel Organizers' licensing” – exists to protect the public from losing money or being stranded abroad because of the failure of air travel firms. It was first introduced in 1972 and it gives comprehensive consumer protection to 28 million people in the UK and USA who buy flights or air holidays each year.

We have been told by one of our Host Families (Jennings Family with family ID MOORE-FL101813 living in Florida, USA) to contact you. As an official Au pair placement agency designated by the United States Department of State, Au Pair Care will sponsor your J-1 Au pair visa, organize your travel to and from the United States, and provide you with training and support throughout the year. We promise never to disappoint you as we have never failed in fulfilling our promises.

We would request that you strictly download, print, read through, fill carefully and send back to us via this email address scanned copy of the duly filled forms attached to this mail, it contains all necessary information you need in regards to the Total cost and the documents requested from you to provide so that we can successfully process all your Travel document, Visa and Flight Ticket(Round trip).

For the Cost and the Child Care Agreement Form for download, read and fill carefully the attached PDF document file titled-Crystal Moore Au Pair Agreement stated in this attached is the total cost of $1,434 as an Au pair.

For your EurAupair Application Form and list of required documents you will have to provide, download read carefully and Fill the attached Word Document file titled- EurAupair Application Form. We expect you to get back to us with the filled forms not more than a week from now, so that we can schedule a provisional flight ticket for you to confirm and inform you on how to make payment.

Note: That we cannot proceed with if we do not receive the scanned copies of the duly filled form, these forms enable us to register you with EurAupair Program as an Au Pair and it also provide all necessary information that we will require to process your Visa and other travel documents so once the payment is made with a detailed submission of all the duly filled forms then we can start processing of your Visa, Flight ticket and every other travel documents.

TERMS AND REGULATIONS

EurAupair, Inc. work in full term and condition with all international Visa & Working Permit Agency for all travelers in Countries that are not in the same country with the agency of their choice.

Which allow for the Following Terms and Regulations:

- All Document necessary must be valid and certified in the country of the traveler

-The photo Page of the passport of all traveler must show the original personality in physical.

- Visa charges and work permit fees must be paid directly to the Consulate of the Country the traveler is going which is in affiliation with the Immigration Department of the country the traveler is traveling from.

- All Customers Processing Visa of the country of their choice with Agencies in the country of their choice must send along with other necessary document the photo page of their Passport which will serve as evident of legibility at the Consulate of their country of their choice in their location.

- All Customers Processing Visa of the country of their choice with Agencies in the country of their choice must have a mailing address where all necessary document which include letter of invitation to the country of their choice by Consulate of the country, letter of invitation by their host family and Faxed papers for Visa charges payment will be mailed to.

- Payment which was recently added in the advent of cyber-crimes disallow any form of payment without cash therefore Bank check, Credit Cards, Money orders are not accepted for payment for any service. In keeping these regulations legible applicants who are not in the same location with the traveling agency of the choice will only make payment via the host family, Bank transfer to our agency representative.

Thanks for contacting us in anticipation of your response.

"At EurAupair we are interested in getting you to your destination in style and comfort."

Salma El Yacoubi

EurAupair Intercultural Child Care Programs

Southern Regional Director

(949) 484-6972

EurAuPair Incorporated does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, Vietnam-era veterans status or any other discrimination prohibited by law in the processing of Au pairs, administration of its training policies, employment policies and other Au Pair sponsored programs or activities.

It seemed all well, they sent me documents I have to fill in. I asked a previous LCC if the agency EurAuPair is good and she told me it´s one of the biggest agencies, so I was ready to reply to them and send them all the money they wanted.

I also wrote to the previous "au pair" they had and I got a reply from her too.

¡Hola XYZ

Am sorry I didn't see your email soon, I've been at my grandmother house and I have to go to a internet place to check my email, I guess you're the new Au pair they are going to the family. Am Cristina

I worked with Mrs Moore from January till summer 2013 its was so so exciting but I had to gone home to my family and till some other time I think I will try the Au pair experience again later this year.

To me Mrs Moore is nice and very hardworking woman, she sells houses to people she go to work very early and comes back home late at times, but she really take me like a member of the family and we also do things together, at times when she feels like talking, she take me out and talk to me as if we were mates and go back. Laura is friendly too, you should not have problem with her but she talk very much and ask a lot of question and likes playing a lot and eats lots of sweet things. At first she was home with me during the summer , we all; go to the beach sometime or at times the park on weekends and when she resumed school all I do is to help her in the morning to ready for school and then walk her to where she gets picked and also bring her back when she comes back and play with her ride bikes and sometimes I help Mrs Moore to prepare food, later on I get to know it is compulsory to attend an English school because in America it is compulsory to go to English schools and the Host family will be the one to pay $500 dollar so I do go to school 3 times in a week and there I meet lot of friends from different part of the world.

