Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#197524 by Daiana Grace Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 pm
Hi everyone, there is one family who would like me to be an au pair, and they are from miami florida, he told me to send an email that i would be the next au pair of their family... here is the -mail that he sent me... [email protected] is this not a scam??? is this valid?? lookin forward for your quick response thank you and God Bless...
Advertisement

#197525 by Mike Wilson Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:13 pm
Hello Daiana Grace,
This is a scam and [email protected] is not an official US government email address. This is a free email address the scammer is using to try and steal money from you.
Please post the text of email as this will help others that may be looking for information on this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#197918 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:36 am
I think I was speaking to the same person! Is his name Grant Barnett? Because he gave me that e-mail address too.
#197919 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:37 am
Oops, sorry. Just read the rest of the post with the e-mail. :) but it probably is the same person, though.
#197923 by AlanJones Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:58 am
Please post any emails/pictures you received from the scammer claiming to be Grant Barnett and the email address that he uses.

To reiterate what Mike Wison said, [email protected] is not an official US government email address and the job you are being offered does not exist.

Please see the sticky thread at the top of this forum for details of the only way to apply to be an au pair in the USA.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#197963 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:43 pm
the e-mail address was [email protected]

Hello ,
Thanks for your brief message. I am Mr. Grant Barnett, I work as Head Of accounting for Wellsfargo Bank, and my wife work as a Manager in an Insurance company in Myrtle Beach, USA. I have a wonderful boy named Harry and he is 4 year old. Due to the extremely busy nature of our job and our tight business schedule, we have little or no time to spend with Harry, so i need a reliable and GOD fearing Aupair/Nanny who will take care of Harry and also be a mentor to him as he grows, because I am always ''busy and always traveling',trying to take care of our businesses around the world, so you will be in position to take absolute care of Harry.

The job will require that you relocate to Miami FL if you are willing to pick up the offer and all responsibility shall be taken care of by me.
The incentives attached to the job includes the following:
--A private accommodation for you.
--Your personal car(if you know how to drive)
--A weekly pocket money of $255
--A monthly salary of $1650
--We are also willing to support you financially in any language school if you desire to attend one.

All these incentives will be put in place just to encourage you to perform well and be dedicated to the job. If you are willing and ready to pick up this job, please email me back and i will explain more about me and my son.

Warm Regards,
Mr & Mrs. Barnett
+1786-567-7748

He sent this same message to my friend
Last edited by Naamloos123 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#197964 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:44 pm
Hello,
Thanks so much for your diligent reply, I want you to know that I am very happy to hear from you again which shows that you are eager to join my family and i bet you;you wont regret being with my family..I have a very loving family & will welcome the right candidate & make them feel very welcome and respected in my house.

Things we Enjoy:
As a family we enjoy barbecue (weather permitting), socializing,generally having fun, reading, computers, TV, my son love computer games and arts & crafts.

Who I seek for:
I am seeking an Au Pair who is honest, reliable, kind & considerate. I would like some English to be spoken, but am happy to provide & pay for an English course for the successful applicant! I am looking for someone to join our family and help take some of the day to day pressure off me so that we can all enjoy the good things of family life.

Your Duties Are:
From 7 am - 8:45. Walk Harry to school and pick him up again at 3:15. care for him from 3:15 - approx 6:30 including feeding him.

Our Family:
Food is another great love of ours - given the time I enjoy cooking. We are practising Catholics but accept and respect others belief. Additionally take him to various activities after school activities like - Ballet, tap, jujitsu, brownies etc.

House Work:
Care for Harry in school, holidays. Light housework - mainly-keeping the kitchen and living room clutter free.

Accommodation:
You will have your Private Room which will have Bathroom, Television and Toilet . You will have access to the Internet and a Telephone at home to get in touch with your friends and loved ones... You will be having, Saturdays and Sundays as your off days, so to enable you have enough time for yourself. I will like you to start by May/June, and preferably stay for between 6-9 months.

