Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#202937 by Alouette Sun May 25, 2014 12:40 pm
This offer seemed trustworthy to me at first, but the salary is too high. Should I ask, if he had confused "week" for "month", or isn´t just worth it? Does this English sound to you like the one of a Londoner? (He has sent me some photos, too.) Thank you very much for a piece of advice.

Thanks for your mail and below are some information about my son,my family and the best way we can work together.

We live at ---.

My son is a lovely, affectionate child who loves to play, read, run about & generally have lots of fun! We are a considerate and a very busy family, who ideally are looking for someone who wants to be ''part of the family''. My son is quite special, in that he is very sensitive, emotional, caring and perceptive for a child of his age - he misses nothing.

My son is 3 and full of life, loves fun, dancing, dressing up, the outdoors, messy play, painting, reading stories and generally having lots of fun! .We are a busy family who live in a beautiful town.

In return I offer a private room & full board, shared bathroom with my son in a 4 bedroom home, tv ect. A net salary of upto 450GBP a week is offered, depending on experience.

I will like you to answer the following questions before we make our final decision about offering you the job as an Au pair in our home.
1)what are your aims and objectives in life?
2) why did you decide to become an Au pair?
3) how do you intend to impact positively in our son's life?
4) what kind of person are you(your likes and dislikes)?
5) do you get angry easily?
6)if offered the job as our Au pair, when would you like to start?
7) what is your full name?

Thanks and hope to hear from you. Also Dont worry about your coming we will arrange from here.

Mr --- for the family.

Thanks for the mail and answers.

However We want to employ you ,cos we found your profile so special to take care of our boy.

Do send your phone number and your free date to start duties with us, so we can send you the offer letter, where you will found the teams and condition of our offer.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Advertisement

#202940 by AlanJones Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 pm
It is a scam - the writing is that of an African, not a natural English speaker.

You can also find parts of the scripted email here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=80091&p=186586

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.