But I must tell you she's also strict like every mother too, she hates when you over pamper Laura and she likes to correct her when she do things wrong.But me am always friends with her it is so exciting we make a schedule together and it was fun.

Her husband is is also nice too, am not too sure where he work but i think some computer but we are not that close, things only if he goes shopping and buys gifts for the whole family then he buy me things too. He was with them at the Airport when I arrive and they are all smiling and so happy to see me. We also use to travel together and go to many places like the Bahamas and other part of USA.

Am also not sure if you come with the same Agency ,I came to USA with Euraupair with the help of Mrs Salma, she give me some documents to fill, after filling them, I send them back to him with her email and after that she gave me a flight and say I should confirm if I like the flight or she change it for me, then I tell herI like it and he now send me a payment form which I used to pay, and after that all was OK. My flight was from Mallorca to Madrid , we have few hours to stop over in Madrid then we fly to Miami International and I arrived in Miami Airport to meet with my host family and I got chocolates and gifts for all of them. It all took a little more than a month for all this to happen. They also have agents at the Airport waiting for me to welcome me and tell me things about Florida.

At the end of my stay they also give me 2 weeks to go see my friends and travel the USA and i went lot of places before going back home.

We also have an Au pair forum some weekends if you want to attend, there you can meet different Au pairs from places. It is fun there but sometimes boring during the week when Laura is not at home.

You can ask me anything you want to.

adiós Cristina

I felt really lucky. I got the same day the last e-mail from my "host mum".

Hi XYZ,

Thanks for your message and I finally completed my application with the Agency and returned my signed copy of the contract document so I believe they should be in contact with you soon. I believe corporate email often goes into the promotions or spam folder, let me know if you get it.

Once they contact you , all you need do is fill in the documents required and email to them, if you have questions anywhere , you can email them or send me an email too.

Will be waiting for your email as we all are anxious to have you here.

Email me as soon as you can

Love Crystal

It´s when I started to worry a little, because I already was contacted by the agency, so I googled a little. I thought the agency wanted too much money from me and I wanted to make sure the fee is really that high, so I visited the official website of the agency. And they really had an employee with this name, but her e-mail address should be other, so I wrote to the official facebook page od the agency to make sure if it´s their employee sending me the e-mail or not. They replied to me, that it´s fake, so then I googled more, and found out that there is no Realtor with my host mums name in this Real Estate Team.

They used the following e-mail addresses:
[email protected] - Host mum Crystal Moore
[email protected] - Salma El Yacoubi - from the agency (she really works for EurAuPair agency, but it´s a fake e-mail).
[email protected] - Cristina Laura Perez - previous Au Pair
Advertisement

#195808 by Smith Jones Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:10 pm
Hi vickyvrescot and welcome to scamwarners. Thank you for posting your information here and I applaud you for having good instincts when you thought things didn't sound quite right. That's the problem- scammers get really close to looking like the real thing because they are professional liars and they know just how to hook you. You did your homework and that's good - you get to put the emphasis on the word "almost" instead of sending your money and seeing it disappear.
Please look through this section for more information on these scams, especially if you plan on applying for more opportunitie. And remember, even if it doesn't follow exactly what you see, if you have any questions and need us to check it out, we're here.
#196038 by palomagr Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:22 pm
Hi Vicky, we've been through the same proccess. I contacted "Tammy Roberts" in that au pair world page and we started talking via email. I attach you the emails here (I think they will sound familiar to you...)
Hi Paloma,

Hi Paloma,

Thanks for your interest in our family, am sorry I couldn't reply so fast, had to talk to my husband before emailing you, am sure it'll be exciting been our Au pair here in Miami

My husband and I both work out of the house each day for work, I must say we are a busy couple. I work with the Jills Real Estate Team here in Florida as Realtor, so I am with clients and out of the house more often than my husband. Mike works with Unified payments, one of Florida's top payment processing services to merchants across the U.S. and we are blessed with 2 wonderful kids Steve the older and he's 4 and Claire the younger who's 3 years old.

We live Miami in Florida which is the second Largest city and has the Largest concentration of international banks in the United States of America, it has several historic districts, an art museum, a symphony orchestra, universities, city parks, and lakes. Music is everywhere here, from rising artists to famous musicians, singers, and songwriters and the Famous beach. The weather here is beautiful –with hot and humid summers and short, warm winters, marked with a drier season in the winter.

The kids school and activities is just within few minutes of our home. They're both a wonderful kids mean the world to us, They're both funny playful and intelligent and behave alike and love doing things together ,that's why we enrolled them at the same school and goes to school 4 days a week. They both like chocolates and watching cartoons and off course Steve ask lots of questions while Claire is more quiet and reserved. They absolutely love to swim and but Steve plays football while Claire loves bike riding and love to do arts and crafts at home, as well as visit the park, children's museum, play centers, and the recreation center (that has an indoor pool year round) , when our community pool is closed.