I will like to ask you some question Considering the Job..

What are your expectations of me as your new Family?

Have you traveled outside your country before?

Do you have any criminal record?

Do you like pet?

Do you know how to cook?

Do you have particular illnesses, allergies or handicaps?

Do you have a valid U.S Visa and Work Permit?

Hope To Read Back From You.
Mr. Grant Barnett.
Last edited by Naamloos123 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#197965 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:45 pm
Hello ,
Thanks so much for your heart warm message, I always feel happy whenever I read from you, how you doing and hope you are having a wonderful time over there? All what you said in your mail impress me a lot, my wife and I are very much happy that we made the right choice choosing you as our new aupair and we promise to treat you as part of the family member. Can you please send some of your recent pictures so can Harry and my wife (Ann). I have something important to discuss with you, we are God fearing and Christian family and we go to church every Sunday and when you join us here soon we would also want you to go along to church with us every Sunday, is this a problem to you? Well I would be needing you here for as long as you wish to stay and work with me and my son and also if you don't like to stay in our house, we can get you your own apartment outside our house and also get to pay the rent fee for you. We promise to treat you as part of the family member and not just an aupair.

Lastly about the visa issue, that shouldn't be a problem, cause I once had a nanny from England and I referred her to the U.S Department Of State that helps us with our visa when I want to go as a tourist to another country, so she mailed them and they asked for some certain information's from her and also asked me to send them some documents, which I did and they filed everything for her and she was issued a 2 years J-1 visa, so you shouldn't worry about that. Just email them at ([email protected]) and tell them you are from Mr. Grant Barnett and you are my new aupair and you need to know about the processing of your visa and work permit, and how much would it cost.

And let me know when they reply you and I would tell you what's next for us do about your documents.

Mr. Grant Barnett.
Last edited by Naamloos123 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#197966 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:46 pm
Hello ,
That's great...Am so glad they replied your message dear...And I do want you to send them the information they need from you. The reason why it's cost a lot is because its includes your flight ticket and work permit, I have decided to help you pay 70% ($875) of your visa expenses and you will be paying 30% which is ($375) I hope that is okay by you, I have heard of different situations whereby after aupair receive the visa they won't come but am doing this because of the way you talk on your email, and I believe you won't disappoint me because no aupair site would advise me to pay for the aupair visa. Are you okay with this?

If you have any more question, feel free to ask me and I will definitely answer.

Mr. Grant Barnett.
Last edited by Naamloos123 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#197967 by Naamloos123 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 pm
No , we can't end it here because I have already told my family so many things about you and we can't afford to loose you dear. I want you to be honest and tell me how much money can you afford for the processing of your visa.

then

Okay I will think about it and I will give you a feedback soon.

and the last one

The reason why I would not agree to the salary deduction is because you going as far as paying part of the processing charges justifies how serious you are. I once assisted my cousin to pay for an Aupair from Spain, after paying all the processing charges, she turned us down by saying she had another offer from UK and that was the place she intended going. Her papers were ready so due to the fact that she turned down the opportunity as well as futile my efforts and wasting my money because the money was no longer refundable as her papers were all ready, I thought of it that had it been I have asked her to pay half of the money, she wouldn't have turned down the job my cousin offered her cause she will consider her money involved. So this is the only reason I have to contradict the idea of salary deduction. I have already promised you this job and i am willing and ready to do all my best for you,right now i have decided to help you because my son already like you so much, can you afford $150 USD? Kindly let me know so i can proceed further.
Last edited by Naamloos123 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#197969 by AlanJones Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:50 pm
The phone number 1-786-567-7748 is a VoIP number - not something a person actually in the US would need.

The reducing of the money required shows that the scammer is now desperate to steal whatever small amount he can from you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#197979 by AlanJones Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:10 pm
Emails sent to [email protected] are opened in

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.71.188.129
Originating ISP: Visafone
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline