Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#200131 by mattflower Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm
Hello, I have received an offer to work as an au-pair in London. I spoke with the family, the father says is a military from the US. So, to work legal i have to make to practice (even if i am a UE citizen), I get in touch with his lawyers. He asked my personal information to starts the procedure with the UK border Agency, he says he is now my immigrant (i signed a paper, i hope it's a fake). Then I receive emails from the Uk border Agency ([email protected] i hope this is fake) and they told me this (this should be the elegibility test) :

""" The UK Home Office is responsible for securing the UK borders and controlling migration in the
United Kingdom. We manage border control for the UK, enforcing immigration and customs
regulations. We also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the UK, citizenship
and asylum.
Disclaimer:
The UK Home Office wishes to authoritatively inform applicants seeking for immigration
status into the UK not to make any payments for processing of Work Permit, Visa and/or
Expatriate Quota Approval. Approval for entry (Visa) into the UK is executed by the
Nearest British Embassy or Consulate within the applicants country of residence or
location after certification and issuance of Visa Approval to the applicant by the UK
Home Office as at the time of application. EU Applicants please apply for Work Permit,
National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card only.
The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry
into the UK, by:
 Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entering
the UK for Business or Pleasure throughout the duration of the validity of the
Entry Visa.
 Ensuring that the applicant, has the minimum stipulated financial requirement to
earn the needed points for Entry/Work Approval, going by the new point-based
system for immigration in 2012
 Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to Live, Work and carry out business
activities in the UK legally.
The new points-based system (PBS) is the biggest shake up of the immigration system for 45
years.
Under the new system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before the UK
Work Permit, National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card and supporting paperwork for
the UK. It will help UK businesses recruit the skills it needs from abroad and assure the British
public that only the skilled migrants will need to come to the UK. The role of employees/migrants
with qualifying financial base is crucial to its success.
We would like to acknowledge receipt of your application for UK Work Permit, National
Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card only. Dane’s Family is your Host in the UK and shall
fulfill necessary hosting requirement to support your application in due course.
UK Work Permit, National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card would be issued to you
before you can work after appropriate registration with the Social Service Bureau to fulfill 2012
requirements for applicants coming to work in the United Kingdom as Au pair.
Apart from sponsorship from UK Based Employers, workers in Social Service Category (i.e. Au
pair, Babysitter, Nanny) coming to live and work in the UK for at least the stipulated contract
duration are mandated to have a minimum of £526GBP, which is the stipulated financial
requirement/basic applicant insurance allowance that must be in possession of the
applicant/employee into the UK. You must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to
support yourself. This is to certify that you can be responsible for your maintenance as
mandated by UK Insurance policies to protect and secure au pairs financially. The mandatory
insurance allowance for is £526GBP. National Insurance process is for the security and
wellbeing of the applicant and is mandatory.
Note: This is not a payment but a deposit to ensure that you can cater for your needs and
support yourself once you arrive here before you receive your first salary from your
Employer.
The UK Home Office would ensure via this means that only eligible applicants who are
financially capable are allowed entry into the UK and must be completed to fulfill
availability of funds in cases of Emergency and for full financial security of the
applicant/worker before receipt of first salary and benefits from Employers.
This process is solely for proof that you have the stipulated financial requirement as per an
applicant seeking to enter the United Kingdom despite sponsorship from your Employer for your
financial security and would take 24hrs for confirmation hence follow the detailed instructions for
confirmation of immigrant travel allowance below.
PROCEDURE: VERIFICATION/CONFIRMATION OF MANDATORY BASIC INSURANCE FUNDS
The following process has been adopted following the new-points based system to earn the needed points for issuance of UK Work Permit, National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card and supporting documents. Bank statements were hitherto accepted, however due to falsification of bank statements which does not compulsorily certify/surety that the applicant would enter the Country with the mandatory insurance allowance/financial requirement, we no longer accept bank statements as final travel guarantee for the Basic Travel Allowance
Important (As per Immigration policies, this process must be completed by anyone you wish to stand in as your next of kin; i.e. any member of your immediate family must be aware of your intended travel to the UK. This can be either your Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Close Relative or Friend)
To meet the above requirement your Father or Mother or selected next of kin or friend is to make a deposit of the stipulated financial requirement of £526GBP with Your name as the receiver To UK via any Western Union or Money Gram agent as proof that you have secured funds to support yourself when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer
NOTE*** THE DEPOSITORS SURNAME MUST BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SURNAME SO AS TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS DURING VERIFICATION OF FUND AND REFUNDMENT OF FUND ON ARRIVAL.
Sender can be any of the suggested individuals above at your discretion that you wish to be aware of your travel to the UK.
Receiver: Must be you the primary immigrant (XXXXXXXXXXX)
Payout/Destination Country: United Kingdom
Note: You must ensure that the sender is any of the above as instructed and the receiver is you for the security of your funds.
Your selected depositor should Visit the nearest Western Union Post Office, Western Union agent or Western Union Shop close to you and make the deposit of 526GBP with your name as the receiver to United Kingdom which is your insurance allowance following the transfer instructions above carefully for our verification and confirmation.
Application Checklist: You are to send the following application requirements:
 Confirm Courier Address for Shipment of Hard Copies of your UK Work Permit, National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card and other supporting documents.
 Scan the receipt of the deposit of your financial requirement including the Money Transfer Verification Number to enable our office perform Verification of the deposit. This is usually carried out within 24hrs.
Note: Ensure that the receiver is you so that only you can withdraw the deposit after the verification of deposit has been carried out. This is not a payment but a deposit for verification which is why it is in your name as the receiver and to also fulfill that you have funds to support yourself as is the mandatory process for your financial security when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer.
Confirmation of Basic Insurance Allowance satisfies the requirement for release of Relocation Package (ERP). Relocation Package protects the right of immigrants and ensures full compliance to terms and conditions of contract engagement by UK Employers.
The instructions above would earn you the needed points under the point-based system for the release of your Certificate of Eligibility, UK Work Permit, National Insurance, Social Worker Identity Card, Work Scheme Card and supporting documents to legalize your work status here.
UK Border Agency,
2 Marsham Street London
SW1P 4DF
United Kingdom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- """"

When they asked me this morning money to send with western union I get suspicios, even the western union office itself told not to make the refundable deposit cause it's probably a scam. The lawyers is telling me that if I don't pay within the 24 hours, i can maybe go into troubles cause the procedure it's already going on. He told me that the family has paid 2450 gdp for me to start the procedure of UK BORDER AGENGY. I'm a little bit scared and I don't know what to do. Can someone help me?
Advertisement

#200135 by Dotti Mon May 05, 2014 12:38 pm
It is indeed a scam. The email address is a free address opened by the scammers. It has no connection to the UK home office. You have never been in contact with anyone from any government agency.

Just cut off all contact with these criminals. Ignore their pathetic fake threats and don't respond to them any more. The only process that has been started is the process of them trying to steal your money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#200141 by mattflower Mon May 05, 2014 1:05 pm
Dotti wrote:It is indeed a scam. The email address is a free address opened by the scammers. It has no connection to the UK home office. You have never been in contact with anyone from any government agency.

Just cut off all contact with these criminals. Ignore their pathetic fake threats and don't respond to them any more. The only process that has been started is the process of them trying to steal your money.

Are you sure?? Can I relax? They have the scans of my documents what do I do?
#200145 by AlanJones Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm
If you are an EU citizen, you need no paperwork at all to work in the UK - You can work in any EU member state you want - there is no need for visas, work permits and definitely no need to show proof of funds by sending money by Western Union - no one needs to do this.

You say he has your documents - which documents are these? If they are passport or ID cards then it would be worth contacting the department that issued them to alert them and get advice about what you need to do. It is unlikely the scammer will do anything with these, but it is better to be safe.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#200157 by mattflower Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm
AlanJones wrote:If you are an EU citizen, you need no paperwork at all to work in the UK - You can work in any EU member state you want - there is no need for visas, work permits and definitely no need to show proof of funds by sending money by Western Union - no one needs to do this.

You say he has your documents - which documents are these? If they are passport or ID cards then it would be worth contacting the department that issued them to alert them and get advice about what you need to do. It is unlikely the scammer will do anything with these, but it is better to be safe.

The "laywer" told i would need a work permit because my employer is not an EU citizen.Is this a real thing? He has the scan of my ID and my health insurance card
#200158 by AlanJones Mon May 05, 2014 2:16 pm
The nationality of your "employer" is irrelevant - it is just a lie made up by the scammer to get money from EU citizens as he knows his normal fake visa story is not relevant.

You can work in the UK in any job that you want.

Just delete his emails and ignore him - there is no job and he is just an African who is too stupid or too lazy to get a real job and prefers to steal from others.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#219871 by Johana Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:08 pm
Hello!!!
I'm in the same situation.
Look!
The last sunday I found an E-mail in my skype, Family's Dane has sent me an E-mail from London, he said that he has two kids, one of them is Dave, he has sent me some pictures about his family too, even he said that his wife is in coma fitting cancer. He said that he's from the United states , he work for the US Military Special forces , and he is currently at the UK Base on special duties ,

This is one of the Email from Family's Dane.

"I am happy to get your reply and to see your commitment to this work. hope your health is very sound and you are good. I discussed with my attorney today regarding your employment ok. I discussed with my family attorney today concerning your procession and we agreed that i will pay you a Standard monthly salary of 1500gbp and a weekly allowance of 100gbp , i live at 22 ROAN STREET, GREENWICH LONDON. SE10 9SE , you will live in my house with your personal room , furnished and personal bathroom and toilet okay, you will have a television and internet connected computer in your room .
You duty is to take care of my kids , bath them , take them to parks , make their meals , make them happy at all times okay.
they are a very happy, friendly, cute kids, they really love to be taken out of the house to playgroups, swimming in our pool, going to the swings or beach, meeting friends, etc. They will grow to love you very much.
I have already discussed with my attorney that i will take care of all your UK work document Processions and flight ticket okay.
You will attend English classes or any other course on weekends under my expenses ok.
Meanwhile I have contacted our family's lawyer concerning your application and he told me that Au-pairs from your country are no longer issued Au-pair visa any more to come work in London. He said that the most convenient visa to be processed for you should be the work visa and permit which will have a duration of 1 year. I have already told him that i will take care of the expenses for the visa and work permit procession. He instructed you should forward a scanned copy of your international passport, passport photograph and C.V to his email address soon ( [email protected] ) . Explain to him that you are from the Dane's family for Au-pair work. Once he gets back to you, then you let me know.
My family is really happy about your employment .
My regards to your family.

Hope to hear from you soon."

He said me that I need to talk with his Lawyer, he gave me this E-mail "[email protected]" I have written to the family's lawyer and his anwer was this.

Lawyer's answer:
Greetings to you Ms. Juliana , I am the attorney In charge of your Visa and Work Permit Procession and I am also your Immigrant Solicitor , I have received your complete required documents , Your employer has already briefed me on your application and i have explained some few things concerning your visa and work permit procession to him. You will be processed a work visa and permit because the UK Government has stopped issuing Au-pair visa to people from your country . The Agency advised that the Work visa will be the best and most convenient to be processed for you regarding the fact that it will be easier to process here in London and the sponsor of the whole procession which is your employer also resides here in London.

With your full and consistent co-operation, every procession and issuance can be carried out within a 2 - 3 weeks and you will be issued your work visa. You do not need to go back to colombia your procession will go on as you are there in the United States .
Your employer has already promised to take care of your visa and work permit expenses and also your flight expenses.
I will submit your application to the UK BORDER AGENCY now , soonest the Agency will contact you directly with the necessary procedures. Once the Agency contacts you, then you let me know.

I require your fast and positive Response.

and my answer was:
Para: JAMES EVANS

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your answer. Emoji
Yes, Of course I will let you know as soon as can be possible when the agency contact me.

Have a great day!!!
Greetings. :)

and his answer was:
Greetings Ms. Johana , You have been contacted by the UK Border Agency with your Agreement and Application Forms, and your UK Visa and Work Permit Application Forms, Your Employer havebeen instructed to make payments for your UK Work documents procession, i have contacted your employer and he have Promised to make all payments as instructed by the Agency first thing tomorrow morning Monday 22nd September 2014.
I want you to fill your forms and forward to me to verify after which i will forward your filled forms to the UK Border Agency.
In your Agreement and Application Forms tick Yes in your International Passport option, then tick No in other options.
In your UK Visa and Work Permit Application Form, fill your Desired arrival date and Depature.
I want you to fill your forms and forward to me within 24hours ,
You Should print out the forms fill them hand, then scan and forward your filled forms to me.
I require your fast and positive response.

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE AGENCY'S EMAIL IN YOUR INBOX , ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM / JUNK BOX.
Att. J. Evans (Esq.)

and effectively I was looking for in "Spam/Junk box" and I found it. They sent me some papers to sign. I have not answered yet them. The E-mail is [email protected] but I'm not sure if this is a right from London "oFFICE BORDER"

I need an urgent advice. What do you think? What do I have to do now? was it right everything that the lawyer
say?

I hope you can help me, PLEASE ...thank you very much!!!
#219872 by AlanJones Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:16 pm
It is a scam - [email protected] is a free email address and not a UK government one (they would have a domain ending .gov.uk). [email protected] is also a free email address, and a legitimate business would not use one.

The only way to get a visa is through the UK Embassy/Consulate in your country and that would involve a in person interview at the Embassy/Consulate and assumes that you are even eligible for a UK au pair visa, which are very restrictive based on age and nationality.

#219873 by Dotti Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:21 pm
No, it is not right.

There is no job.
There is no lawyer.

There is only a criminal, most likely from Africa (the English is most definitely NOT American. The mistakes he makes are consistent with an African writer.) The criminal has sent you to a fake attorney and a fake Home Office address. Both addresses belong to the criminal or an accomplice of the criminal.

He is right that UK no longer allows au pair visas to people from most countries outside of the EU. He is telling you that to make you think that he is honest. But the rest is lies. UK does not allow you an au pair visa because they don't allow you to work as an au pair in their country. There is NO visa that you can get to work as an au pair in UK if you are not from one of the countries on their approved list. It does not matter how qualified you are or whether a family really wants you--there is absolutely no way you can work as an au pair.

#219874 by vonpaso xlura Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 pm
Es una estafa. El escritor no es americano ni no está en Gran-Bretaña. Es africano sur de la Sahara. El pago ofrecido no es apropiado para un au-pair. Las direcciones en europe.com y gmx.ch son gratuitas; un verdadero abogado y la verdadera UK Border Agency no las utilizarían. No le diga nada más al estafador, y no le dé a saber como sabe que es una estafa.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#219908 by Johana Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 pm
Ok!
So, today I had an interview with him on skype and he looked like the same man who was in the pictures sent to me some days ago. He was dressing his American militar uniform and he said me that he was in the base in Iraq. He is white, he doesn't look like an african person and he said me that tomorrow he's gonna pay for the process to get my work Visa. So, that's really crazy!
#219909 by Dotti Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:59 pm
The man in the video is a white man in a military uniform. The scammer is not.

Webcam can be faked, and an increasing number of scammers are adding fake webcam to their collection of scamming tools. All it takes is some existing video of a person and software that is routinely sold and shared among scammers. The scammers usually get video off the internet--sometimes from youtube, sometimes from social networking pages, sometimes from news sites. Occasionally they even manage to capture a real soldier on video, usually scamming that soldier and convincing him to appear on webcam, which they then record.

Scammers routinely claim to pay some expenses for you. They do this because if you believe they have paid money, then you will be far more likely to believe he is not a scammer. Then, when they ask you to pay money, they will remind you that they "paid' something for you as well to try to make you feel like you owe it to them. In reality they have not paid anything because as I already said there is NO job.

There is absolutely no doubt this is a scam. It is best NOT to stay in contact with scammers.