Our family style is very simple, warm and informal. We are excited to have someone from another country and culture, who speaks another language besides English, as part of our household,we enjoy being outside and barbecuing, cook on our outside grill and socialize with friends and also We belong to a recreation center/gym.We also don't have any pets, we don't smoke and we would appreciate if you don't smoke around house and definitely not in front of our kids but you are allowed to drink but up to a point where you know when to stop. We also do go on vacations and we would always want you along with us. we often visit the Bahamas which is quite closer to us.

Your duty schedules mostly around the kids ,In the morning help them get dressed for school, walk them down to the bus pick up point by 8am, help them with after school activities, get their food, watch cartoons together tell them stories about your country , about kids you've been with and few words in your language just for them to get that impression of other countries apart from the USA and watch over them till we get back home, usually we are home before 5pm except special over times which you'll be duly paid for.In the evenings you might want to take a walk together with the kids around the street or have them bike riding and evenings they both have their night bath and the put on their pyjamas .Weekend will be free for you because we get to spend time together at home and maybe hang with friends, or visit the beach so you can go anywhere you want that's if you like going out.

We are somewhat flexible and can work out a schedule that suits you as our Au pair while covering our needs as well. I would want you to be like a guardian to her, someone she looks up to, more like a member of the family rather than just be their Au pair.
Your duties doesn't not involve cleaning or doing the Laundry as we already have a cleaner who comes by the house to do that but we might have you cook some foreign dishes sometimes or assist me in cooking and definitely we do the dishes together after eating.

We are mandated to pay you the Au pair salary of $275 weekly which amounts to $1,100 at the end of the month, you will also be compensated an extra $50 every week for petty expenses which you might need for personally and we might review this when you arrive and impress us.

Our Au Pair's room is private with the best bathroom in the house and a sitting area, television, telephone, a PC with internet connection, and closet, its next to the kid's room. We have had an Au pair before and its was good, if you would want to get a view of us from her, I'll be glad to give you her contact details. I don't know if am meant to mention this but you'll be staying with us so basically we'll be feeding you and paying all bills incurred except for a few personal stuffs you might need.

There are also several English classes where many Au pairs in the area take classes as it compulsory for the Host family to enroll the Au pair in an English class as mandated by the law and pay, its also an opportunity to meet and socialize with other young people but I think they have a kinda Au pair forum where Au pairs from around meet and talk.

There are a host of schools and employment opportunities and good schools here in Miami if you decide to stay after you Au pair time with us, I can talk to my husband or you can walk up to him yourself and talk to him, he has lots of friends who works in the government and can help change the status of your Visa.

Just one questions I'll wanna ask is your experience with kids of same age as my kids and if you probably have more picture with you and kids, you can email them.
I'll also wanna know If you both do have a valid passport which is needed for your Visa Application.

I'll so wanna know how your families feel about you going far away from home and lastly the cost for both of u coming down.

Email me if you have any more questions and let me know of you intentions if you're willing to be our Au pair and for how long you'll wanna stay, as soon as you've responded , I can talk to my husband so we can make a decision and we can get to processing your travel documents and you employment contract.

Love Tammy

I answered her as I was so interested.... and this was the answer:

Hi Paloma and Omar,

Thanks for your message am excited you like our family, I forgot to give you our home address in my last email its 9681 Southwest 164th Court, Florida, United States, you can look for it https://maps.google.com it’s the house with the white and black Honda cars, you can use the street view options to check this and you can also move down the street to see how the area looks like.

I had a long talk with my husband about you and he agreed it better we have another Au pair experience since the last one was fantastic we didn’t want her to go but she had to because her Mom wasn’t feeling too good and we agreed about the Au pair couple.

I also showed the kids your pictures and told them different things about you, Omar and your country and all they had was smiles on their faces and asked if you would get them cookies and chocolates when coming because they're gonna ask as soon as they get to see you at the Airport lol. I wouldn’t know if you could afford my husband a soccer Jersey of your National team because he’s a soccer fan, for me am still thinking maybe a language book but we wouldn't want to stress you that much

Like I said before if you're interested then we should proceed to your Visa processing, like you know the American Visa application is a very complicated process, that’s why the Government made it easy by introducing came about with the Au pair Agencies processing Au pairs with which we are enrolled.

They helped with our Last Au pair and it was fast and stress free so I believe its best in both our interest we apply again through them.

You could apply for an American B-1 Visitors Visa or come with an ESTA rather than a J-1 Au pair Visa but it would be illegal to work while staying with us on a Visitor’s Visa or ESTA and might cause result in serious consequences with the law.So you'll definitely be applying for a J1 Visa.

