Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#207526 by msdonna Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 am
I am a Philippine national. I applied as an au pair in UK and there is a family that wants me to work for them but I am not sure if they are genuine. I got an advice to directly contact your embassy to ask if a Philippine national is allowed to work as an au pair in the UK or not? And or if you can verify if the family is real?

Hope to hear from you soon for the host family sent me a contract letter already and asked to send it to [email protected] with my information ( full name, bday, address and signature )

Here attached the copy of contract ( he is waiting for me to send this with my info ). Mercy. Thank you.

Sincerely

Donna

+ the copy of the contract

And this is a response I received from the UK Embassy: (I asked permission to post their response to the forum)

Good afternoon,

This is a scam, do not respond to the email. If you have made any payments, we would suggest that you contact the police / seek legal advice.

Kind regards

HMRC Online Security Team
Advertisement

#207530 by AlanJones Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 am
Filipinos are not eligible to work in the UK as au pairs - the UK's Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme), which covers au pairs is very ristricted in who is eligible based on Nationality and age, as detailed here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/.

Anyone who says that they can get an au pair that is not eligible as per the above page a visa is a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.