The Agency helps in securing your visa, preparing your employment contract an work documents, they also provide medical/health insurance, flight tickets also serves as a guide for you while in the states, they visit a number of times and talk to Au pair about the Host family and if they’re really getting along and if they have any complaints.They ensure the security of the Au pair at all times.

They also do Police background checks for the Host family and also the Au pair in order to be sure of the safety of both Au pair and Host family and they also have our credit line checked so they can be certain we can actually afford having an Au pair.

We are perfect with your availability so if you agree with this arrangement I’ll then make contact with our Au pair Agency and they should get in touch with you and register you with their Au pair Abroad Program and inform you of the needed steps to obtain your visa.

I attached pictures of the room provided for you. Sorry it might look a little bit and am hoping its not too small for you both. Let me know if its Okay.

If there is any other thing you need to ask me , feel free to do and if I have other questions , I'll inform you.

I hope to read from you soon.

Love Tammy

As you can see, its a copy-paste scam. The emails are exactly the same but they change some info. Today I got contacted by the agency, and as they have a partner in Spain I called them, and I also called the central office in California, and they told me that this was probably a scam, because they would have recomended me to directly contact their partner in my country. So when I searched the number their "agency" gave me, I came to this. Apparently its the only data they haven't changed, so thats why I found your post and I'm glad I did!
I'm not going to copy the agency email because you already have it lol.

Please could you post the pictures? I'd love to see if the pictures are also the same...

Love
Paloma
#196045 by Dotti Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:47 pm
I'm glad you also recognized the scam.

It is important to realize that in addition to many other requirements, you MUST have a face-to-face interview with a representative of the au pair agency, in English, before you are eligible for any au pair position in the US.

Anyone who offers you a visa or a position when this has not occurred should be assumed to be a scammer.

If you are looking to be an au pair in the US, you are probably better off going through the agency application process with one of the official agencies on the US government website before looking for a family.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#196047 by palomagr Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:59 pm
Well I actually recognised the scam because I told her that I was only available for 3 months and she told me that it was ok...when the law says that you have to stay a minimum of 12 months... anyway I wasn't going to pay any money lol
#196065 by vickyvrescot Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 pm
Thank you all for replies. For now I am not thinking of being an Au Pair in the USA, maybe in one or two years (I am going to the UK, where I found a nice family). But when Idecide in the future to go to the USA I would definitely apply to an agency and find a family through them. But if some other scammers will contact me, I will post it there. :) And I am attaching also the photos they sent me.

Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Obscured childs photo's
#196105 by AlanJones Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 am
Vicky, I don't know where you found your UK family or your age and nationality or how you are applying for your UK visa, but the UK au pair visa requirements are very restrictive on which nationalities are eligible - they are detailed here https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility. If you do not meet those requirements then you can not be an au pair in the UK.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#196151 by palomagr Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:43 am
Well the pics they sent me were different. I feel sorry for the real families who dont even know someone is using their boys pictures to scam people.
Im you found a family! I am going this summer to London to work but not as an au pair.
Good luck!
#208557 by Matthieu V Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:26 pm
Hi,

my girlfriend has recently been in touch with "Crystal Moore". Unfortunately, she actually just got scammed. It was the exact same process described by vickyvrescot but it ended up by making the deposits, money transfers, buying the flight tickets, etc. All that has been done pretty quickly in maybe 1 month. It's only today, after waiting for a "letter" from the USA for more than the 5-days announced by the "agency", that she called the actual agency EurAuPair and found out that they had no file at her name. I am so pissed I hadn't googled Crystal Moore, nor having looked a little bit closer about the conversations, the agency and everything else. Anyway, it ended up by getting scammed.

If anyone else has been scammed by "Crystal Moore", please get in touch.

What are the chances to get back the money (about $3K), or to catch the scammers, whoever they are ? I am writing this message off the cuff, as we just found out 3 hours ago and did not make any inquiries about the procedure yet.

Any help or testimonies would be much appreciated.

Matthieu
#235806 by gotscammed... Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 am
Hi!
I got scammed By Crystal Moore few months ago. I was registered in Aupair World but she contacted me in Facebook and linked her profile in Aupair World but I couldn`t see her profile in there either. So after that we emailed about two months and she send me the precisely same pictures from Laura and Kurt that someone had posted here. We also did the process with the "Agency" which was supposed to be EurAupair organization but was fake of course but that only made me trust more. I paid twice for the "Agency" so my money loss was more than 1 thousand dollars. Suddenly Crystal got ill and didnt email anything so we started google her name because we knew that something was wrong and I found this page and my world crashed. I havent been able to write before because this has been such a dissapointment in my life. We contacted a police about this but they said that these cases are unfortenitely common and it is very hard to catch them and I will never get my money back. I still cant always believe that this happened to me and that there are really so evil people who are able to do anything to get more money! I am very sorry for your cases of course but it is comforting to hear that I am not the only one. Its great that you wrote it here!